House MD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2013, 09:32 AM
House MD
My wife and I haven't had cable in years and currently don't have internet at home (a problem I plan to remedy in another month or so), so most of our entertainment consists of re-watching movies and the occasional redbox rental. But we got a copy of House cheap at Big Lots probably six or seven months ago and have been steadily churning through the seasons ever since.

We are about 3 episodes into the last season, and I am disappointed so far. The show was great for the first few seasons, hit a lull in the middle, and had been picking back up. But this last season just seems so out of character in every way. It is hard to really get into it. This is compounded by the fact that Lisa Cuddy's character is gone over contract disputes with the show's producers. And they just write her out all nonchalantly and seem to try to move on. She was an integral part of the show for 7 fucking seasons and the only explanation we get is "well, she is gone." They do an awful job almost every time they have written a character out permanently or for the short-term. Like Olivia Wilde's character was written out in the seventh season so she could go make a movie and then they try to write her back in with a series of episodes that just seem odd, at best. But with Cuddy? All we get is blah blah bullshit.

Well, not everything I have to say about the show is down though. I love the first few seasons and House and Wilson are awesome characters. The cases are almost always interesting when they are the focus of the show. It really is a clever show, but it suffers at times because of writers trying to hard to bring the personal lives into it.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: House MD
(13-05-2013 09:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  My wife and I haven't had cable in years and currently don't have internet at home (a problem I plan to remedy in another month or so), so most of our entertainment consists of re-watching movies and the occasional redbox rental. But we got a copy of House cheap at Big Lots probably six or seven months ago and have been steadily churning through the seasons ever since.

We are about 3 episodes into the last season, and I am disappointed so far. The show was great for the first few seasons, hit a lull in the middle, and had been picking back up. But this last season just seems so out of character in every way. It is hard to really get into it. This is compounded by the fact that Lisa Cuddy's character is gone over contract disputes with the show's producers. And they just write her out all nonchalantly and seem to try to move on. She was an integral part of the show for 7 fucking seasons and the only explanation we get is "well, she is gone." They do an awful job almost every time they have written a character out permanently or for the short-term. Like Olivia Wilde's character was written out in the seventh season so she could go make a movie and then they try to write her back in with a series of episodes that just seem odd, at best. But with Cuddy? All we get is blah blah bullshit.

Well, not everything I have to say about the show is down though. I love the first few seasons and House and Wilson are awesome characters. The cases are almost always interesting when they are the focus of the show. It really is a clever show, but it suffers at times because of writers trying to hard to bring the personal lives into it.

This is yet another example of a show that Jumped the shark Season 7 of House was great the entire swing from the beginning to the end when he went off the deep end. By the end of that season House was a totally irrational player and it climaxed in his ultimate childish display and him running from the consequences. Season 8 tried to put the genie back in the bottle and failed miserably. I'm not gonna spoil the series finale but I thought it was insulting to everyone involved.

Sad really cause the first 7 seasons of this show were outstanding. The acting was fantastic the scripts were inteligente and the medicine was rather well researched. Then we get season 8. This is why they say always leave them wanting more because had House ended after season 7 it would not have this black mark on an otherwise outstanding legacy.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-05-2013, 09:51 AM
It is currently reminiscent of Scrubs. I made the fatal mistake of watching the last season/spin-off. Now, I just pretend it ended with what was supposed to be the series finale.

I'm going to finish the series obviously, but now it is more because I feel obligated to instead of a desire to finish it.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
13-05-2013, 06:47 PM
I own the first 4 seasons and I think that's all I'll ever need. I'm only including the 4th season because the two-part finale was incredible. You can only watch the same anti-hero self-destruct and put himself back together for so long. Actually, that's a fair description of almost every show I've watched from The Sopranos to Dexter.

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
13-05-2013, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 07:57 PM by amyb.)
Yeah, i watched the first few seasons and enjoyed them a lot, but I lost interest after that. I enjoyed the characters House and Wilson also, and some of the interactions with House's team. For me, it just got too predictable after a while, and some plot devices started to seem a bit tired to me. I enjoyed trying to guess the diagnoses before the team got it. I also don't understand why they have the doctors breaking into people's houses in every episode. I can suspend my disbelief for the wacky shit House does because he's supposed to be outrageous, but those parts still weird me out a bit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I loved the first few seasons, then it jumped the shark. I tried to stay with it, even saving it on the DVR only to erase the episodes instead of watching them and finally just gave up.

They had me hooked with the first episode, I was sad to see it go so wrong.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
13-05-2013, 08:16 PM
(13-05-2013 09:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  My wife and I haven't had cable in years and currently don't have internet at home (a problem I plan to remedy in another month or so), so most of our entertainment consists of re-watching movies and the occasional redbox rental. But we got a copy of House cheap at Big Lots probably six or seven months ago and have been steadily churning through the seasons ever since.

I liked House early on. I've stopped caring about it now, I didn't like where it went.

Personally, I think the show died from lupus.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
13-05-2013, 08:18 PM
It's never lupus.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
13-05-2013, 08:24 PM
One time it was lupus.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-05-2013, 06:30 PM
(13-05-2013 08:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  One time it was lupus.

truly a sign that the end was nigh

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
[+] 3 users Like cbb2274's post