How DO you whistleblow?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2013, 08:07 AM
RE: How DO you whistleblow?
(31-07-2013 03:39 PM)bemore Wrote:  So lets say you work for the government and you come across information that you feel should be known to the public (like war crimes committed by your country, illegal activities, crimes against freedom and humanity)

How do you actually whistleblow? I ask how as there has been recent incidents (im thinking Snowden and Manning) that have divided people opinions over.

I probably wouldn't do any thing.

It doesn't really get you to any kind of tipping point, so there is really no need to leak information. Most of the time the political elites just flip it around against each other: Republicans blaming it on the Democrats and vice versa.

(31-07-2013 03:39 PM)bemore Wrote:  Would you, as a member of the public prefer to know these secret goings on or would you prefer to live in ignorance?

If I were happy with the system, ignorance. Otherwise, I'd prefer information.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 09:01 AM
(31-07-2013 03:39 PM)bemore Wrote:  So lets say you work for the government and you come across information that you feel should be known to the public (like war crimes committed by your country, illegal activities, crimes against freedom and humanity)

How do you actually whistleblow? I ask how as there has been recent incidents (im thinking Snowden and Manning) that have divided people opinions over.

Would you, as a member of the public prefer to know these secret goings on or would you prefer to live in ignorance?

well,if you may take cameras inside,make snapshots of whatever should be revealed,or try taking the file on an encrypted stick.
Now,if you took pictures,you should put that info in a document. Now,go to a lousy internet cafe that has no cameras,then spread it on the net(esp. Newssites,wikileaks,anonymous,ect)

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
01-08-2013, 11:49 AM
(31-07-2013 11:16 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 03:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  According to wikipedia manning held anonymity but a computer hacker revealed his identity to the FBI.

Well...if Manning had "Anonymity, then how did his identity get revealed?

Why don't you read a bit about what really happened instead of embracing the first Non Sequiter?

Care to elaborate?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
01-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't care enough to leak shit or read leaked shit.

So the government killed a few people, I don't care.
So the government is making illegal phone taps on people of interest, I really don't give a flying rat's ass hooting fuck.

And nor does anyone else. They just like to pretend they care.
I mean like, look at the uproar, is the uproar an uproar because some schmuck from Iraq had his phone lines tapped?
Fuck no, people don't give a shit about some Iraqi douche. The uproar is about the government maybe doing something that they think effects them personally.
And it doesn't, thus why the fuck does everyone give a shit? Who cares!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
(01-08-2013 05:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So the government is making illegal phone taps on people of interest, I really don't give a flying rat's ass hooting fuck.

Well, concerning the NSA, they haven't done any illegal phone taps.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
(01-08-2013 05:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 05:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So the government is making illegal phone taps on people of interest, I really don't give a flying rat's ass hooting fuck.

Well, concerning the NSA, they haven't done any illegal phone taps.

I know, I'm just throwing it out there as a random example of something people would have a fucking cry over.

01-08-2013, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 05:40 PM by fstratzero.)
Here I'll tell you guys how to whistleblow.

Step one.

Drive around and find somebody else's wireless connection, or use a public wireless service.

Step two.

Use a throw away laptop to upload the information.

Step three.

Upload the information, destroy the laptop, and never say anything to any one about it.

NOTE: remember not to login to anything personal on the disposable laptop. Preferably using a fresh install of windows/linux/osx, with only the information you want to upload.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
01-08-2013, 05:37 PM
The question assumes you care, if you don't want to leak the info then the question is moot... ಠ_ಠ

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
01-08-2013, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 06:06 PM by fstratzero.)
Yeah unfortunately leaking information has to be done with extreme paranoia due to the ruling of Bradley Manning.

Personally I would recommend using a motels internet service, since they frequent travelers it should make finding out who uploaded what a bit harder to deal with.

Also checking out things like freenet, tor, or i2p to make the origin of the upload even harder to pinpoint.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
03-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Muff's guide to whistle blowing:

Step 1:

Place whistle between lips and hold it in between your lips with your lips.

Step 2:

Blow.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post