Homosexuality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Homosexuality
So.... I thought I was heterosexual for many years then discovered I'm actually gay.
And although I've been a liberal activist for as long as I can remember it's pretty odd feeling the smack of gay prejudice. I've relocated to California where it's far more accepted here, but occasional eye rolls for holding my honey's hand are just ridiculous to me.
Why would anyone care that We're together and make one another happy? How this is wrong makes absolutely no sense.
None.....
There's no feasible way my relationship with my partner should threaten anyone.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
15-09-2014, 12:22 PM
(15-09-2014 10:59 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  How can anything be unnatural? Are humans not part of nature, and subject to the laws of nature?

Blah blah Free Will blah blah Theodicy.

Basically, they believe God things homosexuality is an abomination (thus, not natural), yet people are gay. They believe God will punish people for being gay. So, if God made them gay, he'd be punishing them for something he'd done. If the person choose to be gay, it's their fault for going against the natural order of things.

In short, it makes them more comfortable to frame it this way.
15-09-2014, 12:37 PM
(15-09-2014 12:22 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-09-2014 10:59 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  How can anything be unnatural? Are humans not part of nature, and subject to the laws of nature?

Blah blah Free Will blah blah Theodicy.

Basically, they believe God things homosexuality is an abomination (thus, not natural), yet people are gay. They believe God will punish people for being gay. So, if God made them gay, he'd be punishing them for something he'd done. If the person choose to be gay, it's their fault for going against the natural order of things.

Yanno I have new insurance and a new doctor here who tells me 1 in 6 people are gay if not bi.
So... apparently there's a stastistic floating around out there.
The next dinner party of three couples you attend you can look around the table and wonder

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
15-09-2014, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2014 02:23 PM by One Above All.)
(15-09-2014 11:56 AM)ZeroX3 Wrote:  I am not against gay marriage. I was just giving an example that one shouldn't imitate animals in everything they do, which is why i compared that bit.

And that would be relevant, if anyone were making that argument. What you did was use (not sure if that's the right word) a fallacy called "strawman".
Nobody is suggesting that we mimic animals in everything that they do. Like I said, the fact that homosexuality is natural is simply a debunking of the claim that it's not. It's not an assertion that everything natural is good.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
15-09-2014, 12:39 PM
To me if two people want to fuck, whether they be the same gender or not, as long as it is in their privacy we're straight

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-09-2014, 12:41 PM
As a trans female, I'd like to weigh in and say I believe genetics play a very strong part in it. I know its not a popular opinion and I'll be scoffed at by others for it, that's OK. But from my own personal experience and observations, I feel that it is.

I come from a devout Mormon family and I have five other siblings. We were pretty isolated from the rest of the world. It was always church, church, church, and a smattering of extra church functions.

However, I turned out to be a trans female, another sibling is a trans male, and the baby of the family is a lesbian. Three out of six kids are LGBT. Two others are VERY devout and the third is just an aloof male teenager who does his own thing.
15-09-2014, 12:45 PM
(15-09-2014 12:37 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(15-09-2014 12:22 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Blah blah Free Will blah blah Theodicy.

Yanno I have new insurance and a new doctor here who tells me 1 in 6 people are gay if not bi.
The next dinner party of three couples you attend you can look around the table and wonder

Surely the 1 in 6 drops when observing people in heterosexual relationships. I can't speculate by how much, but it seems likely.
15-09-2014, 01:03 PM
(15-09-2014 12:45 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(15-09-2014 12:37 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yanno I have new insurance and a new doctor here who tells me 1 in 6 people are gay if not bi.

Surely the 1 in 6 drops when observing people in heterosexual relationships. I can't speculate by how much, but it seems likely.

Pretty sure the Dr meant even" tendencies" which many heterosexuals will even ignore.
(Like I did)
So.... nope he said one out of every six people.
(?)
The dinner party comment was meant more as a joke.

15-09-2014, 04:18 PM

I had a test. My electrons go 'round backwards. I am unnatural.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-09-2014, 04:20 PM
(15-09-2014 04:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I had a test. My electrons go 'round backwards. I am unnatural.

Nah, that's just because the definition of current is backwards. Current flow is opposite to charge flow.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post