House votes to repeal Affordable Care Act

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2017, 12:47 PM
House votes to repeal Affordable Care Act
After trying for years, the House GOP has narrowly succeeded in a vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act and continue their systematic (and surely somehow "pro-life") campaign to deny health care to America's elderly, or anyone who is not a rich white Republican male. Fortunately it still has to pass the Senate, but that seems...sadly likely.

This means that pre-existing condition protection provisions will be dead. So if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, etc. you can look forward to insurance companies being able to deny you coverage or cancel you. If you also have the following pre-existing conditions the GOP decided to add to the reasons you can be denied or canceled, this can also happen: victim of domestic abuse, victim of rape, having a c-section, or suffering from postpartum depression.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-05-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: House votes to repeal Affordable Care Act
I hope it never passes the Senate, in any form.

Then perhaps Republicans will work with Democrats to reform Obamacare.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
04-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Great; I have sleep apnea.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
04-05-2017, 01:04 PM
(04-05-2017 12:51 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I hope it never passes the Senate, in any form.

Hoping the same here. Currently only 52 Republican Senators, so the 2/3 vote would require Democrat support, now that I review the numbers. But given how pro-Trump some people there are Looking at you Joe Manchin, it scares me as someone with pre-existing conditions.

Also in other news, President Trump just signed an Executive Order allowing churches to get political and effectively bypass the Johnson Amendment.

(04-05-2017 01:04 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Great; I have sleep apnea.

Me too Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
04-05-2017, 01:11 PM
(04-05-2017 01:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 12:51 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I hope it never passes the Senate, in any form.

Hoping the same here. Currently only 52 Republican Senators, so the 2/3 vote would require Democrat support, now that I review the numbers. But given how pro-Trump some people there are Looking at you Joe Manchin, it scares me as someone with pre-existing conditions.

Also in other news, President Trump just signed an Executive Order allowing churches to get political and effectively bypass the Johnson Amendment.

(04-05-2017 01:04 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Great; I have sleep apnea.

Me too Sad

The religious liberty thread is here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...us-liberty

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-05-2017, 01:13 PM
If it does pass the senate, perhaps the insurance agencies will see after a bit that there is good reason why they are the only ones in the civilized world who try to make a profit in healthcare. If they continue to withdraw from that market, we will be forced into single provider care - the better solution all around.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-05-2017, 01:25 PM
(04-05-2017 01:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  If it does pass the senate, perhaps the insurance agencies will see after a bit that there is good reason why they are the only ones in the civilized world who try to make a profit in healthcare. If they continue to withdraw from that market, we will be forced into single provider care - the better solution all around.

That must come from the people and the majority believe that ministers need private planes to protect them from demons -- plus mansions or whatever else they feel god blessed them with. They lack the critical thinking skills completely.

The majority too easily fall for the insurance company propaganda who don't want to lose their mambee pambee jobs.

The president would have you believe that Canadians are sneaking across our border to have access to our medical.

What he fails to realize these are either cases of extreme or elective procedures they'd have to wait in line for.

Everyday Canadians aren't rushing across the border for our medical coverage but the PPP has drank from the font of insurance companies who blame Obama when it's congress that fucked the premiums.

So, things need to go back to where people have to choose if they can afford to save their child's life or parent or themselves. It's like vaccines when you have a bunch of people who have NEVER once seen the effects of polio on a person, save for maybe a limp, it's easy to dismiss it as something serious.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-05-2017, 01:29 PM
This is insane, and also why it is important for dems in every state to raise their voices every day and vote every year. We have to stop this shit.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
04-05-2017, 01:32 PM
It doesn't matter.

Health care is going to continue to be fucked up as long as the insurance companies get a share of your healthcare dollars.

You can't expect otherwise as long as somebody is making a buck at the expense of your suffering.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Great. These fools have to face the voters in less than two years. The Senate won't pass it, and the House will have to be accountable for what they did.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post