How I Suggest You Debate Creationist part 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Bug How I Suggest You Debate Creationist part 2
That's right there is going to be more info about how to debate these scientifically illiterate people. This time the debate won't be in person it will instead be on the computer. Thanks to the internet we have science papers at our grasp. We have sources every where. The computer is the best area to debate these people especially when typing. However like face to face confrontation it is not going to be an easy task. You have to know your sources and make sure that they're not misrepresented or contradict what you just said. The steps for type debating are like this

First step is of course find your sources, and sources to back up those sources. Lets take for example when a creationist says there is no beneficial mutation. The first thing is to find your source. In the scenario I will use evolutionary algorithms. Evolutionary algorithms is a computer program that starts with a something and without interfering use the process of natural selection to build new models.(1) Of course the creationist isn't just going to take it that easily. They will respond with "it's a computer program, it is programmed to do that and this doesn't and wouldn't apply to real life." This is when having another source on you will help. The best thing is to show that computer programs are used for many things that help in real life. For example computer programs are used for architecture as well.(2) Computer programs are given real life applications based on what it works with. The computer programs for architecture work with our experience with buildings as evolutionary algorithms work with natural selection.

Second step is to read the sources creationist give. Some creationist will give sources in an attempt to prove their point. Many times creationist will not read your sources but you should always read theirs. When you do read their
source show them what in their source is wrong. Show them how their source is wrong. This will hopefully make the creationist fell some guilt for lying.

Third, address there points and give sources for each claim you make. Don't just call them stupid, because calling them stupid makes them fell smarter then you. Also when you give sources for every point it will show that your not making things up just so you can win.

Fourth is to make them address your points. When ever said creationist types "your source is flawed," ask really which point. Keep pressuring them to do this until you can tell that they either never read it or they're really trying to ignore it so that they can wallow in their own ignorance.

Last is to learn about your creationist. This really should be the first step but please work with meBlush. Online you can look at the creationist profile. For example if you look on the profile of the creationist and he is a conspiracy theorist, make sure that your sources are about how peer reviewed aren't biased towards anything and that scientist won't lie for money, example that creationist tend to make more money then scientist. If he is a person who thinks that the bible is where your supposed to start, get ready to show how the bible is wrong on many points in science. Always know your enemy. If you do that then you'll breeze through every crazy point they make. Also to add, tell them to put up or shut up as well, every time I do that I get no reply.

When going into a type debate with creationist always remember that you have the home advantage. The internet is where religions come to die, and when you do these debates it's time to show why. When doing face to face the creationist can lie all he/she wants, however when typing you can show the folly of their position with sources. All the sources you want. When you can show the evidence on your side and that theirs is a lie I grantee that they'll try to forget the discussion so that they can keep their beliefs of ignorance. Sometimes however,or maybe many times they'll learn the folly of creationism, learn that those Christian's (or Muslims depending) have been lying to keep their beliefs, and you might have just made a brand new atheist.Smartass I know that happened to me.

1.http://www.cs.vu.nl/~gusz/ecbook/Eiben-Smith-Intro2EC-Ch2.pdf

2.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-aided_architectural_design

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 09:06 PM
RE: How I Suggest You Debate Creationist part 2
oooh ohhh Let me go next. See if you can work your atheist/misotheist mojo on me. I posted what I thought on Creationism and evolution let see if you can apply your two part evolution argument on me! Smile
03-02-2014, 09:20 PM
(03-02-2014 09:06 PM)Drich Wrote:  oooh ohhh Let me go next. See if you can work your atheist/misotheist mojo on me. I posted what I thought on Creationism and evolution let see if you can apply your two part evolution argument on me! Smile

Tomorrow I have to get to bed i have school in the morning.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
03-02-2014, 10:09 PM
If I Philip seamore hoffman to night I might still go to heaven Sad

You could have lost/saved a soul..
04-02-2014, 01:40 AM
(03-02-2014 10:09 PM)Drich Wrote:  If I Philip seamore hoffman to night I might still go to heaven Sad

You could have lost/saved a soul..

You're not worth saving. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]