House sitting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2011, 09:23 PM
House sitting
I dont have computer access, so Im on the phone typing the. If you see an horrible writting format. It's not my fault.

Most of you might think this is funny. I am house sitting for a friend. She is out of town for a few weeks, so she invited my wife to house sit. Why not my wife and I? Becuase she trust my wife a bit more because they are big evangelica christian. Im just the athiest/buddhist husband who can tag along.

Her family is so christian they use homeopathy and faith to heal, read the bible every day, and home school the kids in a christian way of life.

That includes creationism. Might post photos of the text books

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 09:35 PM
RE: House sitting
(16-06-2011 09:23 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Might post photos of the text books

Says the guy they didn't trust the house to who is now rifling through their stuff, sending pics to a forum to be laughed at. Perhaps they were correct in their judgement.

No but seriously, if any of the books are ridiculous, like "Adam, Eve, and their pet Dinosaurs" or "Evolution: Satan's Influence on Science" ...feel free to send em our way.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
16-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Creationist/Christian textbooks are always good for a laugh/moment off depression.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
16-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Did you have to pass through the incense barrier meant to hopefully keep you in the car?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-06-2011, 10:42 PM
(16-06-2011 09:35 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(16-06-2011 09:23 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  Might post photos of the text books

Says the guy they didn't trust the house to who is now rifling through their stuff, sending pics to a forum to be laughed at. Perhaps they were correct in their judgement.

No but seriously, if any of the books are ridiculous, like "Adam, Eve, and their pet Dinosaurs" or "Evolution: Satan's Influence on Science" ...feel free to send em our way.

She trusts me enough to be around the kids. I dont think she trust me to teach kids reality.

My phone sucks uploading photos. maybe when my wife comes back i can show you all.

Btw they use pictures stolen from Dinotopia as a way how humans and dinos live together.

Tid bits:
- Bodies of dead miners that has minerialized in the mine proves fossils dont need millions of years.
- mass graves of dinos is evidence of the great flood.
-archaeopteryx is not a missing link but an avg bird. Claims fossils of today's birds were found before archaeopteryx time, but provide no evidence for that claim. They claim god design the "bird" with an dino head because it works well like rubber tire for a wheel. Any simularity of animals is not evidence of common acestry, but common design.
-they claim ican stones that has Icans riding dinos, which is an hoax, is evidence.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
16-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I can't wait to see the textbooks! I love comic books.

Now days, kids have a hard enough time trying to figure out the truth when you can't get one line of it out of a politician, priest, or many "newsmen". ( Especially Faux News 13 )

Personally, I think that kind of schooling should be illegal as a method of Gov accepted schooling. It's nothing but falsehoods and seriously misleads the children. If they want to teach it in schools, it should be under the label of "Mythology 101".

This seems like a place to fall back on separation of church and state.

Oxymoron; "Religious Teaching"!

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
17-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Oh fun. Cannot wait to see a few of the text books. You should randomly throw in a book or two by Dawkins, Harris or Hitchens.
17-06-2011, 02:21 AM
Quote:Did you have to pass through the incense barrier meant to hopefully keep you in the car?

As long as he doesn't trigger the sprinklers with holy water, I think he'll survive.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
17-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Stay away from that weird looking contraption in the bedroom Doctor... It's the bless-o-matic... Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
17-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Indeed you must be very cautious in a fundamentalist household as they set a litany of anti-atheist thought traps. So magical that the atheist who has no interest in magic is completely oblivious to them =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post