How Am I Doing So Far?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 04:05 AM
RE: How Am I Doing So Far?
(20-10-2012 10:40 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 10:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Apart from being willfully ignorant about a subject and yet being arrogant enough to make extraordinary claims about it being false, threatening and insulting users on this forum, straight-out lying and last but not least putting me in a category without having any background knowledge about me whatsoever, pretty bad.

Bullshit. You want to cross me on the Bible you are fucked. Ain't no one who matters to me in a circus of miniscule objection would fucking waste my time, to suggest anything contrary to that is a monumental exercise of stupidity that rips the obvious new asshole in your paradigm.

That, sir, fellow Germanic, doesn't interest me.

Educate me on that which you said you could and skip the rest.

I have said, and I am thus obligated, to listen to you.

Don't fuck with me. I'm a dinosaur traveler of time and space and I don't grant my attention lightly.

Do what you said.

This post alone convinces me you are arrogant and ignorant, not worth paying any attention to.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-10-2012, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 08:05 AM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
David;

After your first post, I was hoping things would settle down and we would have another Theist to have a reasonable discourse with. Your other posts have left me believing otherwise. While you are better than some of the Theist on here I think that you expect us to take the authority of the Bible and people like Kent Hovind and WLC for real. This will not work here. Most of us here work on evidence based conclusions, revelation does not have the same track record of investigation, I hope we can concur on that.

If failing to believe in a character for which there is no evidence, that is based on a book written by men, translated from several languages (some of which are dead) and edited heavily makes me irrational so be it. The reason I am an Atheist is that I see no evidence for your special friend or any of the others that have supposedly held sway over us. I never have believed in a god(s), I am not rebelling against a religion I was brought up in that caused me angst.

You say you were an Atheist, I have no reason to doubt you and I have no anger towards the fact that you no longer are. I find most people here are not angry but it gets frustrating when you try to engage and get the same bible verses, threats and insanity thrown at you. I for one am not angry, I enjoy my time here and when engaging Theists in person as long as they are respectful my demeanor is cordial at the very least.

One of my favorite users on this site is a Theist (shout out to KC), while I do not understand faith, I have no problem with religious people and realize that they do have faith in something intangible. I usually get into the fight when they want to harm others, legislate their particular theological rules to others or tell people that we have to teach their version of "science" as reality.

I still hope that you'll settle in and find a groove that gets people engaged but doesn't come across as lecturing from a holy book. In any case I wish you all the best wherever life takes you.

KidC

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
21-10-2012, 07:30 AM
^^^ That!

So sayeth KC62 and all shall weep.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
21-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Lol, maybe it's too early to try to read this.

Haven't read anything previous from you and thought I'd have a look. Drinking Beverage

Quote: Ain't no one who matters to me in a circus of miniscule objection would fucking waste my time ...

What the heck does that mean?

I figured out one thing though, you are definitely wasting your time here. Lecture_preist

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
21-10-2012, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2012 09:07 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-10-2012 08:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  Lol, maybe it's too early to try to read this.

Haven't read anything previous from you and thought I'd have a look. Drinking Beverage

Quote: Ain't no one who matters to me in a circus of miniscule objection would fucking waste my time ...

What the heck does that mean?

I figured out one thing though, you are definitely wasting your time here. Lecture_preist

It means he's an arrogant bastard, who is so impressed with his himself, and his non-existent knowledge of real Biblical scholarship, he thinks we are all beneath him. He's suffering from Dunning-Kruger. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect
Very often people who have grandiose delusions are suffering from depression, or have very poor self esteem, which would fit the picture here, (he's gay, and cannot accept it).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions
[Image: page1-220px-Grandiose_delusions_cat_lion.pdf.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-10-2012, 09:29 AM
This lack of fun makes me sad. I can't even laugh at the guy. Hmmmmm...Imma watch some vids to cheer me up.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 4 users Like Xinoftruden's post
21-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm going to ignore the rest and just say that is one of my all time favorite albums ever, and that Sweet thing/candidate/ST (reprise) is among my favorite songs ever (I count those as one song).
21-10-2012, 10:57 PM
I haven't read too many of your posts, and I almost always ignore biblical arguments because I have no interest in it, but otherwise I think you have been perfectly fine. Obviously you have pissed a lot of people off, but I don't know what it is that you have done. I guess because I don't read biblical stuff. Oh, well...

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
21-10-2012, 11:25 PM
(21-10-2012 10:57 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I haven't read too many of your posts, and I almost always ignore biblical arguments because I have no interest in it, but otherwise I think you have been perfectly fine. Obviously you have pissed a lot of people off, but I don't know what it is that you have done. I guess because I don't read biblical stuff. Oh, well...

I can help with that.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid188171
22-10-2012, 07:16 AM
"Come off the shit?" What shit is that?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post