Hot Sauce Thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 07:29 AM
RE: Hot Sauce Thread!
(10-08-2015 07:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Used to be. My palate still enjoys it, but intestines don't. Thus, I may enjoy the meal, but I pay dearly for it later. I refer to the phenomena as fire in, fire out.

Burning the candle at both ends Laugh out load

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 07:31 AM
(10-08-2015 07:29 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Used to be. My palate still enjoys it, but intestines don't. Thus, I may enjoy the meal, but I pay dearly for it later. I refer to the phenomena as fire in, fire out.

Burning the candle at both ends Laugh out load

Really getting your money's worth. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-08-2015, 07:43 AM
There was this hot pot restaurant I used to like to go to in Chengdu, which was hot even by Sichuan standards. As much as I loved it, I wouldn't go if I had to work the next day. It was that debilitating, but still good enough that I'd do it anyway if I knew I had the option of sitting on the shitter in a hotel room feeling bad for myself the next day.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Ahh how I used to love hot sauce, there was a small food store in a strip mall north of me that used to have a huge collection of hot sauces. Wish I could remember the name of the store it closed down a few years ago.

I stopped eating hot sauce after basically melting off my taste buds, followed by the fire from down under like none other. I could barley sit for the rest of the day. And couldn't taste much for two weeks lol.

I may have gone a bit overboard.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Worom's post
12-08-2015, 10:36 AM
(12-08-2015 10:35 AM)Worom Wrote:  Ahh how I used to love hot sauce, there was a small food store in a strip mall north of me that used to have a huge collection of hot sauces. Wish I could remember the name of the store it closed down a few years ago.

I stopped eating hot sauce after basically melting off my taste buds, followed by the fire from down under like none other. I could barley sit for the rest of the day. And couldn't taste much for two weeks lol.

How much hot sauce were you eating? lol
12-08-2015, 11:03 AM
(12-08-2015 10:35 AM)Worom Wrote:  Ahh how I used to love hot sauce, there was a small food store in a strip mall north of me that used to have a huge collection of hot sauces. Wish I could remember the name of the store it closed down a few years ago.

Was it a Pepper Palace?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
12-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Me after eating too much spicy food.

'Murican Canadian
12-08-2015, 11:26 AM
I used to grow a lot of fruit and veg in Scotland. When I moved to Germany I only had a balcony, but I had lots of sunshine so I started growing chillies. I grew superhots as well. The only two plants I brought back with me when I moved back to Scotland were a Carolina Reaper (which isn't doing very in the Scottish weather) and a chocolate Bih Jolokia. I'm really proud of the last one. I grew three plants from the seed packet and one of them came up chocolate with a different taste. Far superior to the normal Bih Jolokia. I've only managed to get one fruit growing on my windowsill here but it's really important because I know that it hasn't been crossed with anything else.

I have bought sauce before but I make my own. It can be quite distressing making the sauce when you're choking and your lungs are being burnt up from invisible particulates in the air, but the results are worth it. I'm finally coming to the end of a half beer bottle full of chilli sauce. It's lasted 8 months (Trinidad Scorpion Butch T and Chocolate Bhut Jolokia).

I also have loads more bottles of sauce that I made from my harvest before moving back. Unfortunately I didn't blend it enough because I was aiming for a chutney and didn't know how hot it would be. Next time I will make sure to not have it too thick, blend it on full power and just have chilli and nothing else. I normally add roast garlic and onions.

My favourite chilli is the chocolate habanero but I also like the Trinidad scorpion Moruga blend. You can't beat putting a chilli into the dinner. I use the sauce for sandwiches. A cheese and ham sandwich in my house is like a vindaloo. At the moment I spread chilli sauce, marmite and peanut butter on bread for my sandwiches.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
12-08-2015, 11:32 AM
(12-08-2015 11:03 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  

Was it a Pepper Palace?

No it was a specialty cooking store, where you could get cast iron cook ware, super large restruant style cookery. And some specality foods like the salts from different areas of the world that are colorful, and have a nice taste to them. Pink salt for example. They had a big shelf full of hot sauces ranging from mild, to holy crap is this pepper spray.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
12-08-2015, 11:32 AM
(12-08-2015 10:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

How much hot sauce were you eating? lol

Way Way too much, I think I used up at least a 1/4 of a 16oz bottle on a single meal.

― Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Worom's post