Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2015, 10:59 AM
How Christians Think They Can Convert Atheists… According to WikiHow
Some of you may have already seen this.

Wikihows guide to converting Atheists

Apparently
"Treating this like a debate of facts will get you nowhere with a nonbeliever."

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: How Christians Think They Can Convert Atheists… According to WikiHow
yep

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...an-atheist

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
16-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Your right no can convert you. I don't believe in a God or a Energy force because of what someone else states or because the Bible says so. I believe there is a God or energy force because of the many spiritual experiences I've had. Knowing someone was going to die before they died when they didn't have any problems. Or knowing where someone killed himself before anyone told me. These are the dark ones but I have many more but these aren't as important as knowing where that energy that keeps your body alive is going. Energy can't be nor destroyed so it stands to reason that it doesn't have a beginning nor ending. There is a reason why you don't remember.
16-04-2015, 09:22 PM
(16-04-2015 08:51 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  Your right no can convert you. I don't believe in a God or a Energy force because of what someone else states or because the Bible says so. I believe there is a God or energy force because of the many spiritual experiences I've had. Knowing someone was going to die before they died when they didn't have any problems. Or knowing where someone killed himself before anyone told me. These are the dark ones but I have many more but these aren't as important as knowing where that energy that keeps your body alive is going. Energy can't be nor destroyed so it stands to reason that it doesn't have a beginning nor ending. There is a reason why you don't remember.

[Image: lEQ6YL0.gif&zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
17-04-2015, 12:44 AM
I once had this "spiritual" feeling that a guy I knew was gonna die before anybody else was aware of it.

The court is calling it premeditated murder.
[+] 9 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
17-04-2015, 04:10 AM
The difference with this one is I liked Jonny. Nick name air born Jonny. He was a vet like me. Long story short. I gave him the message that was given to me to give to Jonny. If he didn't stop using drugs he was going to die. Johnny been using for over 30 years. I called one day to see how he was doing. His room mate told me Jonny stopped using drugs for three months then started again. Jonny regurgitated in his sleep and died.
17-04-2015, 05:43 AM
(17-04-2015 04:10 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  ... Wrote sad, personal stuff...

Hug

Sorry for your loss, even if they were just a casual acquaintance.
17-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Thanks
17-04-2015, 06:23 AM
(17-04-2015 04:10 AM)jballadarez Wrote:  The difference with this one is I liked Jonny. Nick name air born Jonny. He was a vet like me. Long story short. I gave him the message that was given to me to give to Jonny. If he didn't stop using drugs he was going to die. Johnny been using for over 30 years. I called one day to see how he was doing. His room mate told me Jonny stopped using drugs for three months then started again. Jonny regurgitated in his sleep and died.

I'm sorry about Jonny but if I knew somebody who used drugs for 30 years I''d probably have a feeling that they were going to die as well. It wouldn't take a supernatural entity to come to that conclusion.

We pick up many clues from our environment that we don't consciously notice. They may seem to be spiritually inspired but are often more directly explainable. I'm just in the middle of re-reading "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman and I recommend that, especially the sections on priming and related effects.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
17-04-2015, 07:04 AM
You have a good point and should be considered. Because of my schizophrenia to be able to pick up clues consciously or subconsciously as far as reality is concerned is distorted. When I was stationed at Fort Detrick Md my girlfriends parents invited me over for dinner. As I went upstairs to use the restroom, I sensed something evil. I thought to myself am I still afraid of the dark, because the house was kept dark. When I walked into the restroom the evil presence was even more stronger. I didn't say anything to anyone because I didn't want them to think I was crazy. Few months later my girlfriend and I were in the forest talking about everything. She said someone died in the house. I interrupted her and asked don't tell me but was it in the restroom. She said yes.