House cleaning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: House cleaning
I'm medium messy. It's just me so not many dishes. I pop them in the dish washer and then run it twice a week. I'm not much on clutter so the kitchen and living room is reasonable if someone shows up unannounced. I never make my bed unless company is coming over. I don't care if it's made and actually it's more healthy not to make it. (Mites [every bed in the world has thousands of them, so does your body] die from dehydration when the bed is left open and unmade so it keeps the population down and less allergic issues.) I scrub the bathroom weekly as well as sweep and mop the rest of the house.

All in all it takes me about an hour to clean my house on Saturday. If I'm having a party and do a real scrub down maybe 2 hours. I do a "spring cleaning" 4 times a year and that takes a day but that also includes closet cleaning, reorganizing and getting rid of stuff I don't need.

My biggest issue is leaving the dried clothes in the dryer until later. I'm a tumble-it before you wear it person, a lot of times. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
07-02-2016, 01:37 PM
I try to look at it as an on-going demonstration of the principle of increasing entropy.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
07-02-2016, 02:06 PM
My problem is that I'm a thrower-away-of-things and my husband is a pack rat. We get along very well except for this. He has archery magazines from 15 years ago that he says he's going to read when he retires. Well, he THINKS he has those magazines. I threw them away several years ago and he's never noticed. Hardy-har-har-har. Laugh out load

So my house cleaning always runs into a wall of husband clutter. Sign.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-02-2016, 02:28 PM
(07-02-2016 02:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My problem is that I'm a thrower-away-of-things and my husband is a pack rat. We get along very well except for this. He has archery magazines from 15 years ago that he says he's going to read when he retires. Well, he THINKS he has those magazines. I threw them away several years ago and he's never noticed. Hardy-har-har-har. Laugh out load

So my house cleaning always runs into a wall of husband clutter. Sign.

When I would announce that "spring cleaning" was happening, my family would scatter like roaches when the lights came on, to hide their stuff. lol

I always had a garage sale after spring cleaning and the rule was "unless it's a tool, a kitchen item or an heirloom" and you haven't used or played with it in a year it went to the sale. Let the moaning & bargaining begin! Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
07-02-2016, 03:29 PM
I'm hardly the Stepford wife I used to be. Our house was overrun with dust and crap. It's humiliating.

Lately, I've been getting my Stepford wife groove back. My family completely appreciates it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-02-2016, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 05:39 PM by Banjo.)
In my current state I find cleaning quite hard. I do clean every cup and plate I use the moment I am finished with it. I try to keep the place safe so I can move about. For example my headphone wires are gaffa taped to the floor.

I have a carer who comes for 1 hour per week who cleans the bathroom, mops the floor etc. This week I need a vacuum as well. (It all depends on the competency of the cleaner)

I have an afternoon appointment at the hospital today so will take advantage to wash my dirty clothes. This is scary because there is a dangerous old flight of stairs. Nevertheless it must be done.

However I am careful, things end up on the floor. I can see a postal satchel, a pair of socks and three drumming books on my floor at present. Smile Oh and a hat! Must move the hat.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Cleaning?

404 Error: Page not found.

Smokin

Regards,
The Stinking Atheist.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
07-02-2016, 05:38 PM
(07-02-2016 05:08 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Cleaning?

404 Error: Page not found.

Smokin

Regards,
The Stinking Atheist.

Well you are in Canadia with Stark, right?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
07-02-2016, 05:43 PM
If I could afford someone to come in and clean I would be compelled to clean up before they got here. So, it seems kind of useless to me for regular cleaning.

However, with 24 foot ceilings, lights, windows, and ceiling fans that I can't even reach with our ladder- I wouldn't mind having someone come in to do that about once a year. My husband rigged up the world's longest extension tool for the vacuum cleaner but it's a two person job and a chore that takes a couple days.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-02-2016, 05:47 PM
(07-02-2016 05:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If I could afford someone to come in and clean I would be compelled to clean up before they got here. So, it seems kind of useless to me for regular cleaning.

However, with 24 foot ceilings, lights, windows, and ceiling fans that I can't even reach with our ladder- I wouldn't mind having someone come in to do that about once a year. My husband rigged up the world's longest extension tool for the vacuum cleaner but it's a two person job and a chore that takes a couple days.

Now you're just showing off. I live in a a hovel.

[Image: hovel.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post