Honor is important
Fuck honor, bullshit...
Honor is nice a concept but I don't think it is something real
Hello Smile
[Show Results]

Honor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 02:01 PM by Leela.)
Honor
What exactly is honor and why is it important for some people and for some it isn't?
No thanks, I don't need another quote from wikipedia, just think for youself for a moment?
What do you think of when you hear the word "honor"?
Are you a person of honor? Do you respect, ignore, despise people who have a high feeling of honor?

I for one feel that honor is important. Always have. The moment I understood honor I wanted to act with honor. As a child already.
And for that I got very positive reactions.
The first time I remember me acting honorful (for my definition) was when I was 9 years old. I always played at farm that took care of horses. But they also had a few goats and those had horns. So I went there and played and I saw a small kid, about 2 years old, walk around alone. And I saw a goats running towards it with the horns to stab or bump it. So I ran there and lifted the baby and made us look big so the goat got scared or something but certainly didn't wanna anymore. Moments later the mom came around the corner and thanked me very much.

My own definition of honor is as follows:
People who are weak, sick, or a minority need to be helped and heard as much as possible.
Acting fair is important.
In some situations you have to act for the wellbeing of others before your own (own children, husband, good friends, etc).
Thinking things through before acting is important.
Staying reasonable and objective (as well as possible) is very important.

I do not care about explicit language, bad words, or if someone walks different. I care about actions. Actions on important matters. I do not care if someone has a childish fight, there is no losing and winning. I don't care about a lot of things that others take as very important. Someone's ego was hurt because of a disagreement? Well suck it up, you know?

Yes, I am very self conscious about this topic, and I am still working on myself, and probably I will never be perfect > most likely actual. After all I am just human, but I have high standards for myself.

Honor in my opinion has nothing to do with fighting, not directly. Many people use it as excuse. And there I think about honor killings, religious wars, and the street fights about "what did you say about my mother!?"... That's not about honor, that's mindless.

It is sad that honor has such a bad image by now. Too many have taken the word and made it into something that it isn't.

EDIT: sorry typo in poll, can't change it, tried it but can't...

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 02:13 PM
RE: Honor
Quote:The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.

Socrates

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Honour to me just indicates personal structure. I try to stay true to my personal code that I`ve established through life experience. Things like keeping my word, and being as honest as I can be. Giving others what I believe they would give to me, though I can be far to generous with that aspect as it seems I'm far more willing to give than most people I've come across/been friends with.

The only way to me honour has to do with battle is in that if a friend gets in over their number count in a fight it is my duty as their friend to help them out. However I believe in keeping a fight as fair as it can be. Which means that if my friend is losing a fight where the combatants were equal numbers/size/skill whatever, then too bad for him. But on the other end of that spectrum, if someone jumps you or outnumbers you, or something along those lines I believe you should be able to use any skills or weapons at your disposal. Seeing as how most people where I am from don't believe in a fair fight this is more often the case. But again, there is no general code of honour to adhere to unless you are samurai, of which I am not... sadly.

I'd rather be a ninja anyways as cool as seven samurai is. Which is very cool indeed.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
20-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Honor is simply how much society, or the way you perceive society, respects you. It is neither important to me, nor do I think it is a big deal for other people. If I respect you, I respect you. If I don't, I don't. The end.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 4 users Like Logica Humano's post
20-11-2012, 02:30 PM
(20-11-2012 02:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Honor is simply how much society, or the way you perceive society, respects you. It is neither important to me, nor do I think it is a big deal for other people. If I respect you, I respect you. If I don't, I don't. The end.
Where's the honor in that? Laughat

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
20-11-2012, 02:31 PM
(20-11-2012 02:30 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 02:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Honor is simply how much society, or the way you perceive society, respects you. It is neither important to me, nor do I think it is a big deal for other people. If I respect you, I respect you. If I don't, I don't. The end.
Where's the honor in that? Laughat
There's a lot of honor in the fact that I don't give a shit about my honor. Wink

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
20-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Honor? Hmmm ...

To me, it's when you say you will do something for someone, you actually do it. You have self respect, and respect for your own word.

Honor is simply honesty.

How can anyone become an atheist when we were all born with no religious beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
BORN THIS WAY
20-11-2012, 09:14 PM
What is this honor thing. Honour? Hour? derp

Honour is a silly concept people made to keep others playing by the rules. Especially the ones that prevent others from doing things they don't want them to do. While his is a good thing in the case of murderers, it is not so good when someones honour prevents them from doing something.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
20-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Honor is overloaded with multiple definitions.

(20-11-2012 02:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Honour to me just indicates personal structure. I try to stay true to my personal code that I`ve established through life experience. Things like keeping my word, and being as honest as I can be.

Honor as personal integrity is important to me for my own selfish purpose of preserving my character.

(20-11-2012 02:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Honor is simply how much society, or the way you perceive society, respects you.

Honor as accolades don't mean dick to me.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.