How "God" Works book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: How "God" Works book
(10-02-2015 09:32 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  *hone my apologetics and make them much sharper for witnessing to more open people groups than those at TTA

If you're trying to hone them, why did you say this:
(09-02-2015 11:05 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You mean like where the Bible says detractors will deliberately obscure what the Bible says?

It's not a good argument, so why use it?

(10-02-2015 09:32 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  *have fun

Or was that you having fun?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
10-02-2015, 12:44 PM
(10-02-2015 09:32 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 06:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Step 1: Say some objectively false statements.

Step 2: Claim that in the future, people will not agree with the above statements.

Step 3: When people disagree in the future, claim that it is proof your objectively false statements are true.

Confirmation bias feels good, doesn't it, Q? What you're feeling is dopamine, not the Holy Spirit, but you won't understand that until you're willing to let go of circular thinking and presupposition.

*hone my apologetics and make them much sharper for witnessing to more open people groups than those at TTA

So you want to learn how to lie and BS people better.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

You could just watch videos from your progenitors.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
11-02-2015, 03:33 PM
(10-02-2015 11:46 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:32 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  *hone my apologetics and make them much sharper for witnessing to more open people groups than those at TTA

If you're trying to hone them, why did you say this:
(09-02-2015 11:05 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You mean like where the Bible says detractors will deliberately obscure what the Bible says?

It's not a good argument, so why use it?

(10-02-2015 09:32 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  *have fun

Or was that you having fun?

Huh? That's what the Bible says--the Bible also says that numerous false teachers will come in the name of Jesus. Groups that use the name of Jesus and/or claim that their leader is personally Jesus or the Christ include the Moonies, Hale Bopp cult, Jim Jones, Hare Krishna Consciousness, etc.

What you're doing here is asking if I'm making a good argument when someone says the Bible says X but it really says Y and I remind you what the Bible says? That's likely the only argument I can make, to demonstrate where a quotation or reference has fallen off...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user