Horoscope

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: Horoscope
If I had the time of birth right then I am Cancer with Capricorn rising...hmmm....

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 04:26 AM
I've asked a couple of dozen people who believe in the horoscope woo to guess my sign. The odds of that happening aren't too astronomical - However, of the approximately half-dozen people willing to indulge me further they guessed my sign incorrectly 11 times in a row, leaving only my true sign as the remaining option.

15-01-2014, 07:51 AM
(15-01-2014 04:26 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I've asked a couple of dozen people who believe in the horoscope woo to guess my sign. The odds of that happening aren't too astronomical - However, of the approximately half-dozen people willing to indulge me further they guessed my sign incorrectly 11 times in a row, leaving only my true sign as the remaining option.
A modern astrologer wouldn't guess. The modern astrology is not about predicting the future or guessing what are you like, it's about identifying your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and solutions. Also, transit analysis is kind of a "weather forecast".
You can think of a horoscope as a lock, but you are the key, you hold all the right answers. Modern astrologers should admit that outright. A modern astrologer should change the interpretation according to your level of development, age, gender, intelligence... Most astrologers believe that generalizations and rules are possible, but only in retrospect.
IOW, the claims went way down since the medieval times and a modern astrologer is more of a psychologist who isn't just trying to cold-read you, he outright asks about everything. Modern astrologers should not want to play Where's Waldo with you.
15-01-2014, 08:18 AM
(15-01-2014 07:51 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 04:26 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I've asked a couple of dozen people who believe in the horoscope woo to guess my sign. The odds of that happening aren't too astronomical - However, of the approximately half-dozen people willing to indulge me further they guessed my sign incorrectly 11 times in a row, leaving only my true sign as the remaining option.
It's all bullshit and they are making it up as they go along

Fixt Thumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-01-2014, 08:22 AM
(15-01-2014 08:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 07:51 AM)Luminon Wrote:  It's all bullshit and they are making it up as they go along

Fixt Thumbsup

But fricking weird as shit when they are Dead-On, Straight-Up 100% correct - huh?

Cool

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
15-01-2014, 08:23 AM
(15-01-2014 08:22 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 08:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fixt Thumbsup

But fricking weird as shit when they are Dead-On, Straight-Up 100% correct - huh?

Cool

Vague BS is still BS and this shit is designed to be as vague as possible and is still wrong way more than it is right.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-01-2014, 08:50 AM
(15-01-2014 08:23 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Vague BS is still BS and this shit is designed to be as vague as possible and is still wrong way more than it is right.
All right, so how many astrologers have you met? How much time did you spend with them? How many books about astrology have you read? What astrological software do you use?
I admit I had an unfair advantage in this, as an astrologer's son I had all that as freebies. I also admit that Americans have a big disadvantage in that it it is a den of commercial exploit and scam under supernatural pretense. But why are we even having this topic, if you have it all figured out?
15-01-2014, 08:55 AM
(15-01-2014 08:50 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 08:23 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Vague BS is still BS and this shit is designed to be as vague as possible and is still wrong way more than it is right.
All right, so how many astrologers have you met? How much time did you spend with them? How many books about astrology have you read? What astrological software do you use?
I admit I had an unfair advantage in this, as an astrologer's son I had all that as freebies. I also admit that Americans have a big disadvantage in that it it is a den of commercial exploit and scam under supernatural pretense. But why are we even having this topic, if you have it all figured out?

The table your computer is sitting on has more of an effect on you than any star pattern. There is nothing there it is like all the other pseudoscience you worship. It fails the null hypothesis.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-01-2014, 08:57 AM
(14-01-2014 07:59 PM)Luminon Wrote:  But if you're interested in the emotional nature, look for the Moon position - also look for any aspects or formations.

Or better yet, don't waste your time. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2014, 08:58 AM
(14-01-2014 08:05 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  This is like learning a foreign language.

No, it's not. Learning a foreign language is useful. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post