Houston Mall Attack

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Houston Mall Attack
Given that we have become numb to this type of news. This is just FYI.

Quote:Nine people were injured when a shooter opened fire at a southwest Houston shopping center on Monday morning, police and fire officials said.

The gunman, who was not identified, was shot and killed by police, authorities said. The man, who lived near the shooting scene, was a lawyer and there were reportedly issues between him and his law firm, interim police chief Martha Montalvo said during a news conference.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/26/as-...-says.html

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2016, 09:30 AM
RE: Houston Mall Attack
Too many rats in this cage....maybe we have reached the population level where random attacks become frequent.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-09-2016, 09:37 AM
"I'm pissed off and I've got a gun, time to show those barstards what a man really is!"

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
26-09-2016, 09:42 AM
(26-09-2016 09:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  Too many rats in this cage....maybe we have reached the population level where random attacks become frequent.

I used to read stories like this about Mogadishu. The frequency is unhealthy.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
26-09-2016, 09:46 AM
A lawyer?!

Where's BnW?!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-09-2016, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2016 10:24 AM by Gloucester.)
Not dissimilar in subject: a Brit living in America found some resrarch that said, on average, 7 minors were killed with guns - by accident and in murders - every day in the US. In many places this never even made the news broadcasts or papers. Too "ordinary".

He chose one random date and began investigating, police records and talking to the families. Took him a couple of years. Then wrote a book.

It is "Book of the Week" on BBC Radio 4 this week. Today's victim was a 9yo (IIRC) boy shot in the head by his mother's estranged partner (may have been his father, I had to do things as I listened) as he opened the front door to him.

The point that did stick was that no-one, not even the victim's family, blamed the gun culture, that was just accepted as part of everyday life.

Sorry, but that is a sickness in a society in my mind.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post