Houston mayor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2014, 07:03 AM
RE: Houston mayor
This is really a non issue being exaggerate by the very people trying to stifle the rights of others. No one is suggesting sermons be edited by the government or punished for their content.

These people filed a law suit. The city is defending itself and they are entitled to seek evidence that is relevant to the issues in question. In this case, certain instructions that may have been given during a sermon are relevant. They are not interested in any thing beyond that and this is completely fair game.

There is no first amendment issue at all and this has been wilfully distorted in my opinion.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2014, 07:24 AM
RE: Houston mayor
(30-10-2014 07:03 AM)BnW Wrote:  This is really a non issue being exaggerate by the very people trying to stifle the rights of others. No one is suggesting sermons be edited by the government or punished for their content.

These people filed a law suit. The city is defending itself and they are entitled to seek evidence that is relevant to the issues in question. In this case, certain instructions that may have been given during a sermon are relevant. They are not interested in any thing beyond that and this is completely fair game.

There is no first amendment issue at all and this has been wilfully distorted in my opinion.

Wow! Good words. Thsnks!
I did not understand the sermons were the evidence.

Again thanks.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply