How Do I Respond to This?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2017, 09:09 AM
RE: How Do I Respond to This?
So sorry that your wife outed you before you were ready. Lots of great posts here.

May I add that the first thing to do would be to get your marriage straightened out, and of course yourself.

Worry about the atheist thing later. The nice thing about being an atheist is that it is not something that anybody else needs to know. You know who you are. You can go through all the rituals and never lose your sense of self as an atheist.

Best of luck.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
06-09-2017, 09:59 PM
(23-08-2017 05:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Decide for YOURSELF. You are in charge of you.
If you don't want to discuss the matter with them, tell them you are an adult, the subject is off-limits and you expect them all to respect your wishes in the matter.
Subject closed. Period. The end.

I agree, but would be even stronger about it. The subject is not up for discussion. If you want a relationship with me, drop it. Period.
07-09-2017, 02:47 AM
In short, you don't really need to respond. You not a different person, despite if they think otherwise, and as long as you not in their faces about your atheism, then who cares?

If they keep going on about it just say "you have your thing, I have mine" and leave it at that.

Quote:Son of an owl!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
07-09-2017, 05:57 AM
I wouldn't engage.
I'd tell her that you are glad that her beliefs work for her but that your path is different.
Either that or dress up like Satan and take a selfie. I find a bit of humor defuses any situation.

[Image: satan-happy.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]