How Did You Come to Sign Up to the Forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2013, 11:29 AM
How Did You Come to Sign Up to the Forum?
(13-07-2013 11:27 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 11:24 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  That fucker is clearly delusional.

Just replace Morgan Freeman with Gywneth Paltrow and it will all make sense. Tongue

Unlike Cheap, I do not get a boner from Morgan Freeman.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: How Did You Come to Sign Up to the Forum?
(13-07-2013 10:43 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 06:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  I found TTA on FB, went to the site, saw the forum, signed up.

It's been down hill ever since.Dodgy

Just to tell you, there's no rock bottom.

WeepingWeepingWeepingWeepingWeepingWeeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-07-2013, 11:41 AM
(13-07-2013 11:29 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 11:27 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just replace Morgan Freeman with Gywneth Paltrow and it will all make sense. Tongue

Unlike Cheap, I do not get a boner from Morgan Freeman.

Not surprising, as it is reported that you don't get any boners. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Two years ago, during my sophomore year of high school, I was taking an online Spanish class with a few of my friends. Online Spanish gets really boring sometimes, so one of my friends decided to browse online for an interesting forum. We found this place, which was perfect; it had a welcoming and broad expanse of topics. So me and said friends registered. Ironically, the friend who found the forum was the friend that got my first account banned.

I hate that fucker. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
13-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I was never indoctrinated in any religion and wasn't particularly into anti-theisim but three years ago my, then, 15 year old daughter started dating a boy who's parents were religious to the extreme. For the first time in my life I had to deal with these total nut cases. The boy was rebelling against the parents who were so far religiously right it was unbelievable. I was slack jawed. (I'm not sure if that's the phrase to use) One thing led to another and I found TTA as a place to find some peace in my life. It worked.

My daughter finally broke up with the boy after three years of craziness. He has been, unfortunately, mentally and emotionally scarred for life by his uber-religious parents. It's very sad.

But, hey, I'm happy to stay here with bright, intelligent open minded folks even though I have stumbled a couple of times by posting some nudity. Yeah, I really was a bad girl and promise to never do that again.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
13-07-2013, 01:24 PM
(13-07-2013 11:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 11:03 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Saw a forum existed. Came here. It was boring as shit. Met Bruce. Bruce made me stay, ain't that right Bruce?

Who is this fucker Bruce to decide that he would make you stay?

You do know what a "Bruce" is right?

[Image: 9f6.gif]
13-07-2013, 01:25 PM
My father died in Dec 2012. While planning his funeral arrangements my siblings and I all agreed that he was most definitely atheist but never really attached himself to any label. I know my older brother considers himself atheist, one brother has gone Catholic like his wife. My parents never really discussed religion in our home. I grew up with no label. I checked out church for awhile with my husband-wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything important. And kids come along and you naturally want to raise them in a 'good' environment. So I checked things out for awhile. But it never really stuck for me.

After Dad's death I started exploring the term 'atheist' more...I thought I knew what it meant...no belief....but then started running into all the other terms....humanist, free thinker. So I explored more. About the same time I got an iPhone and started listening to podcasts- I came across Seth's. I enjoy hearing his voice, I like his easy going style. I like that he sees both sides of an issue. And it seemed to me that each of the podcasts were hitting at the right time with the questions I had. I found him on Facebook. I started searching the web for more to listen to, but I prefer Seth's style the best. Argumentative people just give me a headache. I have no desire to listen to it. I bought his book. I started thinking about my mothers death a few years ago, my cats passed away, a couple friends, all within a few years time. I came to realize that I knew all along that 'heaven' doesn't really exist-but its nice to imagine, comforting in some way. So when it all hit home, I couldn't really discuss on facebook. I needed to talk to people with the same view, but they weren't on facebook and I couldn't really discuss it privately there because of that damn ticker. And I also noticed that there are people on my friends list who WATCH that ticker and my every move. I live in NC, my inlaws are full of bible pushers, my childrens friends, their parents, and teachers are all on my list and it would be social suicide for me and my children to 'come out'.

I'm here because I thought it would be similar to the atmosphere of the podcast. I'm here because I wanted to be able to talk to like minded people- because I can't IRL.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-07-2013, 01:27 PM
(13-07-2013 01:24 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 11:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Who is this fucker Bruce to decide that he would make you stay?

You do know what a "Bruce" is right?

He does, dude's got a card and everything, but he knows him as "Billy" or "Blunt". Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Well, it first started in 1997 when the family got the internet. I think it getting an email address and knowing how to operate a computer...

Back then you really needed patience to get the internet up and running. Nowadays... well. Those kids are clicketty clacking away at their keyboards faster than I can think. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
13-07-2013, 02:37 PM
(13-07-2013 01:25 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I came to realize that I knew all along that 'heaven' doesn't really exist-but its nice to imagine, comforting in some way. .... I'm here because I thought it would be similar to the atmosphere of the podcast. I'm here because I wanted to be able to talk to like minded people- because I can't IRL.

Howdy howdy ho Archer, I'm Bob. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post