How Do You Go About Relationships?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2017, 12:38 PM
How Do You Go About Relationships?
For those of us who are dating or are thinking about getting serious. What kind fo relationship do you have? Meaning, how do you do things?

A friend of mine asked me this about my dates, as never once have I cried when I was broken up with. As most girls in my school cried, even if they weren't into the guy in the first place.

My answer was my relationships are pretty easy going. My rules are, "You're old enough to make your own choices. I'm old enough to make my own choices. So don't expect me to be your keeper or be your mom. I shouldn't have to be on top of you, and you shouldn't have to be on top of me."

I say that with me personally, I don't expect to be controlled nor will I be the one controlling it. If said person I'm dating wants to go out and have fun with friends, I'd trust them enough not to do something stupid. If they get hammered and come back with no problems, alright then. If they come back with a ticket or give me shit or hurt then there's a problem.

I have my boundaries yes, and they have theirs so respect is the key. People are people, I'm not going for one of those 'oh so perfect' family or dating things. No one is perfect, but I've noticed strict relationships, while they work, one isn't happy all the time, my grandparents are one of theses. My mom controls everything, and my dad hasn't got much room to argue with her.

I here girls talk about what they'd so if their date or boyfriend/girlfriend cheated. I said I'd just say 'Really? Thought you were better than this." or if they cheated and still wants me I'd say, "Fine, but I get to have a second too besides you."

Most say I have what is called a 'relaxed relationship'. Should a break up happen, I don't get too emotional and just move on. I'm not looking for long term commitment either.

What about you?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: How Do You Go About Relationships?
(17-08-2017 12:38 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  For those of us who are dating or are thinking about getting serious. What kind fo relationship do you have? Meaning, how do you do things?

A friend of mine asked me this about my dates, as never once have I cried when I was broken up with. As most girls in my school cried, even if they weren't into the guy in the first place.

My answer was my relationships are pretty easy going. My rules are, "You're old enough to make your own choices. I'm old enough to make my own choices. So don't expect me to be your keeper or be your mom. I shouldn't have to be on top of you, and you shouldn't have to be on top of me."

I say that with me personally, I don't expect to be controlled nor will I be the one controlling it. If said person I'm dating wants to go out and have fun with friends, I'd trust them enough not to do something stupid. If they get hammered and come back with no problems, alright then. If they come back with a ticket or give me shit or hurt then there's a problem.

I have my boundaries yes, and they have theirs so respect is the key. People are people, I'm not going for one of those 'oh so perfect' family or dating things. No one is perfect, but I've noticed strict relationships, while they work, one isn't happy all the time, my grandparents are one of theses. My mom controls everything, and my dad hasn't got much room to argue with her.

I here girls talk about what they'd so if their date or boyfriend/girlfriend cheated. I said I'd just say 'Really? Thought you were better than this." or if they cheated and still wants me I'd say, "Fine, but I get to have a second too besides you."

Most say I have what is called a 'relaxed relationship'. Should a break up happen, I don't get too emotional and just move on. I'm not looking for long term commitment either.

What about you?

ATM, a waste of time. I'm not a nice enough person to care for somebody romantically; maybe I once was, maybe I will at some point. But not right now. Will distract from work and getting as good as this:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
17-08-2017, 05:04 PM
I do not partake in romantic relationships. I've more important things to do.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Cash up-front.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
17-08-2017, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2017 08:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Best advice I ever got was get involved with things you are interested in. Meet people with similar goals. Friendships are formed by people working together on similar goals, not looking at each other. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-08-2017, 07:46 AM
i have a few rules:
first the partner is equal
second i honer my partner freedom and trust him/her
third more travelling together
23-08-2017, 08:22 AM
It depends what stage of your life you're at. Early on, I never looked for commitment. Nowadays I do. It's just too fucken hard to go through all the work of getting to know someone and investing your time, to be cool with it all ending and having to start that whole song and dance routine all over again with someone else. Obviously at the initial stages I want to not invest too much, in case it is a wrong choice, but once the relationship is established I absolutely don't want some half-arsed thing...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-08-2017, 10:26 AM
(17-08-2017 08:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Best advice I ever got was get involved with things you are interested in. Meet people with similar goals. Friendships are formed by people working together on similar goals, not looking at each other. Angel

That sounds about right. Explore your interests, meet people, and spend time with them doing activities you like. Don't press it because you may find yourself committed to someone you don't know well enough. Just relax, enjoy yourself, and see if anything develops. If not, try try again. Anyone worth finding will take a while to find.

This is hard-won advice, by the way. I should have avoided my first marriage altogether.

Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-08-2017, 05:01 AM
(17-08-2017 08:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Best advice I ever got was get involved with things you are interested in. Meet people with similar goals. Friendships are formed by people working together on similar goals, not looking at each other. Angel

See this can work, and at other times not.

My very first proper serious girlfriend was a big pro wrestling, collected wrestling figures (Like I still do), was big into Limp Bizkit (My all time favorite band at the time....can you tell this was in the 2000's?) and was also a generic huge geek like me. Although despite all of this, she was just a bad person in herself, and it didn't work our.

Obviously morals/thought process' are important as well, but I started dating her on the premise of "she likes the things I like". Where as with my wife, she pretty much detests all the things I like, and she's likes many things that I really don't like either. BUT as a person, she is very much like me, and we're both willing to learn about new things as well, so even though I don't really like movies/bands that she likes (and vice versa) we're both still willing to go with the other one, and have a good time doing so.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
24-08-2017, 06:50 AM
(17-08-2017 07:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Cash up-front.

Drinking Beverage

I did that to once. Sorta.

Years back I got a nice ( low) 5 figure check, and deposited it in my credit union account.

By the end of the week, I got a call from this lady I had known for years. My ex and I had been good friends with this lady and the guy she later divorced.

Her and I had gone out to a few movies together once we were both single, but did not get romantic.

She asked if I'd like to go see a movie, and we went.. After the movie she asked why we had never " hooked up", and of course one thing led to another. And another......

So this went on for a few weeks.

In the meantime, I had some problems with this insurance company trying to sue me, so rather than let them go after my credit union account, I emptied the account in cash and locked it in my gun safe. ( a burglar would pissed himself if he'd made that score).

I never mentioned the money situation with this lady. But once at her apartment, I did notice her checkbook, and noted she was a member of the same credit union.

A couple days after I emptied the account, I tried calling her. She didn't return my calls. I tried getting in touch with her several times to no avail....

Yup.

Turns out she had a loose lipped friend who was a teller at the credit union.

Oh well...

I got some...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.