Horoscope

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Horoscope
(11-01-2014 06:56 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Of course I don't believe in astrology and horoscopes, but I view it as harmless fun and enjoy the confirmation biases when "recognizing" yourself in the characteristics of your sign.

On the other hand, few people snap called my sign. Something about the way I look, they say Consider

I am Taurus , and according to Astrology.com these are some of my characteristics

Taurus, the second sign of the zodiac, is all about reward. Unlike the Aries love of the game, Taurus loves the rewards of the game. Think physical pleasures and material goods, for those born under this sign revel in delicious excess. They are also a tactile lot, enjoying a tender, even sensual, touch. Taurus adores comfort and likes being surrounded by pleasing, soothing things. Along these lines, they also favor a good meal and a fine wine. The good life in all its guises, whether it's the arts or art of their own making (yes, these folks are artistic as well), is heaven on Earth to the Taurus-born.

What about you? How did the date of your birth affect your life according to this particular woo woo?

I'm also a Taurus, but I find that description laughably nothing like me. I prefer the ones that claim "slow to anger but raise holy hell if you piss them off" or "stubborn"...yeah, stubborn is pretty good

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
15-01-2014, 03:02 PM
(15-01-2014 02:56 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm also a Taurus, but I find that description laughably nothing like me. I prefer the ones that claim "slow to anger but raise holy hell if you piss them off" or "stubborn"...yeah, stubborn is pretty good

Yup, that description fits me better too.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
15-01-2014, 03:04 PM
(15-01-2014 03:02 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 02:56 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm also a Taurus, but I find that description laughably nothing like me. I prefer the ones that claim "slow to anger but raise holy hell if you piss them off" or "stubborn"...yeah, stubborn is pretty good

Yup, that description fits me better too.

Yeah, you're not alone Thumbsup

Atir aissom atir imon
15-01-2014, 05:39 PM
It's actually pretty strange that there are *so many* Tauruses contributing to this thread when, as previously stated, astrology is a dick to Tauruses. Why do the stars hate bulls? What did we ever do to them? ^_^

Seriously though, I like astrology because it's cute and quaint. I'm pretty sure nobody here takes it too seriously, we're just having fun. If astrology really 'worked' as effectively as it was supposed to, we wouldn't have the need for several sectors of society. We could just decipher the stars and call it a day. It obviously doesn't work like that.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
15-01-2014, 06:55 PM
(15-01-2014 05:39 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  It's actually pretty strange that there are *so many* Tauruses contributing to this thread when, as previously stated, astrology is a dick to Tauruses. Why do the stars hate bulls? What did we ever do to them? ^_^

Seriously though, I like astrology because it's cute and quaint. I'm pretty sure nobody here takes it too seriously, we're just having fun. If astrology really 'worked' as effectively as it was supposed to, we wouldn't have the need for several sectors of society. We could just decipher the stars and call it a day. It obviously doesn't work like that.
Tauruses are very fine people, I like them. I find them very easy-going, sometimes calm, sometimes sensual - be it my grandma who loves baking and eating, or my high school friend who loves good drinking and shagging.

So far, nobody but me talked about the actual astrology. What people here think is astrology is pseudo-astrology. I protest! It's not a tool to predict future. I should debunk this skeptical woo! Tongue

This is a horoscope. It's mine and it's a mighty fine one, I dare to say, because even Egor didn't dare to tackle it Smile All my sadnesses, obsessions, insecurities and genius laid bare, for all to see.
[Image: horoscope.jpg]
15-01-2014, 07:28 PM
(15-01-2014 05:39 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  It's actually pretty strange that there are *so many* Tauruses contributing to this thread when, as previously stated, astrology is a dick to Tauruses. Why do the stars hate bulls? What did we ever do to them? ^_^

It doesn't fucking work at all. People being fleeced by charlatans is neither cute nor quaint.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-01-2014, 07:30 PM
(15-01-2014 06:55 PM)Luminon Wrote:  

Tauruses are very fine people, I like them. I find them very easy-going, sometimes calm, sometimes sensual - be it my grandma who loves baking and eating, or my high school friend who loves good drinking and shagging.

So far, nobody but me talked about the actual astrology. What people here think is astrology is pseudo-astrology. I protest! It's not a tool to predict future. I should debunk this skeptical woo! Tongue

This is a horoscope. It's mine and it's a mighty fine one, I dare to say, because even Egor didn't dare to tackle it Smile All my sadnesses, obsessions, insecurities and genius laid bare, for all to see.
[Image: horoscope.jpg]

"laid bare, for all to see" Laugh out load You are a freakin' riot. Clap

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2014, 07:34 PM
So, true until proven false...

Rolleyes

15-01-2014, 07:47 PM
(15-01-2014 07:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  People being fleeced by charlatans is neither cute nor quaint.

Of course people who pay astrologers insane amounts of money (and make major life decisions based on those astrological readings) is sad and pathetic, but I don't think any of the skeptics *on this forum* fall into such an extreme category. I'm pretty sure most of us are just having a bit of innocent fun with each other like we do in so many other threads. To all those who accept the money and those who freely give it? Yes, fuck them all!

I'm exceedingly grateful to astrology as a concept. It is one of the practices that took me from Christianity to Kabbalah, which ultimately led to me becoming an atheist.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post