Horrible username, but newbie here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Horrible username, but newbie here
Hello everyone, I'm Ruby. My username is a bit on the 'meh' side or 'wow that's a horrible username' eh well half asleep and found this place.

Mostly joined because i live with some very conservative grandparents and parents for that matter. Which they have Bill O' Reilly playing right now and talking politics right now. So, trying to find like minded people to escape it all.

Well, a bit about myself. I've lived with them for over 18 years now, and will for another year or two because my aid for college says if I want aid I have to be with them. Then I'll have to find a job. Working to my job, it's a slow process being from a poor middle class family, but it's better then wasting away.

So, as I said lived with them for a while, came into Atheism when I was 16, once I started to question the contradictions my mom kept having me parrot. Living in a very rural southern area and seeing much prejudice to those who are not white evangelicals, and I say white as because most of the hate was from them.

Having to listen to Sean Hannity in the car to anything, about to pull out my hair. My mom saying some things that make me look very puzzled. That's just a bit of what I go through on a daily bases.

College is more open, and met some great people. But without anyone to talk to at home life I'm ready to snap. So, might get on here and blow off steam, engage in conversations, and get to know a bit more, open up to new things.

I guess that's it, that's all I got for an intro. Thanks! Smile

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
01-02-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: Horrible username, but newbie here
Welcome.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Welcome! I like your username Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
01-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Yeah! It's a nice username! Shy

Welcome to TTA Big Grin

01-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Hello! Big Grin
01-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Welcome, RC, nothing at all wrong with your username. We're glad you're here.
01-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Hello.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-02-2017, 09:18 PM
Ruby Crystal? Early lasers were based on them. Do you shoot laser beams out of your eyes when you are angry? Tongue Anyway, welcome!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
01-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Hello Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
01-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Welcome! I'm pretty new here too and can vouch for the fact that it's refreshing to get to talk to smart people and speak your mind.