Horus = Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
RE: Horus = Jesus?
I find that the story of Horus Vs. Jesus to be nothing more than an exercise in confirmation bias. People on both sides will find something that suits their position, and present it as an argument. I like what Egor said, it doesn't matter whether or not Horus or Jesus existed nor does it matter if their stories are the same..., in the end. (That is the only part I agree with him on, by the way). Smile

There is so much misinformation on the interwebs on both sides that an honest examination of the evidence via the net is nearly impossible, IMO.

Justin

"What religion am I? Well, I'm a practicing none of your ******* business." Ron Swanson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Justin's post
08-05-2012, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 04:03 PM by Thomas.)
(12-04-2012 04:05 PM)Egor Wrote:  My religion is very simple: A Veridican follows the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as recorded in the VGJC. That's it. My religion is the teachings of Jesus Christ. I'm like one of the first disciples. You should be, too.

Your religion is very simply made up. Sounds like all the others Dodgy
You've got to be just pulling people along with this stuff.
I get the joke and it is funny when people bite on the teaser lines you toss out there.
We all have to entertain ourselves somehow. I appreciate your humor.

(07-05-2012 12:07 PM)Justin Wrote:  I find that the story of Horus Vs. Jesus to be nothing more than an exercise in confirmation bias. People on both sides will find something that suits their position, and present it as an argument. I like what Egor said, it doesn't matter whether or not Horus or Jesus existed nor does it matter if their stories are the same..., in the end. (That is the only part I agree with him on, by the way). Smile

There is so much misinformation on the interwebs on both sides that an honest examination of the evidence via the net is nearly impossible, IMO.

Justin
There is also much misinformation in the bible.
We know that all of these religions are man-made superstitious stuff.
The christian religion is not different.
Horus or no Horus it's all still crap.
I don't need to compare the dog shit in my yard to the dog shit in my neighbor's yard to call it dog shit. It's just dog shit.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
08-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Religiulous and The God who wasn't there touch on this a bit too. The list of characters throughout history that exhibit these characteristics is astounding, and a lot of it is after the fact (George Washington never cut down a cherry tree as a child but the myth sticks with us to this day).

Is Egor still on the whole trying to call atheism a religion kick? Atheism is not a belief system, it is the rejection of one.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
09-05-2012, 09:16 AM
(12-04-2012 06:00 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Zeitgeist is a wonky movie with dubious facts.

This is a VERY VERY VERY kind way of putting it. Exclamation

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Quidsane's post