Hospitalization; Medical and Psychiastric

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Hospitalization; Medical and Psychiastric
Well I guess the bubble popped. One moment things are generically stressful and life is bearable, the next moment I'm drinking too much and on my way to an six foot hole.

I recently went into the hospital last Wednesday because I was going to kill myself, started cutting again, and had violent thoughts. I was hoping to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital first but due to high blood sugar I ended staying in the medical ICU for nearly 48 hours where they diagnosed me with Type One Diabetes.

Then Friday they transfered me to the psychiatric hospital. Two days ago I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and have been prescribed two extra medications.

It's been rough but I'm finally starting to calm down. So here are some positives to the situation:

1) Created some space between my wife and I to mentally heal.
2) Allowed my wife and I to really connect during visitations better that we had in the past two months.
3) My father and I are now on speaking terms. I sayed sorry and he offered to pay for my treatment.
4) My suicidal thoughts and violent thoughts are now becoming controllable.
5) This hospitalization is putting me on the right foot to stop drinking and smoking so much.
6) My diabetes diagnosis will help me eat better and loose more weight..and hopefully live longer.
7) Next week I will be admitted to an eight week dialectic behavioral therapy program to help me with my disorder.
8) My diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder well paint a better picture of what is going on with me and allow for better treatment.

I'll be out of the hospital on Saturday. Time to focus on discharge and coping techniques.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like elconquistador's post
19-06-2014, 12:14 PM
RE: Hospitalization; Medical and Psychiastric
Good luck, man.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
19-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Glad you went to the hospital and got things taken care of. Thumbsup

Stick with what they prescribe and you'll be feeling a ton better.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Sounds like you have a great attitude! Thumbsup

Hoping the best for you.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
19-06-2014, 02:33 PM
I personally feel that asking for help, makes you stronger, rather than weaker.

It sounds like your on the right track El. Yes

I'm wishing you and your family nothing but the best.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like CindysRain's post
19-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Best of luck. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Rainbow RE: Hospitalization; Medical and Psychiastric
remember fellow atheist, life is always worth living as long as you aren't like terminally ill and in pain. Behind every black cloud, is a rainbow

Having gone through some tough times myself (buried two kids and a wife who committed suicide)I always kept life in perspective....I knew somewhere, someone was going through much worse, and who was I to feel sorry for myself. The other day I caught myself whining about my right wrist and hand aching from arthritis flaring up after an especially harsh workout...then I remembered all the young men who came back from Iraq without limbs...I bet they would give anything to have a hand to "ache".

Perspective is a powerful tool, life is a wonderful thing, shake it off, square your shoulders and take one step, then another...then another...

best of luck Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
20-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Holy crap, El - it's good they caught the Diabetes! Keep with the meds and follow all food intake instructions; that's a balancing act itself.

It's good you got an actual diagnosis and are under the proper care of a physician - continuing to work with them will speed recovery so you can continue to work on on your self, your life, and your relationships.

Take things slow and steady. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-06-2014, 04:13 PM
I have found that things are easier to deal with once they have a name put to them. Not knowing why you feel bad sucks because you don't know what to do or even if you can do anything. Glad you are getting the help you need.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Get better.

Heart

Want something? Then do something.