How I believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 11:54 PM
How I believe in God
I believe that the universe came from nothingness. Nothingness is the magic behind the universe. Nothingness is what makes us conscious. You condense nothingness so tight, it will become self aware. That's how God was formed. She is the highest consciousness that exists. She came from nothing naturally. Us coming from nothing means we have a untainted experience. I believe the nothingness was random at first. With time, God came from the randomness of pure nothingness. She learned perfection, and that's how the human experience came to be.

So when I die, I will go to heaven. Life is heaven anyways. It's beyond amazing what's in heaven. So pretty much the universe is perfect.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2017, 01:18 AM
RE: How I believe in God
Cool story, bro.

Needs more dragons.

I believe that ...

In The Beginning

In the beginning was the ... Equilibrium.

Harmony was everywhere and nowhere. Matter played with anti-matter cancelling themselves out and gods played with anti-gods in the same non-physical pre-physics kinda way.

Then an improbable, post-human descendant of earmuffs the powerful™ travelled back in time and farted.

Yes, that's right, you heard it here first ... the universe was created by the gaseous disturbance emitted from the bowels of a temporally-challenged descendant of Muffs The Almighty!

In an infinitely small container (the proto-universe) the vibrations caused by the fart created an interference pattern as the infinitely small fart particles (farticles) reverberated ... bumping, binding, bounding and rebounding against each other. But in a boundless and boundaryless container the farticles stretched and stretched and stretched like strings ... rippling strings that grew into waves ... and like ripples on a pond or the waves of the ocean, the peaks and troughs multiplied and overlapped ... creating the space-time fabric as we know it and the laws of physics were born.

F=MA

Farticle = Muffs the Almighty!

The forces of the universe had been created and the forces were:
earmuffs Wrote:weak

Welcome to TTA.

Thumbsup

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
06-04-2017, 01:21 AM
[Image: 4998767176_f87d6f9b49.jpg]

TL;DR - Evidence or GTFO

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-04-2017, 01:55 AM
Okay, why do you believe any of that? How would you tell the difference between a reality that came about in the way you describe, and one which has always "just been"? My position is that I have absolutely no clue how the universe came to be in its current state, as there is no way of testing any particular hypothesis. Why guess?

If I pretend that the universe was created for us, I consider it to be about the lamest attempt possible. I can imagine incredibly superior places I would rather inhabit without even breaking a sweat. Can't you?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2017, 05:00 AM
(06-04-2017 01:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Cool story, bro.

Needs more dragons.

I believe that ...

In The Beginning

In the beginning was the ... Equilibrium.

Harmony was everywhere and nowhere. Matter played with anti-matter cancelling themselves out and gods played with anti-gods in the same non-physical pre-physics kinda way.

Then an improbable, post-human descendant of earmuffs the powerful™ travelled back in time and farted.

Yes, that's right, you heard it here first ... the universe was created by the gaseous disturbance emitted from the bowels of a temporally-challenged descendant of Muffs The Almighty!

In an infinitely small container (the proto-universe) the vibrations caused by the fart created an interference pattern as the infinitely small fart particles (farticles) reverberated ... bumping, binding, bounding and rebounding against each other. But in a boundless and boundaryless container the farticles stretched and stretched and stretched like strings ... rippling strings that grew into waves ... and like ripples on a pond or the waves of the ocean, the peaks and troughs multiplied and overlapped ... creating the space-time fabric as we know it and the laws of physics were born.

F=MA

Farticle = Muffs the Almighty!

The forces of the universe had been created and the forces were:
earmuffs Wrote:weak

Welcome to TTA.

Thumbsup

I read your story three times and still didn't find any more dragons than in the OP's story. Not even garage dragons.

I haz disappoint.
[+] 9 users Like julep's post
06-04-2017, 05:13 AM
(06-04-2017 05:00 AM)julep Wrote:  ...
I read your story three times and still didn't find any more dragons than in the OP's story. Not even garage dragons.

I haz disappoint.

REPENT! Unbeliever!

Hath thy not heard of Muff the Magic Dragon?

Hobo

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
06-04-2017, 05:22 AM
(05-04-2017 11:54 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe that the universe came from nothingness. Nothingness is the magic behind the universe. Nothingness is what makes us conscious. You condense nothingness so tight, it will become self aware. That's how God was formed. She is the highest consciousness that exists. She came from nothing naturally. Us coming from nothing means we have a untainted experience. I believe the nothingness was random at first. With time, God came from the randomness of pure nothingness. She learned perfection, and that's how the human experience came to be.

So when I die, I will go to heaven. Life is heaven anyways. It's beyond amazing what's in heaven. So pretty much the universe is perfect.

Are you saying that the universe came from nothing, and so did "god"....but also so did we? So Evolution = yep, but there is also a god for some reason?

I'm not sure I see the point of a god existing if we also came into being without one. Does a god forming on its own, mean it automatically has dominion over us?

Also: how do you know what heaven is like? IF, (it isn't), but IF it was real, for all you know it could look a Holiday Inn, with really bad wallpaper/decor.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
06-04-2017, 05:25 AM
(05-04-2017 11:54 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe that the universe came from nothingness. Nothingness is the magic behind the universe. Nothingness is what makes us conscious. You condense nothingness so tight, it will become self aware. That's how God was formed. She is the highest consciousness that exists. She came from nothing naturally. Us coming from nothing means we have a untainted experience. I believe the nothingness was random at first. With time, God came from the randomness of pure nothingness. She learned perfection, and that's how the human experience came to be.

What's 0 multiplied by 0? 0

So if nothing is multiplied by nothing, you get nothing. Drinking Beverage

How is nothingness compressed? What is the mechanism and force behind this compressed nothingness? How does compressed nothingness compare to uncompressed nothingness?

Why would this thing be a "she"? Does it need to reproduce sexually? What does it reproduce with if it's compressed nothingness? Does it need a penis/vagina, egg/sperm? Rolleyes

At first you say this alleged deity was from a condensed nothingness, which is meaningless. Then you say a consciousness organized itself out of nothingness by learning "perfection". Which is it?

Define "perfection." Rolleyes

Define "pure". Rolleyes

If "something" came out of "nothingness" then "nothingness" wasn't exactly pure or perfect was it? Rolleyes

[Image: 8605-200.png]

And last but not least- do you have any evidence for any of this goofy stuff?

Your "personal revelation" is not evidence. Rolleyes

Your feelings are not evidence. Rolleyes

Evidence would consist of something that is measurable, repeatable and falsifiable.

[Image: 7toTb0T.png]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 6 users Like TheInquisition's post
06-04-2017, 05:30 AM
(06-04-2017 05:25 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  If "something" came out of "nothingness" then "nothingness" wasn't exactly pure or perfect was it? Rolleyes
In fact, my understanding of the formation of the Universe is that it IS imperfect, which is how some atoms came to cling together and so forth, ultimately explaining why everything deteriorates over time also.

So for a God to exist and be "perfect" in a seemingly totally imperfect universe, is strange to say the least.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
06-04-2017, 05:37 AM
(06-04-2017 05:30 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 05:25 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  If "something" came out of "nothingness" then "nothingness" wasn't exactly pure or perfect was it? Rolleyes
In fact, my understanding of the formation of the Universe is that it IS imperfect, which is how some atoms came to cling together and so forth, ultimately explaining why everything deteriorates over time also.

So for a God to exist and be "perfect" in a seemingly totally imperfect universe, is strange to say the least.

Let's hear what Hawking has to say on the subject:

"One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn't exist.....Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist."

"The universe doesn't allow perfection."

I'll give the OP this, though - nothingness does appear to be what's making them conscious. Or at least a skull-contained vacuum Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post