How Atheist can let Go ! of stress & problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2013, 09:44 PM
How Atheist can let Go ! of stress & problems
Religious people are able to let of all pressures, problems of life to God, they feel god will fix everything but atheist like me don't have that cushion, whom do i surrender my problems, at night i feel anxiety and sleeplessness because of my problems

I have fear and insecurity, how do a Athiest can deal with all these issues Unsure
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2013, 10:49 PM
RE: How Atheist can let Go ! of stress & problems
(16-10-2013 09:44 PM)Soldier Wrote:  Religious people are able to let of all pressures, problems of life to God, they feel god will fix everything but atheist like me don't have that cushion, whom do i surrender my problems, at night i feel anxiety and sleeplessness because of my problems

I have fear and insecurity, how do a Athiest can deal with all these issues Unsure
Hmm.. I think I smell something. Nothing definite yet. I'll have to wait.
[Image: troll_2.jpg]

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
16-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I'd suggest a journal.

16-10-2013, 11:36 PM
(16-10-2013 09:44 PM)Soldier Wrote:  Religious people are able to let of all pressures, problems of life to God, they feel god will fix everything but atheist like me don't have that cushion, whom do i surrender my problems, at night i feel anxiety and sleeplessness because of my problems

By taking control !

Religious people feel that way because they feel that *God will look after them*, like a big Daddy in the sky.

But big Daddy isn't *really* there. So really, they're just comforting themselves with a thought that "Oh my life has problems, but I don't have to care, because Daddy knows what's best".

Honestly I have no idea how people can live like that.

Really, what you want to do is realize that yes, your life has problems, but *it's up to you to solve them*. And *they can be solved* (usually, unless it's terminal disease or something like that).

The second half of the solution (according to me) is *living in the moment*. Don't worry about stuff you can't change right now. If you worry about it... it won't change the fact that you can't change it, but it will make you miserable.

Obviously
a. this is a broad generalization. Let the buyer beware.
b. no one really masters this stuff, we achieve varying degrees of transcendence.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-10-2013, 11:41 PM
A massage with a happy ending? Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-10-2013, 01:41 AM
(16-10-2013 11:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  no one really masters this stuff, we achieve varying degrees of transcendence.

Speak for yourself. I am my own master. Dodgy

17-10-2013, 04:51 PM

Can you see a therapist or psychologist? I find that when stress has been overwhelming (the last three years have been just crazy for me) talking to a professional was a tremendous help. Finding the right therapist that fits your personality is the hardest part.

When I was at my darkest and most stressed I tried Yoga Nidra (on my I pod) which was particularly good for stress. It's being used for PTSD in returning soldiers. The thing with this type of yoga is that you just lay there. There are no pretzel positions.

http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/2814

It isn't a religious practice though some people can incorporate their beliefs in it.

Listen to this recording on youtube and I promise you, I promise you, you will feel better. The speaker has a beautiful speaking voice.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Play violent video games.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-10-2013, 05:59 AM
First post and smells of troll bait.

If genuine it sounds like you have depression, do what Atheists do best , sponge information , learning about new things can be intoxicating. Try things you would not normally do (within reason), Getting medication without changing your lifestyle is like dieting without exercise.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
19-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Try to relax and listen to some relaxing music.

Then next day you are freshened up to work or study again, i hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXQdMRi63E