How Catholic is your U.S. State (slideshow)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2012, 10:17 PM
How Catholic is your U.S. State (slideshow)
So, I honestly did not realize how many people are Catholic. Up until five years ago (to the best of my knowledge) I had never even met a Catholic, which is why I am so ignorant about their beliefs. Since joining the forum, I see there are a lot more than I ever imagined. Please forgive my ignorance, I have been learning bits and pieces from former Catholics, though I am still pretty ignorant. Out of curiosity I looked up just how Catholic America is, and I must say I was pretty shocked. This also explained why I was so ignorant about Catholicism. Tennessee comes in dead last in the amount of Catholics at about 3.5%. It is no wonder, that in a rural area of that state I never learned about it.

If you are curious, the slideshow showing the numbers are in the middle of the page on the link provided below.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/24...de=1202084

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: How Catholic is your U.S. State (slideshow)
Catholics are much more common in Canada making up about 43% while in the states there are only about 25%. Of course being catholic I am very familiar with Catholics so maybe I'm cheating a little.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
01-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Re: How Catholic is your U.S. State (slideshow)
I'm curious now. Income Illinois which has a great duo split in population.. Chicago area in the rest. The cornfields probably have less catholics but Chicago is so heavily Irish Italian Catholic is be shocked to be out of the too ten... I guess I'll see

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-11-2012, 02:56 PM
I am surprised Iowa was so low on that list. The area where I grew up was easily 90% Catholic and the town I lived in closer to 97%.

We didn't even have a public school in town and neither did several of the small towns around though they all had at least Catholic elementary schools that fed into Catholic high schools.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-11-2012, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 06:51 PM by Dark Light.)
I am thinking Tennessee's Catholic population are probably concentrated in Memphis in the west, and Nashville in the middle, I am in the east. To date I have only seen one priest (I'm assuming, white collar) and three nuns in east East-Tennessee. That is after spending about 21 years here. I do know there is at least one Catholic Church in a nearby city though.

01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
85% of Ireland is Catholic.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
01-11-2012, 06:50 PM
(01-11-2012 05:40 PM)Magoo Wrote:  85% of Ireland is Catholic.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

lol Magoo