How I Read Tarot Cards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 08:45 AM
RE: How I Read Tarot Cards
Well, the video is clear and well made. You look and sound like a professional. The tarot deck looks quite kitchy, though. A more minimalistic or rustic deck might fit better with your dress.

I will refrain from commenting on the actual practice, but you're at least not charging any money it seems.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Othmar's post
03-01-2014, 09:57 AM
(02-01-2014 11:51 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  It's because Gordon sounds like Tom Hanks if you close your eyes.

I get that a lot. I get that from Walmart cashiers and family members and people at work. Confused

Quote:PS, I love the ol' switcheroo you did once the cards were dealt. Was it a feeling or a voice in your head? Tongue

I refuse to be a slave to tradition when it comes to Tarot. In astrology, it's not even psychic, everything is what it is. But in tarot, it's different, the cards create the psychic story in the mind of the reader. There is no right or wrong way to do tarot. It's all about getting the psychic story.

The Divine gives the cards through fate or cause and effect, or whatever the first cause was at the beginning of the universe. Those cards were going to be dealt at that time and they correspond to the question. But they are symbols, just like in a dream.

The order of the cards is part of the interpretation of that symbol. If one can't arrange the cards, then one is not a psychic. A computer can be used to produce a reading if we treat tarot like astrology.

Quote:I always enjoy your vids GJ.

Thanks. I appreciate that. Hug

(03-01-2014 03:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'd be calling "charlatan" and "con-man" if it wasn't a free service.

Thumbsup

(03-01-2014 03:20 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I liked that you were wearing a vest and button up shirt instead of projecting an air of mystery with robes and weird trappings. Hot! But yeah, as others have mentioned, we are not your target audience. Sharing this here is not going to help your site much.

Thanks for the wardrobe approval. Heart

But you would be amazed who my "target" audience is. You probably think you know how people behave and what they believe. But psychics deal with people who are in the closet--spiritually speaking.

Besides, I like hanging out in this forum. I may not attract a forum member, but I can see how a successful forum works and what they do to make it work. Also, dealing with atheists helps me stay a little more scientific in my thinking and not fly off into ...Neptune-type thinking. That is my trademark. I am a psychic, but I have a reason for believing what I do. I have a reason for everything I do. That's what working with atheists does for me. So, it helps me to be here.

(03-01-2014 08:45 AM)Othmar Wrote:  Well, the video is clear and well made. You look and sound like a professional. The tarot deck looks quite kitchy, though. A more minimalistic or rustic deck might fit better with your dress.

I actually have several different decks ranging from the very rustic to the downright racey. I don't feel bound to anyone in particular, but I do find the deck I presented is, right now, the one that shows me the psychic story the best.

Quote:I will refrain from commenting on the actual practice, but you're at least not charging any money it seems.

Actually, in my opinion, while I support those who do charge, I personally believe the market is broken for that sort of thing in the information age. Otherwise I would be charging, especially for tarot and astrological readings. I don't know I would charge for medium readings, and I don't.

Thanks for watching and commenting. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Was this reading your way of coming on to the customer?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
03-01-2014, 10:40 AM
(03-01-2014 10:36 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Was this reading your way of coming on to the customer?

Uh, no. In fact, a romantic relationship with a client almost ensures you won't be able to read for them. I really don't like reading even for family members. It's very hard to stay objective. It's like interpreting your own dreams: they will always end up meaning what you want them to mean. Drinking Beverage
03-01-2014, 10:47 AM
I think your new forum will do better than your previous one Gordon and you will get more youtube subscribers doing Tarot readings. You do make professional style videos.

Not my cup of tea but nevertheless I wish you all the best with it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
03-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Egor? Is that you?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
03-01-2014, 11:24 AM
You keep saying 10 candles and I keep seeing 12. What's up with that?
03-01-2014, 11:44 AM
OK, it must be said.

Why the fuck would we care how you read Tarot cards? Huh

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-01-2014, 11:53 AM
(03-01-2014 10:40 AM)Gordon Wrote:  It's like interpreting your own dreams: they will always end up meaning what you want them to mean.

I never thought I'd actually type this, but, QFTT. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-01-2014, 12:28 PM
(03-01-2014 11:07 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Egor? Is that you?

Lol, yes it is, keep up Carlos. Tongue

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post