Honouring the dead today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Honouring the dead today.
I see a lot of my fellow countrymen and women honouring all of the soldiers who have fought and died in what I consider bullshit wars....(im not going into the politics of it).....by having two minutes of silence to at 11am.

I will be observing this silence too.........however I will also be honouring and remembering the poor men,women and children who are all labeled "collateral" in these wars of theres (I replace the word ours with the word theres because these wars are not fought in my name as I dont agree with any of them)

People who are just going about there everyday lifes not involved in politics or the war......who still get bombed and killed.

So R.I.P. today ALL of the people who have died at the hands of wars........in the UK the poppy is tied to a quote "Lest we forget".....well one day I really do hope that this is remembered next time countrys go to war.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-11-2011, 10:23 AM
RE: Honouring the dead today.
Truer words were never spoken. I do not simply bow my head in respect for those who fought for us. I bow my head for all of the innocent lives that were taken away in the wars. The war was a terrible and should NEVER be repeated at all costs. I shall show the upmost respect for those who lost their lives and show no mercy to those who do not.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
11-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I gave £20 to the poppy lady and stood at my great Grandfathers grave displaying his WWII medals and a photograph of me and him together as well as one of him in 1939 for 2 hours before it got too wet to stay out.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-11-2011, 08:22 PM
You think we wouldn't learned of the costs of war from world war 1 & 2...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire