How I believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2017, 06:24 AM
RE: How I believe in God
(05-04-2017 11:54 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe that the universe came from nothingness.

I believe I'll have another beer. I have evidence of beer.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
06-04-2017, 06:25 AM
(06-04-2017 06:24 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 11:54 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe that the universe came from nothingness.

I believe I'll have another beer. I have evidence of beer.

Amen brother! Hallelujah!

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-04-2017, 06:48 AM
(05-04-2017 11:54 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe that the universe came from nothingness. Nothingness is the magic behind the universe. Nothingness is what makes us conscious. You condense nothingness so tight, it will become self aware. That's how God was formed. She is the highest consciousness that exists. She came from nothing naturally. Us coming from nothing means we have a untainted experience. I believe the nothingness was random at first. With time, God came from the randomness of pure nothingness. She learned perfection, and that's how the human experience came to be.

So when I die, I will go to heaven. Life is heaven anyways. It's beyond amazing what's in heaven. So pretty much the universe is perfect.

So you're a theist. Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your beliefs.

.... But why did you share them? Particularly, why did you share them on an atheist forum? Did you want to discuss something specific? Did you hope to persuade people to your way of thinking? Did you want us to poke holes through your theology?
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
06-04-2017, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 08:04 AM by GirlyMan.)
(05-04-2017 11:54 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe that the universe came from nothingness. Nothingness is the magic behind the universe. Nothingness is what makes us conscious.

God is found in the void. I can go along with that.

[Image: Picture_2_400x400_zpsrnlzq1kh.png]

"The future is inevitable and precise, but it may not occur. God lurks in the gaps." - Borges

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-04-2017, 07:54 AM
(06-04-2017 05:57 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm also intrigued as to why you define your god as "female". How, specifically, do you think you know its gender?

Cis-gender homophobic male, obviously. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Thus far, it would appear that Slipknot is not particularly inclined to engage in any sort of meaningful discussion. Consider
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
06-04-2017, 08:14 AM
(06-04-2017 08:00 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Thus far, it would appear that Slipknot is not particularly inclined to engage in any sort of meaningful discussion. Consider

Knuckle-dragging on another drive-by no doubt.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-04-2017, 08:27 AM
(05-04-2017 11:54 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe that the universe came from nothingness. Nothingness is the magic behind the universe. Nothingness is what makes us conscious. You condense nothingness so tight, it will become self aware. That's how God was formed. She is the highest consciousness that exists. She came from nothing naturally. Us coming from nothing means we have a untainted experience. I believe the nothingness was random at first. With time, God came from the randomness of pure nothingness. She learned perfection, and that's how the human experience came to be.

So when I die, I will go to heaven. Life is heaven anyways. It's beyond amazing what's in heaven. So pretty much the universe is perfect.

I see. Just condense nothingness (how?) and it will become aware of itself, which is nothing. So it is conscious of nothing?

This has to be the most arbitrary, disjointed and incoherent paragraph I have ever seen. It's not even a deepity because a deepity sounds profound on a superficial level. This doesn't even have that going for it.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
06-04-2017, 08:39 AM
[Image: yea-k.gif]
06-04-2017, 08:40 AM
What makes you think the universe came from nothing?

For all we know, the Big Bang was just a phase.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/