How I became an Atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-04-2016, 12:18 AM
How I became an Atheist.

Not exactly how I became an Atheist but when I realized I was.

This is taken from a Facebook post of mine, it includes within it, the above.

I never believed in anything ridiculous, and in fact the first moment in which I started to know that in a general sense, religion is bullshit is when I was doing a science project in grade 4 when I was in a Catholic school (not run by nuns but publicly funded and the teachers were all Catholics), and I said "Humans are animals", then the teacher immediately chimed in and said "Well, kind of". I have researched many scientific sources and they all said humans were animals.
That is the first memory I have of encountering the big difference between science and evidence based beliefs, and faith-based malarkey.
No matter what you believe, the facts simply favour Atheism.
I obviously refer to myself as a Satanist (because I am), an Atheist (because I am), but I will now also add the term Anti-Theist to how I describe myself, because I have seen first hand what damage theism can do, to education, to society, to health, to freedom, and to basic human rights, and let's not forget a core western value - freedom of speech.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Twiggy's post
29-04-2016, 09:01 AM
RE: How I became an Atheist.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
29-04-2016, 02:09 PM
So what did the teacher think humans were?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-04-2016, 05:00 PM
(29-04-2016 12:18 AM)Twiggy Wrote:  I obviously refer to myself as a Satanist (because I am), an Atheist (because I am), but I will now also add the term Anti-Theist to how I describe myself, because I have seen first hand what damage theism can do, to education, to society, to health, to freedom, and to basic human rights, and let's not forget a core western value - freedom of speech.

I've found that the terms "heretic", "infidel", "heathen" and "pagan" all work well for me and are apt.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post