How I believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2017, 10:28 AM
RE: How I believe in God
[Image: img.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
06-04-2017, 10:34 AM
(06-04-2017 10:28 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  [Image: img.jpg]

Caption:

Go play in the traffic sweety, God will protect you.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-04-2017, 11:44 AM
(06-04-2017 08:40 AM)Loom Wrote:  What makes you think the universe came from nothing?

For all we know, the Big Bang was just a phase.

And the universe's parents are eternally grateful that that phase is overwith
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
06-04-2017, 12:03 PM
hmm, thread's title is "How I believe in God". Maybe I'm just not enlightened enough but I didn't read anything that approaches "How". I saw a lot of "what I believe" and as others have said it had a distinct lack of dragons to be very interesting. Not even an evil character or fatal flaw in humans to induce guilt. 2 out of 10.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 3 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
06-04-2017, 01:25 PM
It was another drive by and now us forum members are left talking to ourselves again. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-04-2017, 01:49 PM
(06-04-2017 01:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  now us forum members are left talking to ourselves again.

I think theists just want to share the fun, I mean, that's what they do every time they pray, no? And we all know sharing is caring Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
06-04-2017, 02:20 PM
I believe if you travel 60 mph for 60 miles, that it should take you 1 hour.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
06-04-2017, 02:43 PM
(05-04-2017 11:54 PM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  I believe that the universe came from nothingness. Nothingness is the magic behind the universe. Nothingness is what makes us conscious. You condense nothingness so tight, it will become self aware. That's how God was formed. She is the highest consciousness that exists. She came from nothing naturally. Us coming from nothing means we have a untainted experience. I believe the nothingness was random at first. With time, God came from the randomness of pure nothingness. She learned perfection, and that's how the human experience came to be.

So when I die, I will go to heaven. Life is heaven anyways. It's beyond amazing what's in heaven. So pretty much the universe is perfect.

What..... The..... Fuck.....?

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
07-04-2017, 12:58 AM
Yeah if you condense nothingness so tight it becomes aware with time. Out of this randomness comes God. God knows how to manipulate the nothingness to create realities. Like the universe is random. If I was born in hell, God would inevitably be able to go back in time and fix things. The universe is based on the infinite amount of nothingness it expands into. That's how God's and realities are created.
07-04-2017, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 01:35 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-04-2017 12:58 AM)slipknot0129 Wrote:  Yeah if you condense nothingness so tight it becomes aware with time. Out of this randomness comes God. God knows how to manipulate the nothingness to create realities. Like the universe is random. If I was born in hell, God would inevitably be able to go back in time and fix things. The universe is based on the infinite amount of nothingness it expands into. That's how God's and realities are created.

Hey, look at that! Another gobbly-gook spouting bullshit artist! How terribly unoriginal.

Well, at least I have another Mad-Libs guinea pig now. Evil_monster

Yeah if you condense cheese so tight it becomes aware with toast. Out of this party comes Rambo. Rambo knows how to manipulate the cheese to create baloons. Like the bowl is random. If I was born in Nebraska, Rambo would inevitably be able to go back in toast and fix things. The bowl is based on the infinite amount of cheese it expands into. That's how Rambo's and baloons are created.

ProTip: The above paragraph is just as factually accurate as yours. Good luck with that. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post