Horse Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: Horse Meat
I ate horse in Bulgaria. No biggie...It was in a stew and quite yummy...of course I was rather drunk.

I also eat veal...

A friend once remarked wondering how I could. I said right there at the table at a nice restaurant in San Francisco (North Beach) that I loved baby cow in a box! My husband spit his drink across the table and just about died laughing.

Up here they let them walk around -- ruins the taste... Ba!

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-02-2013, 04:57 PM
(08-02-2013 04:55 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I have no problem with eating horse meat. Though it tends to be tough, so it's best ground.
More useful than the glue factory. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

08-02-2013, 04:59 PM
(08-02-2013 04:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I ate horse in Bulgaria.
What the... Hobo

Did they actually sell it as horse meat? I've never seen anyone offer horse meat.

Also - you've been here?!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
08-02-2013, 05:10 PM
(08-02-2013 04:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 04:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I ate horse in Bulgaria.
What the... Hobo

Did they actually sell it as horse meat? I've never seen anyone offer horse meat.

Also - you've been here?!

Yep in 1982! It was a high school thing. We did Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, before slipping into Vienna...Germany...blah blah. Luckily I brought along extra Levi's and plenty of cigarettes to trade (seriously my group loved me).

I remember in Romania I gave a waiter an American dollar bill (which was quite illegal at the time) he just about cried and said he was going to save it. eastern Europe was quite fascinating. I consider myself lucky. Not many Americans can say they've seen what I have...yanno? It was a big....no huge eye opener.

08-02-2013, 05:12 PM
THEYR TUK ERR JABS!!!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-02-2013, 05:18 PM
(08-02-2013 05:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yep in 1982! It was a high school thing. We did Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, before slipping into Vienna...Germany...blah blah. Luckily I brought along extra Levi's and plenty of cigarettes to trade (seriously my group loved me).

I remember in Romania I gave a waiter an American dollar bill (which was quite illegal at the time) he just about cried and said he was going to save it. eastern Europe was quite fascinating. I consider myself lucky. Not many Americans can say they've seen what I have...yanno? It was a big....no huge eye opener.
Would just like to point out that the place/region has changed considerably since then.

Also, ciggies and one-dollar notes won't get you far now Tongue

08-02-2013, 05:22 PM
There used to be restaurants in California that served raw horse; that was shut down in 1998.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-02-2013, 06:03 PM
(08-02-2013 05:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-02-2013 05:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yep in 1982! It was a high school thing. We did Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, before slipping into Vienna...Germany...blah blah. Luckily I brought along extra Levi's and plenty of cigarettes to trade (seriously my group loved me).

Would just like to point out that the place/region has changed considerably since then.

Also, ciggies and one-dollar notes won't get you far now Tongue

One of my biggest dreams is to reproduce that trip. But the cost and time (we were gone nearly a month) stops me. I would totally love to see that whole region again!

I remember leaving Greece and being told to exchange enough money for like almost two weeks (our meals and tours were prepaid) because we couldn't exchange any American money until we got to Vienna (I guess that was our first western Europe stop). Gotta say I loved that whole region -- it was gorgeous and the people were so nice.

08-02-2013, 06:09 PM
(08-02-2013 06:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  One of my biggest dreams is to reproduce that trip. But the cost and time (we were gone nearly a month) stops me. I would totally love to see that whole region again!

I remember leaving Greece and being told to exchange enough money for like almost two weeks (our meals and tours were prepaid) because we couldn't exchange any American money until we got to Vienna (I guess that was our first western Europe stop). Gotta say I loved that whole region -- it was gorgeous and the people were so nice.

Well, you're always welcome to come visit me Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
08-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the article, Bemore.

Alternate headline:

Shergar Found