How Atheist forums changed my views on Abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: How Atheist forums changed my views on Abortion
Well, If these atheist forums can get you to change your mind about something like abortion. Then that means you are not too far off from me being able to corrupt your immortal soul and get you to join the herd.

watch mlp wicked clown....join the herd, join the herd, join the herd!

Become one with the satan pony!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2014, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2014 02:38 PM by Wicked Clown.)
this post shouldn't exist. Please delete it! Gratias!
30-07-2014, 12:31 AM
maybe someday I'll experience what it's like to be a born-again atheist!
30-07-2014, 12:33 AM
(29-07-2014 10:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 08:48 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If the Church had their way your friend would have been left to die or would have had her fallopian tube removed thus making her infertile.

One fallopian tube was removed but the other was intact. A few years later she had a baby but she was scared shitless throughout the pregnancy that something would go wrong.

Another good friend of mine had preeclampsia which was discovered fairly early in her pregnancy. Her only option was serious complications leading to possible death or an abortion so she chose to have an abortion. When she went to the clinic to have the abortion all these pro life protesters yelled and screamed at her that she was going to hell and how evil she was. A nun was standing there shoving a photo of a dead fetus in her face. Poor girl, she was beside herself with hate for those assholes. And this was a baby that she wanted and she and her husband were looking forward to parenthood. They never could conceive any children after that pregnancy and she never got over the gauntlet of protesters she encountered that day.
that almost sounds too depressing and ridiculous to be true! Sad
30-07-2014, 09:55 AM
My pro choice stance is mainly because the pro life one doesn't seem tenable and I haven't seen a suitable replacement. This is especially true of the whole life-begins-at-conception crap. It's an attempt to make the argument secular, but it falls apart on scrutiny. Also, I've never heard a pro-lifer tell me what they'd actually do for enforcement if they magically just got their way. Their position is only enforceable with the most draconian of rules, and it likely only serves to tell poor women that they can't have abortions. I'm sure an influx of unwanted babies in poor households would have no ill effect on anything.

I'd love it if people never felt the reason to have an abortion, but I don't see making them illegal as doing anything to solve anyone's problems.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
30-07-2014, 02:25 PM
I just wanted to make a side comment on people talking about anemia and pregnancy. The mother can become anemic in more ways than just bleeding out during birth. If your baby is not getting enough of something (like iron) from moms diet/prenatals it will take what it needs directly from moms body, causing anemia (as well as other things)
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
30-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Becoming an atheist strengthened my pro-life, not anti-abortion position. It is kind of a goofy stance but it is what I feel.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
30-07-2014, 02:35 PM
(30-07-2014 02:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just wanted to make a side comment on people talking about anemia and pregnancy. The mother can become anemic in more ways than just bleeding out during birth. If your baby is not getting enough of something (like iron) from moms diet/prenatals it will take what it needs directly from moms body, causing anemia (as well as other things)

Wish I could give you a positive rating hobbit girl. Unfortunately I don't have that privilege yet. But I'll hook you up when I have that luxury Smile

Quote:Becoming an atheist strengthened my pro-life, not anti-abortion position. It is kind of a goofy stance but it is what I feel.

You too because that is THE most Unusual and interesting thing I have ever heard an atheist say on the topic of abortion.

Quote:I'd love it if people never felt the reason to have an abortion, but I don't see making them illegal as doing anything to solve anyone's problems.

Hey, why not that to? I dig it!
12-08-2014, 08:01 AM
(29-07-2014 06:22 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 04:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I had an abortion 23 years ago and never had one ounce of "emotional problems, depression, guilt, regret, and sometimes suicidal tendancies and PTSD". I've known about 10 or so women over the years who have also had abortions and never had any of these problems either.

Sometime back I read a study that looked at the after effects of abortion on women and the experience was similar to mine. They found that most women went on with their lives without much psychological problems, if any, and were quite happy. It pissed off a bunch of religious nuts but, oh well, what are ya gonna do.
Ahhhh, but....
If you had since converted to Catholicism they might have instilled into you incredible guilt from having committed such a grave sin.
Then, you would be experiencing "emotional problems, depression, guilt, regret, and sometimes suicidal tendancies and PTSD".

So maybe the problem is Catholicism. Maybe that is what needs to be outlawed in order to save women from these issues?

Catholic guilt follows me around and like herpes keeps resurfacing. Has anyone else here gone from being an extreme Catholic to having no more guilt or Catholic Fear.