Homosexuality no longer a 'sin'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2010, 01:01 AM

RE: Homosexuality no longer a 'sin'
Ashley, that quote is revolting! It seems so primal that people still think like that!
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2010, 11:15 AM
(23-07-2010 01:01 AM)trekkiechick Wrote:  Ashley, that quote is revolting! It seems so primal that people still think like that!

Yeah, I didn't really know what to say to that Undecided I don't think that a gay person with a gun will go on a killing spree, but I'm concerned about people like the one that posted that being given a gun.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2010, 02:35 PM

Agreed. My parents are gay rights supporters, but my grandma's really homophobic. When I made a joke about my boyfriend possibly being gay, she gasped and acted like I said he was a terrorist! Why are people afraid of gay people anyway? It's really stupid. I asked the religion teacher at my old school - he's not homophobic, he was an ok guy, not a bible-beater - and he said that some of the serious Catholics and other Christians think that they'll get raped or something. All I have to say is WTF?
25-07-2010, 11:37 PM
(25-07-2010 02:35 PM)trekkiechick Wrote:  Agreed. My parents are gay rights supporters, but my grandma's really homophobic. When I made a joke about my boyfriend possibly being gay, she gasped and acted like I said he was a terrorist! Why are people afraid of gay people anyway? It's really stupid. I asked the religion teacher at my old school - he's not homophobic, he was an ok guy, not a bible-beater - and he said that some of the serious Catholics and other Christians think that they'll get raped or something. All I have to say is WTF?

I'm not sure why, but people do tend to make connections that simply do not exist. Like gay people are rapists, or pedophiles. I once met a guy who wouldn't let any gay man walk behind him for fear of getting raped. I told him how stupid that sounded, but he insisted, just in case...

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
26-07-2010, 01:05 AM
(25-07-2010 02:35 PM)trekkiechick Wrote:  Agreed. My parents are gay rights supporters, but my grandma's really homophobic. When I made a joke about my boyfriend possibly being gay, she gasped and acted like I said he was a terrorist! Why are people afraid of gay people anyway? It's really stupid. I asked the religion teacher at my old school - he's not homophobic, he was an ok guy, not a bible-beater - and he said that some of the serious Catholics and other Christians think that they'll get raped or something. All I have to say is WTF?

It is not just Catholics and Christians in general, it can be everybody- even secular- who thinks like that. Homophbia, unfotunetly, isn't special for the believers. It is a taboo among non-religious communities as well ( but in much smaller extend...). For example, I have a friend who drafted 2 weeks ago to the IDF and he has a gay guy in his team. He really likes him as a person, always talks how funny he is and how great person he is- expect from the fact he is gay. My friend told me he affraid about his ass all the time. When I ask him if he is going to rape every woman he sees, he of coures answered me "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" and after I ask him how the fact that Pavel (the name of the gay guy) likes guys just like he likes girls is different about the subject of rape he couldn't answer me.
And he is complete secular.
I hope this conversation helped him to understand he is complete idiot about the subject.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2010, 02:21 PM

I'm not gay nor homophobic however I don't understand why homosexul people announce they are at every opportunity. More often than not, they create the opportunity themselves. Anybody know why?
21-08-2010, 03:02 PM
(21-08-2010 02:21 PM)Smee Wrote:  I'm not gay nor homophobic however I don't understand why homosexul people announce they are at every opportunity. More often than not, they create the opportunity themselves. Anybody know why?

Homosexual people announce that they are at every opportunity? I havent noticed that, but how could I have, since I dont know anyone who has announced being gay. The christian democrats have blamed gays for ''making their selfs into a circus amusement'', but the partys chairwoman also commented the pride march gas attack incident as ''possibly being a counter reaction against the value liberalism of the elite'', so I dont really take them seriously.

Can you explain on what do you base your assumption of gays always announcing their orientation?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
21-08-2010, 03:13 PM

(21-08-2010 03:02 PM)Kikko Wrote:  
(21-08-2010 02:21 PM)Smee Wrote:  I'm not gay nor homophobic however I don't understand why homosexul people announce they are at every opportunity. More often than not, they create the opportunity themselves. Anybody know why?

Homosexual people announce that they are at every opportunity?
Can you explain on what do you base your assumption of gays always announcing their orientation?

I don't know who started this thread but the first post serves as an example. I saw another (and responded to it) and suspect there are many more. In both cases, the author of the first post brought up the subject of being gay.
I'm not here to bash gays, lesbians, or anyone else... (except Mormons and such - Relax, just kidding about the Mormons) merely asking questions and expressing my thoughts.
Hey if I'm wrong on something and hopefully intelligent enough to realize it, I don't have a problem admitting my mistake(s) and trying to fix any damage I've caused.
21-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Well, if there really is somekind of behavior where people tend to make their sexual orientation clear right in the beginning, my guess is that it´s because gayness being ok is a pretty new thing and especially if someone has been discriminated against because of his/her sexuality, being a part of a sexual minority might become a big part of self identification.

Quote:I'm not here to bash gays, lesbians, or anyone else... (except Mormons and such - Relax, just kidding about the Mormons) merely asking questions and expressing my thoughts.
Asking questions and expressing thoughts by conversation is the right thing to do, I dont think anyone could assume that you would be bashing minorities by doing that.
Quote:Hey if I'm wrong on something and hopefully intelligent enough to realize it, I don't have a problem admitting my mistake(s) and trying to fix any damage I've caused.
Thats the right attitude and way of thinking, welcome to the club!

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
21-08-2010, 03:51 PM

Wow good answer! Now that we seem to be on a roll please allow me to ask another controversial question... (I'm not trying to start a battle here, I really want to know)

I ended up living in the South East U.S. for a few years and nearly everyone was obcessed with religion. When meeting someone for the first time, before even asking your name, they would ask which church you belong to. If it was none the endless recruiting began. I saw the reactions when someone would respond with a different church than the person asking. Suddenly they were sub-human and not worth talking to.
The recruiters come to my door here in the Southwestern U.S. too but not nearly as often. Too often I'm forced to be rude to make them go away.
So my question is this... why are some people so determined to convert non-believers into thier cults? Do they get God-credits or something?