How I Read Tarot Cards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: How I Read Tarot Cards
(03-01-2014 07:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 07:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Don't be absurd. Drinking Beverage

I read entrails. You can pick whose entrails you want read.
I am trained in this. I went to the Thychic Theminary.
Really I did.

Theriouthly? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
03-01-2014, 07:48 PM
I need to think of a good question... Consider

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2014, 02:21 AM
(03-01-2014 07:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Don't worry about me, Ed. I have plenty of fun without believing in woo-woo.

No way. No Without woo in life, there is no fun. There's nothing but feeling annoyed, disgusted, and pissed off. Woo infuses almost every aspect of our lives. It is, in fact, the entire basis of hope.

In my ever humble opinion. Cool
04-01-2014, 03:29 AM
Invest in some scientific knowledge. It replaces woo real good and is actually true, to boot.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-01-2014, 05:29 AM
(04-01-2014 02:21 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 07:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Don't worry about me, Ed. I have plenty of fun without believing in woo-woo.

No way. No Without woo in life, there is no fun. There's nothing but feeling annoyed, disgusted, and pissed off. Woo infuses almost every aspect of our lives. It is, in fact, the entire basis of hope.

In my ever humble opinion. Cool

Nope; Without unnecessary woo, I find life is far more interesting, perhaps not fun in and of itself but the study if it is certainly more-so by way of learning the mechanisms by which things work, as opposed to simply saying that Sarda the Wizard Who Did It was responsible as he wouldn't be the Wizard Who Did It if he didn't Did It.

Also, I disagree on the whole hope thing; one can have hope without woo. I can hope that I pass my ecology tests at the end of this year, not because a shaman slaughtered a goat and read it's entrails, but because I am very familiar with the material and thus my 'hope' is quite reasonable and not baseless. Hope is defined as the desire for a particular outcome in a given situation after all and does not necessitate woo as a driving force or base.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-01-2014, 10:52 AM
(04-01-2014 05:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hope is defined as the desire for a particular outcome in a given situation after all and does not necessitate woo as a driving force or base.

Hoping that the future holds a certain outcome for you automatically starts the process of woo in your mind.

In fact, if you think about it, if we are all just dust-to-dust, if we're all just matter with accidental consciousness that evaporates at death, passing that ecology test or failing it is the same exact thing--it's just the next thing that happens. Drinking Beverage
04-01-2014, 11:33 AM
(04-01-2014 10:52 AM)Gordon Wrote:  In fact, if you think about it, if we are all just dust-to-dust, if we're all just matter with accidental consciousness that evaporates at death, passing that ecology test or failing it is the same exact thing--it's just the next thing that happens. Drinking Beverage

"Passing that ecology test" means we have to get off our asses and *do* something productive to get the A.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
04-01-2014, 11:59 AM
READING TAROT CARDS:

I actually have a few tarot decks and find them very interesting and useful as cues for psychological insight & creativity whether personal or using with others.

Obviously there is nothing psychic or supernatural about them.

However using them as a trigger for associations, personality archetypes, creative insight for stories or poems or reflection into emotional,intellectual or psychological insights & awareness can be very useful.

Also useful for cold reading - take any card and a person will easily find something in their life to associate with the meaning of that card - especially the 22Arcana cards.

If the Tarot Deck is used as a psychological insight association system - there is nothing woo woo about it. The cards are just really useful diagrams and themes which anyone can relate to about key aspects of life. Does not have to be religious or supernatural at all. Some decks are actually really beautiful.

Also useful for inspiring dreams of various sorts - again the Tarot deck is an incredible launch pad for making associations for key life events (death, birth, relationships, loss, gain etc)
05-01-2014, 06:50 AM
(03-01-2014 07:14 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You should give me your birth details (time, place, date).
If Chas doesn't want to do it, then I'll bite. Smile

I'll send you my birth details via PM.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]