House of Chas hijinx at Boston Marathon?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 10:02 AM
House of Chas hijinx at Boston Marathon?
(16-04-2013 09:52 AM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 05:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  You heard wrong. There was no drill going on.

Yeah, now I know. A bit more research about that statement took me too the original twitter post (8am) by the Boston globe. They just mentioned there was controlled explosions which in context referred to disarming other artifacts.

Man, however... This shit ultra sucks. I've family in Boston.
Sad

Who the heck did this and why???

It's a fairly safe bet we will find out who and why. If not soon, eventually. I'm sure authorities are doing everything within their power.

You should also be aware that this event is surrounded by a great deal of misinformation:

3rd explosion at JFK Library didn't happen.
There were no secondary unexploded devices found.
There have been no suspects held in custody, only People Of Interest held for questioning. Not the same.

POTUS just finished his press release and clearly stated that at this time almost nothing is known about the perpetrator(s).

He also encourages anyone who was there who might have information or media (photos, video) to contact authorities ASAP.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: House of Chas hijinx at Boston Marathon?
(16-04-2013 07:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  What is the most disgusting thing about this is that they used the type explosives that will blow away limbs. And it did blow away legs and feet of marathon runners.

Obviously marathon runners are very much into running - can you imagine what it must be like for them to realize their legs/feet etc. are gone?

Just disgusting. So senseless.

Paraplegic marathon?

Drinking Beverage
16-04-2013, 10:51 AM
You are more ignorant than previously thought.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-04-2013, 10:55 AM
(16-04-2013 10:51 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You are more ignorant than previously thought.

So I wouldn't be ignorant if I was a typical junk food eating american that ignored what our troops do to people on a daily basis, while shitting my pants over the rare occasions that what we do to others gets done to us.

Rolleyes

Clean your panties and look at the big picture.
16-04-2013, 10:56 AM
(16-04-2013 10:02 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 09:52 AM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  Yeah, now I know. A bit more research about that statement took me too the original twitter post (8am) by the Boston globe. They just mentioned there was controlled explosions which in context referred to disarming other artifacts.

Man, however... This shit ultra sucks. I've family in Boston.
Sad

Who the heck did this and why???

It's a fairly safe bet we will find out who and why. If not soon, eventually. I'm sure authorities are doing everything within their power.

You should also be aware that this event is surrounded by a great deal of misinformation:

There have been no suspects held in custody, only People Of Interest held for questioning. Not the same.

POTUS just finished his press release and clearly stated that at this time almost nothing is known about the perpetrator(s).

He also encourages anyone who was there who might have information or media (photos, video) to contact authorities ASAP.

There are always mistakes made...the news comes too quickly and all it takes is ONE news cast person to say the wrong thing...

Lots of finger pointing...Lots of criticism too.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

16-04-2013, 11:03 AM
(16-04-2013 10:42 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 07:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  What is the most disgusting thing about this is that they used the type explosives that will blow away limbs. And it did blow away legs and feet of marathon runners.

Obviously marathon runners are very much into running - can you imagine what it must be like for them to realize their legs/feet etc. are gone?

Just disgusting. So senseless.

Paraplegic marathon?

Drinking Beverage

I'll make this real basic for your simple mind:
par·a·ple·gi·a (p r-pl j-, -j) n. Complete paralysis of the lower half of the body including both legs, usually caused by damage to the spinal cord.

Not the same as missing limbs you ignorant little twit.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-04-2013, 11:04 AM
(16-04-2013 10:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 10:02 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  It's a fairly safe bet we will find out who and why. If not soon, eventually. I'm sure authorities are doing everything within their power.

There are always mistakes made...the news comes too quickly and all it takes is ONE news cast person to say the wrong thing...

How do you personally make the decision on which parts of early reporting are false or true?

What if just minutes after the bombing the name and picture of the alleged bomber was on the news? Would you question it because of the speed in which the perpetrator was named?
16-04-2013, 11:18 AM
(16-04-2013 11:04 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 10:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  There are always mistakes made...the news comes too quickly and all it takes is ONE news cast person to say the wrong thing...

How do you personally make the decision on which parts of early reporting are false or true?

What if just minutes after the bombing the name and picture of the alleged bomber was on the news? Would you question it because of the speed in which the perpetrator was named?

I make the determination that nearly everything in early reporting is likely to be wrong to some degree or another. As to an alleged bomber I would want to know where such information was obtained? Did this person release a video admitting the attack?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-04-2013, 11:41 AM
(16-04-2013 11:18 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 11:04 AM)I and I Wrote:  How do you personally make the decision on which parts of early reporting are false or true?

I make the determination that nearly everything in early reporting is likely to be wrong to some degree or another. As to an alleged bomber I would want to know where such information was obtained? Did this person release a video admitting the attack?

So if nearly everything in early reporting is considered false, then at what point do you consider which reports are true or not and how do you personally come to that conclusion.

In the hypothetical secenario.... Would you be curious how the authorities came to name the person that was alleged in the attacks so soon even if it was long before any such video were to be released of the bomber admitting the attack.
16-04-2013, 12:17 PM
A few quick observations.

Whoever said way back that this was a clear terrorist move because the second explosion was intended to harm people responding to the first is wrong. The physical separation of the two bombs makes this speculation weak at best.

From what I have seen neither explosion was particularly large. The amount of explosive was apparently quite limited. If this was a terrorist attack and not some random nut job they were fairly incompetent terrorists.

Getting on the ferry one morning there was the Marin Co. sheriffs swat team nearby getting all suited up in their body armor etc. A ferry employee said they were going to practice something. Just because bomb sniffing dogs were around does not at all mean there was a known threat out there. It may have been simply training or it may have been the bomb squad doing something they felt they should.

Time will tell some things but as in all these events much will be hidden. The important thing is that the illegal and immoral response to 9-11 should not be repeated. No bogey men this time, real perpetrators.