House of Cantor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2011, 02:57 PM
House of Cantor
We seem to butt heads quite often. I've even had you on ignore for a period of my time here. Why is this? Is lack of tone and context through text the problem? What are your thoughts? Perhaps I'm aggresive in my positions and easily irritated.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2011, 03:13 PM
RE: House of Cantor
I am jealous. Why does Cantor get all the threads? Whatever.

You and Cantor but heads because (I think) both of you consider arguments and have chosen sides of whatever it is you're talking about. When two strong willed people meet there is bound to be some action. There is no reason to stop what you two are doing because:
(A) It provides good practice for debates.
and
(B) It amuses me greatly to watch you two fight like schoolgirls.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
09-12-2011, 03:15 PM
(09-12-2011 03:13 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I am jealous. Why does Cantor get all the threads? Whatever.

You and Cantor but heads because (I think) both of you consider arguments and have chosen sides of whatever it is you're talking about. When two strong willed people meet there is bound to be some action. There is no reason to stop what you two are doing because:
and

LOL

It is not in me to be submissive. I can be quite argumentative.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-12-2011, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 03:35 PM by houseofcantor.)
(09-12-2011 03:13 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I am jealous. Why does Cantor get all the threads? Whatever.

and

Fight like schoolgirls... Big Grin

The jealousy is showing, JT. Big Grin

But JT has it covered. It's a matter of will. I try not to take shit personally, and never had to use the ignore function. Cantor gets the threads because Cantor is full of neck would be my guess. I mean, either that or Gwyneth Paltrow is really divine. Second option works for me. Wink
(09-12-2011 02:57 PM)germanyt Wrote:  We seem to butt heads quite often. I've even had you on ignore for a period of my time here. Why is this? Is lack of tone and context through text the problem? What are your thoughts? Perhaps I'm aggresive in my positions and easily irritated.

I don't see that. We had some back and forth over "set theory," but nothing that got to the "being offensive" state. We may throw some jibes back and forth, but I see it as "good-natured insulting" rather than just being offensive because it is fun. Wink

My philosophy is, if you're not having fun, why do it? I can be serious. Most of my "incomprehensibility" derives from personal experience and perspective rather than deceit. I have found that those who have a will to impose their will are those that get defensive over their statements (is that what you're doing?); in my case I'll laugh at myself. It's just a different style; as an atheist, I don't "believe in monotheistic styling," and pure science can get boring with the quickness. Yeah, I've been there. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
(09-12-2011 02:57 PM)germanyt Wrote:  We seem to butt heads quite often. I've even had you on ignore for a period of my time here. Why is this? Is lack of tone and context through text the problem? What are your thoughts? Perhaps I'm aggresive in my positions and easily irritated.

It's because you are not yet capable of fully appreciating and enjoying what certifiably batshit insane really means. Tain't his problem, it's yours. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-12-2011, 06:57 PM
(10-12-2011 06:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

It's because you are not yet capable of fully appreciating and enjoying what certifiably batshit insane really means. Tain't his problem, it's yours. Wink

germanyt, you're trying to hard, brutha. This is all you need to know about HoC's brain:

Quote:Atheism has been more like sane every day, and putting the "set theory" to the "LC" seems to have capped the well of strange visions. Now I'm boring. There's this big table with the laptop and TV on it, and to my left is my pic of Gwynnies from Elle magazine...

[Image: Gwyneth_Paltrow_-_Elle_magazine_photosho..._20103.jpg]

Kind of simple math to me, that god seems totally redundant in a universe where I love that girl this much. Overkill, I'm telling ya!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hey, House of Cantor My proboscis sucks 4 356 11-05-2013 01:55 AM
Last Post: My proboscis sucks
  White House correspondents dinner Caveman 0 121 28-04-2013 10:24 AM
Last Post: Caveman
  Im moving house finally!!! bemore 21 533 02-04-2013 08:27 PM
Last Post: earmuffs