Horus vs Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Horus vs Jesus
I don't know how many of you are familiar with all the other gods that have a story quite close to jesus. One of them is Horus... I was talking with a theist friend of mine, and this is the web site that was given to me.. I'm not gonna say anything, but if you're really interested in this subject, I recommend you reading this. I am very curious of your thoughts.

http://www.pleaseconvinceme.com/index/Is...Horus_Myth

Before you see the light, you must die!
Through the fear you're sold into the fraud
It's my obsession, to treat (g)od like an infection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2012, 04:17 PM
RE: Horus vs Jesus
(27-10-2012 03:22 PM)Unreal Wrote:  I don't know how many of you are familiar with all the other gods that have a story quite close to jesus. One of them is Horus... I was talking with a theist friend of mine, and this is the web site that was given to me.. I'm not gonna say anything, but if you're really interested in this subject, I recommend you reading this. I am very curious of your thoughts.

http://www.pleaseconvinceme.com/index/Is...Horus_Myth

There are similarities. There are many sites that they say show the myth systems are actually dissimilar. The Jesus stuff is self-refuting. Whether you say it Horus, or similar in some ways to Mithra is actually irrelevant. The Jesus myth system today is internally inconsistent with it's OWN roots, and culture. Comparing it to external myth systems is interesting, but unnecessary. It stands as nonsense, all by itself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Horus was a story three thousand years in the making, so it's not surprising there's a coupla figures with the same name but different attributes. As a point of comparison, it only took the gospelers a coupla decades to spin up different versions of Jesus. Tongue

If you're into it, you might just wanna skip ahead to the Ani Papyrus, a.k.a the book of the dead; the most accessible insight into those characters (Osiris and Horus) without studying Egyptology. Otherwise you're just gonna pick up biased, slanted accounts filled with agenda.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 08:54 AM
My problem was the link that my friend sent me, obviously wrote by a christian. I'll post that later. It was something like pleaseconvinceme.com. It was telling people that the story is wrong and when I compared it to Wikipedia it was different. The theist site said that Horus' mother hovered over the penis to have a Virgin birth. Wikipedia said the horus' mother destroyed Horus' father and threw his penis into the Nile for the catfish to feed on. Which Wikipedia had back some kind of documentation to back it up.

Before you see the light, you must die!
Through the fear you're sold into the fraud
It's my obsession, to treat (g)od like an infection