Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2011, 09:41 AM
RE: Homosexuality, and what the Bible says about it.
Well... I'll just say this. I had a girlfriend that was bi-sexual. I'll just say that it was an awsome situation. She loved to bring other women home into our bed. Which was just fine and dandy for me! Smile

Men always have that 3 way fantasy.... it worked out great cause I got my wishes.. and she got her wishes too!

.... OH the bible says what??? Shit we need to take them bibles and throw them into a big lake of fire where they will burn and suffer and nash their teeth forever and ever and ever till the end of fucking time!.....

.. Wait did I say say that? I meant bible thumpers..

bah... lemme get take another drink and I'll get back to you on this topic....

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
06-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Back in my lamer Catholic School boy days me and my boys used to pick on a "funny kid" just because he acted different. I thought it was cool to do so not because of what the bible said, but because my friends were doing it, so why not I? I was a total follower for the most part but figured that we were just screwing with him, until one of my buds tried to beat the kid up. I held him back, and told him that he shouldn't do something that he'd regret later down in life. He started saying a bunch of crap about how the kid was a sinner, and God doesn't care. I said, "I care." I saw him when I hit Manhattan a few weeks back, and wouldn't you know it, he and the guy we messed with were dating. A year steady.

I know in the late future when I have kids, I'll be their guiding hand, and teach them about nothing more than peace. People have to give you a reason first for you to dislike them, and a real reason. I think I'd lose my head if my future son or daughter gets in trouble for picking on someone because they think of them as "different", or because their friends are doing it; that was a mistake I made, and it was a pretty stupid one. I don't care for the labels, I don't think sexual orientation is a "difference", and I think the hate has got to end.

My old biology professor once said "everybody, stand up, and look around. Everyone you see before you is the same as you. We're all alike, and don't convince yourself otherwise, because you'll just be wasting your time."

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
[+] 4 users Like Thinking about Myths's post
12-11-2011, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 10:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-10-2011 01:50 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 01:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Jesus H Christ,

As your a Christian I would love to hear your views on this topic.
Honestly I do not think it is right, but I will never look down on someone for making their own choices based on freedom. If people want to engage in homosexuality I say let em do it. I just do not want any part of it and will teach my kids that it is wrong. It is my freedom of choice to have those feelings and teach my kids how I please. And that same philosophy can be said about homosexuals and having the ability to make their own choices and teach their kids as they please.

I know a great deal of people in the GLBT community. Everyone that I know in that community is dying of AIDS or they know a handful of people dying from AIDS. To me that is a reflection that it is wrong and a consequence for doing something that you should not do.

That said I will admit that most if not all Christians go about it the wrong way. They look down upon those people and treat them as if they were less than them. And that is wrong. They should interact and treat them the same as anyone else. If someone is homosexual and gets this treatment from a Christian they should remind that Christian that technically Jesus would have hung around homosexuals and treated them as equals.

1. Most people in this country with HIV/Aids are now on anti retroviral medications, and are NOT dying of anything. It is now a chronic condition, because the drugs work very well. Most of them have normal life spans. The ones YOU know either have REALLY bad doctors, or don't take their meds.

2. There are significant advancements being made in the search for a cure. What are you going to use as an argument when that is announced ? I know of three medical research centers that are doing promising trials.

3. You can teach your kids anything you like, but with your attitude, you will insure that if any of them ARE gay or bisexual, they will most likely resent you, and NOT share it with you.

Human sexual behaviors are observed over a vast range of behaviors, (ever hear of the Bell curve ?) and in fact, most "straight" men and women have at least one to three same sex encounters in their life time. The real stupidity here is that some red necks are SO fucking ignorant, that they don't realize that sodomy is practiced just as much by straights as gays. Obviously, people know you have the attitudes you do, and would not discuss the raelity of their behaviors with you, as they know you don't "get it".

As far as the bible goes, there was NO concept of sexual orientation AT ALL, until the scientific age, and specifiaclly the late 1800's regarding this subject. The compilers/editors of the biblical texts NEVER heard about sexual orientation. They said same sex behavior was wrong because they thought it was "unclean", (just as they forbad sex with menstuating women), ...and thought it would threaten the community, and they NEEDED as many children as possible.

The story of Sodom and Gommorah has NOTHING to do with sexual behavior. It follows the story of Abraham's hospitality in Genesis to the strangers he encountered, and is the antithesis to it, ie a contrasting story of INHOSPITALITY. The point is, Lot would NOT allow the people of his village to be inhospitable to his guests, which was one of THE most important values they had, (and which would be perfectly reasonable in a desert environment). It was NOT about sex.

Cheers. Cool

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-11-2011, 10:56 PM
(12-11-2011 10:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As far as the bible goes, there was NO concept of sexual orientation AT ALL, until the scientific age, and specifiaclly the late 1800's regarding this subject. The compilers/editors of the biblical texts NEVER heard about sexual orientation. They said same sex behavior was wrong because they thought it was "unclean", (just as they forbad sex with menstuating women), ...and thought it would threaten the community, and they NEEDED as many children as possible.
Come on. You don't need a master's in evolutionary biology to understand "tab a goes into slot b." Tongue

But you're correct about identity. The Jews saw themselves as "chosen of god;" in the time of Judea and Rome, homosexuality and homosexual behavior "ran rampant" as a function of the legions. A lot of these peeps were "head count" from Rome, serving under the Eagle for its retirement package - a parcel of land in the Italian countryside - so these foreign posts were like "Vegas." (What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.) And, you know, libido... war... buncha guys...

So! It was seen as "debauchery;" unclean, as you say. Wink

(That covers Paul; but I'm certain it was a same kinda consideration with Leviticus. To my knowledge, Marius pretty much invented the concept of "standing army" by recruiting the "head count" - Romans on the dole living in the city - but I'd bet my... well, no betting Tongue but guys have always had testosterone; homosexual behavior as a function of camaraderie in war is as old as, well, war and sex.)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Same sex behaviors are observed in every specie on the planet, (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...2106.htm), and speaking of evolutionary biology, why is this trait so constant in the history of (at least), our species ? It must be useful for something, or it would have been selected out, millions of years ago. If you think putting "tab 'a' into slot 'b' is all there is to sex, I feel sorry for your partners. Sad

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-11-2011, 11:34 PM
(12-11-2011 11:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Same sex behaviors are observed in every specie on the planet, (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...2106.htm), and speaking of evolutionary biology, why is this trait so constant in the history of (at least), our species ? It must be useful for something, or it would have been selected out, millions of years ago. If you think putting "tab 'a' into slot 'b' is all there is to sex, I feel sorry for your partners. Sad
Mary Palm ain't got no feelings. Tongue

Why? War. Reproduction is tab a slot b - making love is... not an appropriate topic for this forum. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2011, 11:51 PM

To make the statement "I just do not want any part of it and will teach my kids that it is wrong" is having a HUGE part in it. You are indoctrinating your children at an early age to disagree with something that is wrong IN YOUR BIASED OPINION. Being a parent does not "give you the right" There are parents who teach that incest, molestation, rasism, bullying, list goes on and on is right (or wrong) purely based on "their right to raise kids the way they want" you are effecticely brainwashing them. Teach them that it is only your opinion, and that your opinion is subject to factual correction and then you'll be doing right by them. We are the products of our enviroments and your ensuring the growth of your religion but not the growth of your child.
(12-11-2011 10:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 01:50 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 01:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Jesus H Christ,

As your a Christian I would love to hear your views on this topic.
Honestly I do not think it is right, but I will never look down on someone for making their own choices based on freedom. If people want to engage in homosexuality I say let em do it. I just do not want any part of it and will teach my kids that it is wrong. It is my freedom of choice to have those feelings and teach my kids how I please. And that same philosophy can be said about homosexuals and having the ability to make their own choices and teach their kids as they please.

I know a great deal of people in the GLBT community. Everyone that I know in that community is dying of AIDS or they know a handful of people dying from AIDS. To me that is a reflection that it is wrong and a consequence for doing something that you should not do.

That said I will admit that most if not all Christians go about it the wrong way. They look down upon those people and treat them as if they were less than them. And that is wrong. They should interact and treat them the same as anyone else. If someone is homosexual and gets this treatment from a Christian they should remind that Christian that technically Jesus would have hung around homosexuals and treated them as equals.

1. Most people in this country with HIV/Aids are now on anti retroviral medications, and are NOT dying of anything. It is now a chronic condition, because the drugs work very well. Most of them have normal life spans. The ones YOU know either have REALLY bad doctors, or don't take their meds.

2. There are significant advancements being made in the search for a cure. What are you going to use as an argument when that is announced ? I know of three medical research centers that are doing promising trials.

3. You can teach your kids anything you like, but with your attitude, you will insure that if any of them ARE gay or bisexual, they will most likely resent you, and NOT share it with you.

Human sexual behaviors are observed over a vast range of behaviors, (ever hear of the Bell curve ?) and in fact, most "straight" men and women have at least one to three same sex encounters in their life time. The real stupidity here is that some red necks are SO fucking ignorant, that they don't realize that sodomy is practiced just as much by straights as gays. Obviously, people know you have the attitudes you do, and would not discuss the raelity of their behaviors with you, as they know you don't "get it".

As far as the bible goes, there was NO concept of sexual orientation AT ALL, until the scientific age, and specifiaclly the late 1800's regarding this subject. The compilers/editors of the biblical texts NEVER heard about sexual orientation. They said same sex behavior was wrong because they thought it was "unclean", (just as they forbad sex with menstuating women), ...and thought it would threaten the community, and they NEEDED as many children as possible.

The story of Sodom and Gommorah has NOTHING to do with sexual behavior. It follows the story of Abraham's hospitality in Genesis to the strangers he encountered, and is the antithesis to it, ie a contrasting story of INHOSPITALITY. The point is, Lot would NOT allow the people of his village to be inhospitable to his guests, which was one of THE most important values they had, (and which would be perfectly reasonable in a desert environment). It was NOT about sex.

Cheers. Cool
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2011, 11:53 PM

But it didnt happen, stick to facts.
(27-10-2011 01:30 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  
(26-10-2011 07:22 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(26-10-2011 03:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  What irritates me even more is when people actually try and claim that they are being discriminated against if they aren't allowed to discriminate! We've had that a few times over here in England. There was a Christian couple in the news a while back who owned a B&B and refused to give a room to a gay couple. When they were done for discrimination they claimed that as Christians they were being discriminated against and having their rights infringed if they weren't allowed to discriminate against gays! I was so glad when they were laughed out of court with a massive fine!

Wonder how they'd feel if they tried to get a room at an atheist-owned B&B and were turned away because they were Christians.
For some reason that reminds me of the B&B scene on Borat. Funny stuff.
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2011, 06:37 PM
For the record, I know a ton of gay people, and I don't know a single one with AIDS. The only person I know with AIDS is a straight married man who got it from a batch of tainted blood in the 80's (and he's still alive thanks to the drugs). So all those posts from JesusHChrist about the GLBT community having higher proportions of AIDS infection is ridiculous. In fact, of the entire world population, the majority of infected people are NOT identified as homosexual.....just not practicing safe sex.

My gay friends are not bad people, sinners, or working against nature. If there really is a God in some form (which I obviously don't believe), that god made them feel the way they do towards the same sex. So what's the point, make them want something considered to be a cardinal sin and then 'test' them to see how they handle it? Why are only some people then chosen to be this way? Such a load of crap. I will teach my children that gay people are just as normal as straight people, and I will love and accept them no matter which way they go. I don't think religious people see how much hate and judgement they really carry around deep inside, no matter how much they tell themselves they don't.
[+] 1 user Likes bluesummer's post
14-11-2011, 09:39 PM
(12-11-2011 11:34 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(12-11-2011 11:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Same sex behaviors are observed in every specie on the planet, (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...2106.htm), and speaking of evolutionary biology, why is this trait so constant in the history of (at least), our species ? It must be useful for something, or it would have been selected out, millions of years ago. If you think putting "tab 'a' into slot 'b' is all there is to sex, I feel sorry for your partners. Sad
Mary Palm ain't got no feelings. Tongue

Why? War. Reproduction is tab a slot b - making love is... not an appropriate topic for this forum. Wink

Not an appropriate topic ? Says who ? The thread was not "what causes reproduction to occur ?", And anyway, there are so many ways to initiate reproduction these days, (and with 7 billion people on the planet who needs more?), that reproduction is a straw man in this argument. Dodgy