House votes to repeal Affordable Care Act

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2017, 01:58 PM
RE: House votes to repeal Affordable Care Act
I really think we need to get a law passed NOW that forces politicians to have an equivalent healthcare plan as the rest of us working slobs.

No more fucking Cadillac plan for any of them.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like ShadowProject's post
04-05-2017, 02:05 PM
(04-05-2017 01:58 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I really think we need to get a law passed NOW that forces politicians to have an equivalent healthcare plan as the rest of us working slobs.

No more fucking Cadillac plan for any of them.
Yes. I believe every member of congress plus the president and Vice President should have to purchase their health coverage privately. And that they should have to do all the shopping and paperwork themselves, not fob it off on some aide.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
04-05-2017, 02:30 PM
The American Medical Association has released a statement condemning the passage of the bill.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-05-2017, 02:59 PM
(04-05-2017 01:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great. These fools have to face the voters in less than two years. The Senate won't pass it, and the House will have to be accountable for what they did.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Except people don't get out and vote. That's why we have the idiot we do in office right now.
04-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Passed by the House, but not so easy to get past the Senate

In theory, they only need 50 votes in the Senate (because this was a fast-track bill) with vote 51 coming from VP Pence. There are 52 Republican Senators, but quite a few are not particularly enthusiastic about the bill passed in the House.

It’s possible the Senate could run into the same problem the House toiled over for almost two months. Move the bill to right, and moderates will defect. Move the bill to the center, and the measure will lose conservative votes. ... And Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) tweeted that “A bill — finalized yesterday, has not been scored, amendments not allowed, and 3 hours final debate — should be viewed with caution.”
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
04-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Yeah let's vote!
04-05-2017, 03:15 PM
(04-05-2017 03:05 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Passed by the House, but not so easy to get past the Senate

In theory, they only need 50 votes in the Senate (because this was a fast-track bill) with vote 51 coming from VP Pence. There are 52 Republican Senators, but quite a few are not particularly enthusiastic about the bill passed in the House.

It’s possible the Senate could run into the same problem the House toiled over for almost two months. Move the bill to right, and moderates will defect. Move the bill to the center, and the measure will lose conservative votes. ... And Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) tweeted that “A bill — finalized yesterday, has not been scored, amendments not allowed, and 3 hours final debate — should be viewed with caution.”

It's rare that I agree with Lindsey Graham.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
04-05-2017, 03:35 PM
(04-05-2017 02:59 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 01:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great. These fools have to face the voters in less than two years. The Senate won't pass it, and the House will have to be accountable for what they did.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Except people don't get out and vote. That's why we have the idiot we do in office right now.

They do when they're motivated and fired up.
You see the number of "demonstrations" since that idiot got into office ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-05-2017, 03:51 PM
(04-05-2017 03:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 02:59 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Except people don't get out and vote. That's why we have the idiot we do in office right now.

They do when they're motivated and fired up.
You see the number of "demonstrations" since that idiot got into office ?

They have to stay fired up for another year and a half, though. I'm not sure the American voter's attention span is that long, but I'm crossing my fingers. I'm certainly planning to vote in the mid-terms.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
04-05-2017, 03:53 PM
(04-05-2017 01:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  If it does pass the senate, perhaps the insurance agencies will see after a bit that there is good reason why they are the only ones in the civilized world who try to make a profit in healthcare.

Is that supposed to be a joke? I had to lawyer up to make my insurance pay for 250 bucks worth of property damage. The whole purpose of insurance is to cash in and whiggle out of payments. As long as there's a profit to be made it will be made. Bribing politicians to do their bidding certainly helps.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]