Honest questions for Kingschosen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2012, 03:15 AM
RE: Honest questions for Kingschosen
(25-01-2012 02:39 AM)Malleus Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 04:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The water covered the regional land and the hills.

Where exactly did this happen?

in the collective schizophrenic dreams of those who wrote and those who interpret the Bible.

Floods leave evidence, unless including all the magic poop problems and magic feeding God magically cleared up all the sediments and what not washed away, or unless it was a *really small* flood...

And we know where to look anyway, 'cos it's gotta be somewheres near Mt Ararat.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2012, 08:17 AM
But without freewill, do you really do anything? I mean, if your actions are already set in order by god, then what choice do you have in the matter? That is what gets me. Your response that nothing you do will affect him still seems to imply you have control, but that would mean you have the ability to choose what to do, and that implies free will.

Or am I missing something in the details for what you consider to be "free will?"

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
25-01-2012, 02:55 PM

(25-01-2012 02:39 AM)Malleus Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 04:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The water covered the regional land and the hills.

Where exactly did this happen?

KC,
Can you please explain the physical boundries of your 'theroy'. If its regional, where did it end where did it stop..and how was this vast amount of water supported?
Not being silly or sarcastic here, but was there some invisible water wall that held it all together?
If you are gonna argue the Flood was true, the traditional POV (as nutty as it is) makes more sense than a regional one. Just saying.

And as others have mentioned, if it was indeed regional...god could have just sent all the animals packing for safety. Truly unnecessary to heard them up, dont you think?

Were the wicked people that god needed to nuke just in the regional area of Noah? What about all the other civilizations living at that time? Where they blameless and Non Wicked? If god let them live...then god saving Noah and his klan is a bit deflating............

Not tring to beat you up, but many of us are clearly showing holes in the original story and your 'new and improved' new age version.

We'll be waiting for some insightful responses from you.

D
Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 01:42 PM by kingschosen.)
(24-01-2012 02:16 PM)Jasrace Wrote:  How do you justify God's murder of innocent children?

Here are some verses: "I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children." (Leviticus 26:22)

"This is what the Lord says: Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass .... And Saul ... utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword." (1 Samuel 15:3,7-8)

"... Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and; also the women and little ones.... every male and every woman that has lain with a male you shall utterly destroy." (Judges 21:10-12)

This seems insane to me. I have heard attemps to justify these atrocities before and I none of the reasons make sense.

I think I addressed this in the Ask a Theist thread. Anyway, morally, I have no justification for it; however, it was according to God's plan to preserved the Messianic line.

If you noticed, once the Messiah came, there was a push to accept all Gentiles since salvation was for all types of men.
(24-01-2012 07:20 PM)Godless Wrote:  Do you believe in a literal hell?

None of this separation from god but eternal suffering and burning? Or do you maybe beleive that hell is also eternal and just where all the non chosen go?

Yes. I believe in a literal hell.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-01-2012, 02:36 PM
(26-01-2012 01:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If you noticed, once the Messiah came, there was a push to accept all Gentiles since salvation was for all types of men.

If that's true, then why does God hate Asians so much? There are several verses such as this one:

Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
26-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Okay so you both don't beleive in free will as you have stated in the past and believe in a literal hell?

Do you see where this ends up going?

If you do you should understand why if the gold you believe in actually existed I still wouldn't follow him.
26-01-2012, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 03:20 PM by kingschosen.)
(26-01-2012 02:36 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 01:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If you noticed, once the Messiah came, there was a push to accept all Gentiles since salvation was for all types of men.

If that's true, then why does God hate Asians so much? There are several verses such as this one:

Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia

We don't know why the Holy Spirit didn't want Paul in Asia at that time; however, soon after, he went to Ephesus (where we get Ephesians).
(26-01-2012 03:11 PM)Godless Wrote:  Okay so you both don't beleive in free will as you have stated in the past and believe in a literal hell?

Do you see where this ends up going?

If you do you should understand why if the gold you believe in actually existed I still wouldn't follow him.

Yep. I completely understand.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
26-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Back to this no free will thing...then what is the point of prayer? It's like asking god to change his plan to please us. And that brings us to supposed answered prayer...why would god answer your prayer (change his plan) over someone else's? (picture of starving children inserted here.)

I don't think I have ever heard of no free will growing up catholic. Crazy idea!! So you get zero credit for anything that you do, good or bad, it's all according to god's plan. It's god's plan to for children to die of cancer, or starve to death, or from lack of water because "god works in mysterious ways" (Jim Jefferies voice). Fuck that....if that were true FUCK HIM! How could anyone worship a god like that? BAffled. If I could look this god in the face, and knew all this to be true, I would fucking kill him and shit down his neck.

Just saying.

“Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lives they must live." ~Charles Bukowski
26-01-2012, 08:30 PM
(26-01-2012 07:48 PM)HiLiKuS Wrote:  Back to this no free will thing...then what is the point of prayer? It's like asking god to change his plan to please us. And that brings us to supposed answered prayer...why would god answer your prayer (change his plan) over someone else's? (picture of starving children inserted here.)

I don't think I have ever heard of no free will growing up catholic. Crazy idea!! So you get zero credit for anything that you do, good or bad, it's all according to god's plan. It's god's plan to for children to die of cancer, or starve to death, or from lack of water because "god works in mysterious ways" (Jim Jefferies voice). Fuck that....if that were true FUCK HIM! How could anyone worship a god like that? BAffled. If I could look this god in the face, and knew all this to be true, I would fucking kill him and shit down his neck.

Just saying.

Many of your questions can be answered here.

This is what I said about prayer:
Prayer is essential because it is communication with God. Most people see prayer as “Oh hai god! Heal plz. Can I have this?” Prayer, in essence, isn’t this at all. Yes, our fates our determined, but this line of communication helps us understand God. It allows Him to answer questions. He can reveal to us the “whys”. Prayer is for us. It’s not for God.

We are to pray for others in obedience. Praying for others also allows God to reveal to us how He wants us to be used, what to say, and how to act around others. Ultimately, none of that is our choice; however, prayer is use as an explanation for His purpose and a look into His will.

26-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I like how puppets with no control over their lives need to be given orders rather than have their strings pulled =p I've never really seen King explain how he feels there is no free will. He keeps interjecting his non-free will world with free will.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.