How I Became the Better Person

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2017, 10:15 AM
How I Became the Better Person
Used to be as a religious person I was suppose to be the 'Better Person' in the name of the Lord.

However, I wasn't with the Lord, I was because I knew I didn't need stories to tell me being mean to others was wrong. When most of the stories claimed it was okay to do a lot of things to your kids and the people you conquered.

When I shed the stigma of 'Religion Means Good'. I realized the truth. People who hated because the Bible or their holy book claims they could. Ideals I grew up with came to light, and I realized the hypocrisy that was religion.

I became the better person by being human, I went from the angry atheist to the person I am now. I'm still angry with how religions gets away with a lot of things now. But, I don't judge on what you believe or how you believe it. Treat me like a person, and I'll do the same.

By letting go of my religion, I stopped being another mindless drone and gained some color.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
19-05-2017, 10:21 AM
RE: How I Became the Better Person
(19-05-2017 10:15 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  When I shed the stigma of 'Religion Means Good'. I realized the truth. People who hated because the Bible or their holy book claims they could. Ideals I grew up with came to light, and I realized the hypocrisy that was religion.

Similarly, I was a worse person when I was trying to improve myself through spiritual studies than I would have been without them. Ironic and sad.

Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
19-05-2017, 12:08 PM
@Ruby Crystal

You became better person by being human? How exactly this worked?

As for judging - I judge bigots for being bigots, same with fools or authoritarian idiots. Why shouldn't I judge them?

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-05-2017, 01:40 PM
You left The False Atheism, and became The Better Person.

Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.