How DO you whistleblow?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2013, 03:39 PM
How DO you whistleblow?
So lets say you work for the government and you come across information that you feel should be known to the public (like war crimes committed by your country, illegal activities, crimes against freedom and humanity)

How do you actually whistleblow? I ask how as there has been recent incidents (im thinking Snowden and Manning) that have divided people opinions over.

Would you, as a member of the public prefer to know these secret goings on or would you prefer to live in ignorance?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: How DO you whistleblow?
Leak the information anonymously to a news network that I support.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Manning tried to leak his information. No one wanted to touch it.

Find independent media to help you get the information out.

Be prepared for character assassination. Be on the lookout for real assassination.

Michael Hastings Dead
[+] 1 user Likes Regular_Joe's post
31-07-2013, 03:49 PM
(31-07-2013 03:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Leak the information anonymously to a news network that I support.

According to wikipedia manning held anonymity but a computer hacker revealed his identity to the FBI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Manning

I can appreciate your wishes to stay anonymous and to take steps to protect yourself but if a countries intelligence agency, or pressure about laws put upon the news agency, how guaranteed could you assure of your anonymity?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
31-07-2013, 03:51 PM
I'd give em the old CRON job...

I'd set up a system whereby if I did not enter a passcode at regular intervals on numerous websites the information would be anonymously emailed to every press outlet I could find. I would attempt to run these sites on a number of different servers in a number of different countries and be careful to use different anonymous/public means to access them/pay for them to limit the chances of them all being discovered...

Once the system was in place and secure I would then attempt to go thought official channels and if they try to murder me, lock me up or deny me my rights in any way....Uhh ohh, wrong move you fascist pigs! This is a tool out of Julian Assange's box and it is one of the reasons they have such a hard time dealing with him.

Quote:Would you, as a member of the public prefer to know these secret goings on or would you prefer to live in ignorance?

Without an informed public democracy is a joke. It's not even a matter of preference it is a matter of duty and obligation.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
31-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Step 1 seek an attorney that has experience protecting whistleblowers and can give you legal advice on how to proceed.
http://www.employmentlawgroup.net/LP/Whi...4Aod3k4AGw

Step 2 Make sure you are not in violation of any laws as referred by your attorney.

Step 3: Do as much to remain Anonymous as possible.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-07-2013, 03:54 PM
(31-07-2013 03:39 PM)bemore Wrote:  So lets say you work for the government and you come across information that you feel should be known to the public (like war crimes committed by your country, illegal activities, crimes against freedom and humanity)

How do you actually whistleblow? I ask how as there has been recent incidents (im thinking Snowden and Manning) that have divided people opinions over.

Would you, as a member of the public prefer to know these secret goings on or would you prefer to live in ignorance?

Snowden should have approached a Republican senator and had them do it on the Senate floor.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-07-2013, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 09:09 AM by Logica Humano.)
(31-07-2013 03:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  According to wikipedia manning held anonymity but a computer hacker revealed his identity to the FBI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Manning

I can appreciate your wishes to stay anonymous and to take steps to protect yourself but if a countries intelligence agency, or pressure about laws put upon the news agency, how guaranteed could you assure of your anonymity?

It is not about protecting myself. It is about diverting the media's attention away from my identity and to the information I leaked. That is why Snowden's leak was so unsuccessful. I would also not use any computer that was tied to me personally.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-07-2013, 11:16 PM
(31-07-2013 03:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 03:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Leak the information anonymously to a news network that I support.

According to wikipedia manning held anonymity but a computer hacker revealed his identity to the FBI.

Well...if Manning had "Anonymity, then how did his identity get revealed?

Why don't you read a bit about what really happened instead of embracing the first Non Sequiter?
31-07-2013, 11:35 PM
I'd give it to wikileaks or 4chan...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post