Hot Sauce Thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Hot Sauce Thread!
I just wanted to put a feeler out and see if there are any fellow chileheads on here? If you are into superhot peppers (1 million SHU +) or you have extended your hot sauce palate beyond the reaches of the grocery store shelf, please feel free to discuss below. My favorite hot sauces come from these great companies:

Lucky Dog
Heartbreaking Dawn's
Cajohn's
High River Sauces
Voodoo Chile

If you are looking for recommendations, hit me up. I'm like a hot sauce sommelier!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Hot Sauce Thread!
I like Formosa Habanero Hot Sauce.
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2015, 01:24 PM
(09-08-2015 01:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like Formosa Habanero Hot Sauce.

I haven't tried that one yet but it looks yummy. The use of tomatillo and chipotle sounds like it would have a great flavor profile.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
09-08-2015, 05:48 PM
(09-08-2015 12:19 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  I just wanted to put a feeler out and see if there are any fellow chileheads on here? If you are into superhot peppers (1 million SHU +) or you have extended your hot sauce palate beyond the reaches of the grocery store shelf, please feel free to discuss below. My favorite hot sauces come from these great companies:

Lucky Dog
Heartbreaking Dawn's
Cajohn's
High River Sauces
Voodoo Chile

If you are looking for recommendations, hit me up. I'm like a hot sauce sommelier!

Those look good Octapulsy. I don't think much of the novelty hot sauces likes Dave's Insanity. Those you listed look all about bringing the flavor with the heat. Drooling

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-08-2015, 07:00 PM
(09-08-2015 05:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 12:19 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  I just wanted to put a feeler out and see if there are any fellow chileheads on here? If you are into superhot peppers (1 million SHU +) or you have extended your hot sauce palate beyond the reaches of the grocery store shelf, please feel free to discuss below. My favorite hot sauces come from these great companies:

Lucky Dog
Heartbreaking Dawn's
Cajohn's
High River Sauces
Voodoo Chile

Those look good Octapulsy. I don't think much of the novelty hot sauces likes Dave's Insanity. Those you listed look all about bringing the flavor with the heat. Drooling

Dave's has to be one of my least favorite, the flavor is horrid in those (especially the extract laden ones). If you want something of comparable heat but with good flavor, check out Reaper Slingblade by Cajohn's or Chocolate Plague put out by the Puckerbutt Pepper Company. The first is a Carolina Reaper sauce with 80% chile content and the other is made with Chocolate Bhutlahs which are rumored to top 3 million SHU!

[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
09-08-2015, 09:22 PM
I like Dave's Hurtin' Habanero,

[Image: 1268-2T.jpg]

but even better is Idiot Boyz.

[Image: Idiot-Boyz-2.jpg?1432294502]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-08-2015, 04:15 AM
These are my top five ( for now):

Lucky Dog - Black Label
[Image: 01a-feature-lucky-dog-bottles.jpg]

High River Sauces - Hellacious
[Image: HellaciousFeatured.jpg]

Cajohn's - Oazacan
[Image: $_1.JPG]

Voodoo Chile - Porcus Infernum
[Image: porcus-infernum.jpg]

Heartbreaking Dawn's 1841 Apple & Pear Ghost Pepper Sauce
[Image: heartbreaking-dawns-1841-ghost-pepper-sauce-1.jpg]

All of these will start a party in your mouth. Some of them will burn that motherfucker to the ground!
GoodevilGoodevil

10-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Oh gawd strewth this thread hurts. After serious relationships with an Indian and a Korean and learning how to cook all the different Asian foods, I love chilli. Since chemo I can no longer touch it. Chemo made my mouth incredibly sensitive and now I cannot eat it. And I have the hottest hot sauce from India in my fridge. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-08-2015, 07:17 AM
(10-08-2015 06:15 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Oh gawd strewth this thread hurts. After serious relationships with an Indian and a Korean and learning how to cook all the different Asian foods, I love chilli. Since chemo I can no longer touch it. Chemo made my mouth incredibly sensitive and now I cannot eat it. And I have the hottest hot sauce from India in my fridge. Sad

Damn I am sorry to hear that Banjo. I hope that your mouth will return to normal over time. My dad is going through chemo and he told me about the stuff he can't eat like fresh fruit and vegetables, red meat . . . but is different than what you are dealing with. I hope you make that cancer your bitch!

10-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Used to be. My palate still enjoys it, but intestines don't. Thus, I may enjoy the meal, but I pay dearly for it later. I refer to the phenomena as fire in, fire out.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post