How Desperate Are Creationists To Satisfy Their Superiority Complex?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2013, 12:20 AM
How Desperate Are Creationists To Satisfy Their Superiority Complex?
As I come across more and more ridiculous threads made by creationists on here, I can only think to myself "How desperate are these people to prove to themselves that they are superior to atheists?" I guess the sad part is that they actually think that they are being very cunning by posting these threads, such as the "Research Project" thread by PleaseJesus, or the recent "How do you atheists feel about cannibalism?" thread. They actually create these threads saying to themselves "ERMAHGERD! This is totally going to throw those atheists for a loop! They'll be running to Jesus in no time!"

I have pretty much reached a point with these threads where I'm simply starting to feel sorry for these creationists. They are so desperate to convince themselves that they are morally superior to atheists that they will grasp at any straw that they can to justify it to themselves, no matter how ridiculous or illogical it may be. I admit, I have always found these threads laughably amusing, but the attempts are just turning downright pathetic now.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: How Desperate Are Creationists To Satisfy Their Superiority Complex?
They have a lot of pride, "knowing" that they are always right even when shown they clearly aren't. Oh well, not exactly thier fault. Indoctrination runs very deep and this simulation of god they are running just isn't compatible for the modern world. Over 2000 years out of date, need an upgrade or just scrap it entirely. Many other theists are totally fine and admit that they could be wrong and willing to actually learn.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
28-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Compassion4Life did not actually post the #3 post. I had written something not knowing that he had logged in on our computer. We've been trying to delete it but it's not working.

28-12-2013, 12:58 AM
(28-12-2013 12:25 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  They have a lot of pride, "knowing" that they are always right even when shown they clearly aren't. Oh well, not exactly thier fault. Indoctrination runs very deep and this simulation of god they are running just isn't compatible for the modern world. Over 2000 years out of date, need an upgrade or just scrap it entirely. Many other theists are totally fine and admit that they could be wrong and willing to actually learn.

Yes, I know that the trolling theists on here do not represent all theists. I just find the attempts by the trolling theists on here to be getting downright sad.

28-12-2013, 12:58 AM
It`s what fanatisim is. No matter from where it comes from and where it is, it is always the same everywhere.

Still, I prefer having the fanatics here who constantly insist verbaly that they are always right, rather than those who blow themselves up in crowded places or use violence to intimidate people that disagree with them.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
28-12-2013, 01:00 AM
It's going to be okay. Relax.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-12-2013, 07:39 AM
(28-12-2013 12:55 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Compassion4Life did not actually post the #3 post. I had written something not knowing that he had logged in on our computer. We've been trying to delete it but it's not working.

You need to be a Mod or higher to delete posts (it is so dishonest debaters don't go back and remove posts so they can then claim they never made them) in the future if you want a post of yours deleted flag it with the report post button (the little flag) and when asked why explain it there.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-12-2013, 10:37 AM
(28-12-2013 12:20 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  As I come across more and more ridiculous threads made by creationists on here, I can only think to myself "How desperate are these people to prove to themselves that they are superior to atheists?" I guess the sad part is that they actually think that they are being very cunning by posting these threads, such as the "Research Project" thread by PleaseJesus, or the recent "How do you atheists feel about cannibalism?" thread. They actually create these threads saying to themselves "ERMAHGERD! This is totally going to throw those atheists for a loop! They'll be running to Jesus in no time!"

This stems from what atheism represents to them. To them, atheism is an act of rebellion, rejecting God. It is also a threat, as secularism is rising in the educated parts of the world, and is eroding their way of life.

What you are seeing is a harsh, revanchist reaction to a perceived threat.
28-12-2013, 12:28 PM
They may have some form of an inferiority complex. Or they're just frustrated by the fact that they strongly believe something to be true, and there's an entire population of people who think it's bullshit. It's natural. As someone with mostly liberal political views, I want to shake the face of every conservative in congress and call them morons. I strongly believe certain things, and I can't even fathom how other people don't agree with me on those certain things.

Religious beliefs are no different in this manner.

“The only reason people do not know much is because they do not care to know. They are incurious. Incuriousity is the oddest and most foolish failing there is.” -Stephen Fry
29-12-2013, 02:06 AM
The thing to remember is that there's one hell of an observation bias at work here. The desperate creationists are the noisy ones, and that's why we notice them and not the non-desperate ones.

You know what really makes me pissed at Christian apologists (especially the fundamentalist young-Earth Creationist types)? It isn't their bad arguments, or their blatant straw-manning, or their utter disregard for reasoning, or their assumption of their conclusion, or any of that. All of that bugs the hell out of me, sure, but what really pisses me off is their total incompetence. I don't believe, I'm not a debater, I'm not an arguer, I didn't go to their divinity schools, I haven't read the Bible, and I could STILL present a better Christian-young-Earth apologetic than they can! (Just ask, I'll go total Poe.) Intellectual dishonesty is completely wasted on those who don't know how to capitalize on it. I mean, these are our opponents? It's as laughable as an Olympic wrestler under real wrestling rules being scheduled for a match with someone from the WWE. It's practically an insult!

(Yes, I know, it's probably a good thing that they're incompetent, and the intellectual dishonesty of their movement undermines the education and reasoning process of the movement and thus will keep producing a greater degree of incompetence as successive generations go by, but still. YEESH.)
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post