How I feel about my atheism and why I'd encourage religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: How I feel about my atheism and why I'd encourage religion
(19-05-2014 07:40 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 07:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is the root of your distress. It's not true - get over it. Drinking Beverage

You have any proof to support this truth claim?

For example, what proof do you have that we are not immortal?

Do you think you are immortal? And if so, what is your proof of same?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2014, 09:19 PM
(19-05-2014 01:53 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I'm an atheist and even though I'm well aware of the fact that there is no afterlife and that we have to make the best of the life we have, this is how I feel anyway.

Why not just leave it at that, instead of head-tripping about irrelevant shit?

Quote: Even though I'm an atheist, I truly wish I wasn't. I'd rather be the dumbest person on Earth who believes in a God and afterlife than be a smart young man who is logical and doesn't believe.

Well, I think it would be nice to live forever in paradise, but that's just not reality.

Quote: My personality is someone who embraces and is inspired by mystical god-like things (the world of Zelda since it has mystical god-like things, as well as anime such as Bleach, Inuyasha, etc.). I view this world of anime as god-like and superior since it has these concepts of an afterlife and many other awesome superior god-like concepts (which is far superior to this inferior reality).[quote]

Dodgy

Um you seem to have a bit of a disconnect with reality going.

[quote]
All diseases, illnesses, the fact that there's no God/no afterlife and that when we die, that's it (even having to "make the best" of the life that we have despite our struggles), these are all inferior concepts of life that are deeply loathed by me.

Inferior to wallowing in a fantasy world? No.

Quote: Their only existence serves to hold you back from achieving absolution and perfection and becoming a god (metaphorically speaking).

That doesn't mean anything at all.

Quote:All of life's struggles are pointless and inferior and they, too, serve this exact same purpose.

That is not fact. That is not by any means true.

Quote: We as human beings are more than worthy of a life in which we are gods, are immortal, have no problems, etc. (a world that is more like that of an anime).

It would be nice, I suppose. But again: wallowing in fantasy doesn't work.

Quote:But despite the fact that I cannot have god-like powers of immortality and such, there is one thing in which I can be a superior god. And that would be through my perceptions and attitude. Therefore, since life itself cannot give me these powers, I have chosen to take it upon myself and give myself these "powers" (metaphorically speaking) in the form of a personality which is superior to all things inferior in this world. It is a higher perception of that of an awesome god-like anime applied to my life here (an attitude and perception from a superior reality--not a perception and attitude that this inferior life wishes to make me adhere to its pointless struggles and inferior concepts). I now feel like that of an awesome god-like anime character who is able to embrace all god-like personalities of many anime characters who is superior to these hated inferior concepts of life and that these things no longer dictate what perception and attitude that this inferior life wants me to have. Even though I as a person physically live in an inferior life, my personality on the other hand, lives a superior god-like life in my own head. I have, therefore, given myself a personality that defies all these inferior concepts of life.

You might want to talk this out with a school counselor or a child psychologist.

Quote:So as you can see, my atheism severely clashes with my personality.

There is a disconnect between your fantasy self-view and your realization that it and god-claims are just fantasy. I believe the term "cognitive dissonance" may apply.

Quote:I realize that logic is the truth...

Not really. There is plenty of flawed logic to be found. Logic MUST answer to evidence. You might think about that in terms of your fantasies of a "god-like personality".

Quote:..and the logical truth would be that since life has no meaning,

Flawed logic right there, in your assumption that "life has no meaning". Everything that follows falls with that false assumption.

Quote: the fact that we die and go nowhere is neither inferior nor superior.

That much is true.

Quote: However, despite my sense of logic,

It's starting to look a lot more like illogic than logic, sorry.

Quote: who I am as a person says otherwise. Metaphorically speaking, I have the personality of a superior god-like immortal being. But there's only one problem which is that I am living in a life that is the opposite of that (a life that is not perfect, is full of struggles, am not immortal, etc.). If life itself were a person, I would say to it: "GIVE ME MY POWERS BACK!!! I AM A GOD WHOSE PERSONALITY MATCHES AND THRIVES IN THE AWESOME SUPERNATURAL IMMORTAL WORLD OF ANIME, ONLY TO BE BORN INTO THIS INFERIOR WORLD THAT DOES NOT MATCH MY PERSONALITY AND HAS TAKEN THESE GOD-LIKE IMMORTAL POWERS AWAY FROM ME!!!" (again, this is all metaphorically speaking and is an exaggeration of how I feel).

You really ought to look a little closer at these fantasies. I'm not convinced that they are healthy.

Quote: So as you can see, I utterly detest atheism despite the fact that I am an atheist and it is utterly inferior to my personality.

Um your fantasy personality is not real. The fact that there are no gods to be found IS real. Fantasy =/= reality.

Quote: No, I will not change who I am as a person because the personality I have is the most awesome personality. I will not allow this inferior life to dictate a personality that binds me and adheres to life's struggles and its concept that I am not immortal, etc. This life apparently wants me to change and dictate a personality to me that adheres to its inferior concepts (which would be a personality that no longer has any god-like perceptions in terms of living life like abandoning my god-like perceptions and accepting the fact that I will not live forever. Although I already know this is true, my personality will not be dictated (changed) by it).

While I applaud your stubborn sense of optimism, I think it could be better applied to a real-world understanding of the world rather than a fantasy.

Quote:Despite the fact that I am an atheist, I would support and uphold religion in order to give people the sense of comfort and superiority that they deserve and not what this inferior life wants.

I disagree. I do not see wallowing in fantasy as if it were reality as a healthy outlook on life.

Quote: The moral views on religion (such as homosexuality being a sin), these are things I would be against as they are irrational and false and only serve to bring chaos into this world.

But those are a HUGE part of the very religion you would support and uphold. In fact, in catholicism, for example, they are the very crux of the religion -- warring on women, on people different from them, etc. Not good. Not good at all and not honorable.

Quote: But as for just the religion itself (there being a God and an afterlife), that itself I would encourage in people.

I see where you would say, I'll wallow in my fantasy, you wallow in yours", more or less, but I don't think either is healthy or good for you or anyone else.

Quote: But if you are thinking that knowing the truth (atheism) is somehow better than believing in religion because you think that it is more mature and such

Straw man. I think it's better for a variety of reasons.

Quote: and that because of this, people NEED to hear and believe in the truth, then this would be wrong.

Not at all. Better a bitter truth than a pretty lie.

Quote: Positive outlook on life through atheism is neither less or better than positive outlook on life through religion.

Incorrect. A positive outlook on life as an atheist is one with one's eyes open, not filtered through delusion. FAR superior. You simply asserting something doesn't make it true, by the way.

Quote:Therefore, if someone has a struggle with depression and believing in a religion makes them feel better, then you should never tell this person the truth of atheism.

Non sequitur. Atheists and theists alike get depressed/depression, but using religion as a crutch is not a cure or a treatment. It's simply delusion.

Not sure what you mean by "the truth of atheism". I hope you are not treating it as, or claiming that it is, a "religion".

Quote: In depression, it is much harder (nearly impossible) to achieve a positive outlook on life through atheism.

That is simply not true. Again: simply asserting something that came up in your head doesn't make it true.

Quote: A depressed person is nearly (if not completely) dependent on the perception that religion offers...

[citation needed]

I seriously doubt this.

Quote:....(hope, comfort, as well as a sense of superiority since depressed people also have a sense of self-loathing and being inferior).

I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.

Quote: So if you tell them the truth of atheism and they believe that, you would have given this person a pointless struggle of even more depression.

I think you are guessing at all of this.

Quote:And even if at the end of this struggle they do manage to achieve a positive perception through atheism,...

You seem to be casting this as someone being depressed, and an atheist coming to that person and saying, hey, here's the cure for depression: ATHEISM!

It seems like an utterly absurd scenario to me.

Quote:... the truth is that this struggle was completely unnecessary because, as I said again, they would have achieved a new perception that is neither inferior nor superior to their previous perception of religion and it would of, therefore, been completely better off if they would have kept their belief in religion.

[citation needed]

Quote:Or you could have a person like me in which religious belief would be ultimate perfection for my personality (if I believed in religion, this would be the best outlook on life I could ever achieve). Therefore, encouraging religion in these types of people would be needed.

That really doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote: But, of course, if they are an atheist to the point where nothing can convince them otherwise, I would instead encourage this "god-like superior-driven attitude" of mine in others in need (providing that the positive outlook on life through atheism does not work for these people. I, of course, being one of these people).

I don't think so at all. You seem to not be able to conceptualize an atheist having a positive outlook on life. I am not convinced that you are an atheist at all.

Quote: Because these types of people deserve this perception (they need to be encouraged that they are the ones who are superior and that their problems are inferior and not the other way around).

I do not think that this is so. I think you are making that up. Your source(s) for this assertion?

Quote: That it's false that life's problems somehow dictate our lives and dictate what personality we should have.

We dictate our lives.

Quote:Me having this attitude may sound negative, but it's not (it makes me feel even more superior and powerful).

I think you have lulled yourself in to a false sense of security and superiority. I don't think it's healthy.

Quote: Saying things to myself such as "If life cannot give me the status of a god which would be absolution, perfection, and immortality, then this life is worthless and inferior to me.

You might benefit some from a certain saying that carries a great deal of wisdom: "Don't believe everything you THINK."

Re: "absolution": I don't think this word means what you think it means.

Absolution is a traditional theological term for the forgiveness experienced in the Sacrament of Penance. This concept is found in the Roman Catholic Church, as well as the Eastern Orthodox churches, the Anglican churches, and most Lutheran churches. (WIKIPEDIA)

How are you applying this word here?

Quote: I'm the one who is superior and this life is nothing more than a worthless pawn to me (just a means of getting the enjoyment I want). When I die, I can just dispose of this worthless abomination."

Not sure that looking at life as a "worthless abomination" is healthy. Do you get out much?

Quote: By being harsh and viewing my problems as inferior (in this case, life being full of problems and no God), this gives me a feeling of more empowerment and superiority. Also, when I am referring to life, I just mean these inferior concepts of life I've been explaining (I do not mean any people or innocent living things).

I think there are better ways to address whatever "problems" you may be experiencing. A school counselor could help you with this a lot.

Quote:Edit: Finally, one more thing is that I have chronic depression

OKAY. Are you seeing a counselor/psychologist/psychiatrist/doctor about it? Because I don't think your approach to it is going to be effective at all.

Quote: and what really bothers me is that these god-like powers I seek (the ability to experience full pleasure in life and live forever) may actually exist later on in the future. In other words, through technology, we might find a way to live forever and cure depression.

There are already effective ways to treat depression. Wallowing in fantasy is not one of them.

Quote: But it would be too late because I would already be dead (and I highly doubt we will find a way through technology to somehow bring people back to life). This, right here, is a complete mockery of my superior god-like driven perception and personality. Depression is the greatest inferior thing you can have in your life (obviously in my case since I view pleasure as the greatest superior thing you can have in life).

I think you are confusing fact with opinion, or even "monkey-mind" inner chatter.

Quote: If I didn't have depression, then maybe I would hardly have any anger issues with this at all. But me having depression is the final straw that has completely given me hate (in this case, positive hate that makes me feel more empowered) towards these issues. Me both having depression and the fact that we might cure depression and live forever in the future both couple together to make the ultimate mockery of my personality. But despite this mockery, I still have the desire to feel empowered and superior anyway. I could have chosen to have your average typical anger that any normal person would have in these situations (a negative type of anger in which you feel inferior and such). But through my overwhelming desire of becoming superior to all things inferior to me, I have instead turned this anger around completely into a positive superior empowering anger that instead makes me feel empowered and superior.

Pay close attention to this:

I have some serious concerns about you.

I have said a few rather sideways things to you in this post, but I am dead serious here, so listen up: The last person that I knew who talked like you are doing here was about two weeks away from putting a shotgun in his mouth and pulling the trigger.

Please. Get some help.

I mean this in the kindest way, but I am dead serious.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
19-05-2014, 09:22 PM
(19-05-2014 02:08 PM)Paul Linfor Wrote:  I think that when we humble atheists learn to deal with the fact that our powers are kind of underrated when it comes to other religions we still take the time to undergo strides and strides of improvement. So I believe that these godlike powers do exist in all of us but I think we need to discover them first.

Here is another quote from another famous atheists:

""Nearly all men can stand on adversity, but if you want to test man's character, give him atheism."

-Abraham Lincoln

Go the fuck away, troll.

19-05-2014, 10:19 PM
(19-05-2014 08:15 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Therefore, this fantasy-driven perception of mine has actually caused me to "grow up" in that I have achieved a greater sense of self-worth and empowerment despite my depression.

You have achieved absolutely nothing. You have not addressed the root cause of your depression, you have not even addressed the depression itself. All you have done is poured a collection of delusions over the issue and are "fantasizing" that that makes it better. You have rubbed Aloe Vera on your neck to deal with a gunshot wound to the foot and have convinced yourself it's helping.

The entirety of your argument when stripped to it's foundations is this: My delusion is just as good as reality.

This is the kind of thinking a child abandons when he becomes an adult. It's juvenile and cowardly in an adult.

To be perfectly honest if your not a troll than I think you are abjectly lying that you are an atheist. If you are an atheist you won't be one for long as you have zero respect for evidence and rationality, and are willing, even positive, about lying to others and yourself.

A belief built on a delusion is nothing but a delusion. The fact your personal delusion makes you all tingly in your happy place is irrelevant.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
19-05-2014, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2014 11:55 PM by Mozart Link.)
(19-05-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You have achieved absolutely nothing. You have not addressed the root cause of your depression, you have not even addressed the depression itself. All you have done is poured a collection of delusions over the issue and are "fantasizing" that that makes it better. You have rubbed Aloe Vera on your neck to deal with a gunshot wound to the foot and have convinced yourself it's helping.
Even if I knew this personality of mine weren't helping my depression, this is not a matter of me choosing to have this personality because I wish to escape and seek comforting delusions from my problems in a world of fantasy. It is the other way around--I am embracing fantasy as something superior to my problems and attacking my problems with this perception. So even if this weren't helping my depression, I would still choose to have this personality because it makes me feel superior to my problems. It may not help my depression, but at least it will prevent me from feeling inferior about myself and such. I realize that the positive perception through atheism also offers a perception of superiority. But like I said, it does not work for me at all. When someone says something like "This is the only life you have, so make the best of it," I can clearly see how this is encouraging. But despite the fact that I can clearly see how it should encourage me, it has no positive effect on me whatsoever. Instead, it makes me feel anger towards this message in such a way that I view it as inferior for me and that I wish to be superior to it and instead come up with a message of my own that creates a perception of my own that I want and not what this "inferior" life "wants" such as "This is the only life I have, but I am superior and deserve to live forever and this message that I will die and there will be no afterlife is inferior to me. I will be superior to all things inferior to me before I die while making the best of my life." If somehow, this perception of mine would cause me to be more depressed, then for the sake of my emotional well-being which I deem so important, I would consider changing it.

Now as for me having delusions, things I'm saying here such as that I have a god-like personality and such--this is all metaphorically speaking. I realize that there is no Gods or any other such superstition. So these are not delusions--just personality traits.

(19-05-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The entirety of your argument when stripped to it's foundations is this: My delusion is just as good as reality.
And that would be true and there is nothing wrong with that. In my case (again, it wouldn't be a delusion, just a personality trait), for me, having this personality trait is the best thing for me which is far better than any reality perception for me (actually, it would be completely better since I am unable to achieve a positive perception through reality [in this case, atheism]).

(19-05-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  This is the kind of thinking a child abandons when he becomes an adult. It's juvenile and cowardly in an adult.
If you are embracing fantasy in the sense that you wish to seek comfort and escape your problems, then it could definitely cause you to become more fearful and depressed when a problem does arise in your life (I would not use the word "cowardly" as that is a negative word that implies someone is weak. I would instead use a statement such as "more sensitive to life's problems"). But on the other hand, if you are embracing fantasy to make yourself feel more powerful and in facing your problems, then this is something different. What I mean by embracing fantasy is not looking up to some higher power for comfort and such, but actually taking these metaphorically spoken higher powers and making yourself powerful in terms of your personality.

And, again, this personality might be something similar to how a child would think, but this means nothing in my case. Actually, I view myself as mature (a highly "evolved") personality that I have. Again, this is referring to me alone (other people will obviously find that their atheist personality is highly "evolved" to them just like my personality is for me). And even if someone did have some sort of positive juvenile child-like belief in some fantasy, that again, does not make it any less or any better than a positive atheist perspective.

(19-05-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  To be perfectly honest if your not a troll than I think you are abjectly lying that you are an atheist. If you are an atheist you won't be one for long as you have zero respect for evidence and rationality, and are willing, even positive, about lying to others and yourself.

A belief built on a delusion is nothing but a delusion. The fact your personal delusion makes you all tingly in your happy place is irrelevant.
Again, all these things I'm saying that can be considered delusions is all metaphorically speaking (speaking in terms of my personality [how I feel]). Also, I completely believe in atheism and view the world through logic and science. But when it comes to how I feel, I am someone who embraces and feels empowered by fantasy. But that is not going to change me over to religion because I realize that atheism is a fact. Also, the fact that my fantasy perceptions do make me feel better, that may be irrelevant to most other people, but it is relevant for me and for the sake of my emotional well-being (as well as for other people like me who are atheists, but their feelings reject their atheism). Finally, all the things I'm saying here I do not view as lies at all--I believe what I'm saying for myself and others here.
19-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Why did you not address my post?

20-05-2014, 12:01 AM
(19-05-2014 11:27 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The entirety of your argument when stripped to it's foundations is this: My delusion is just as good as reality.
And that would be true and there is nothing wrong with that.

The fact that you genuinely think this speaks volumes about both as a person and as an intellect, and none of it is good.

The rest is just mixture of substance free word salad and an intellectually vapid attempt to justify your inability to face reality as a positive thing. The only people here gullible enough to buy that line of "thinking" are not people you want on your side.

As I said before, you "reason" like a heroin addict. Why face the pain of a detox when I can just get high and pretend I don't have a problem? It will make me feel good and it's not harming anyone else.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
20-05-2014, 12:07 AM
(19-05-2014 11:27 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You have achieved absolutely nothing. You have not addressed the root cause of your depression, you have not even addressed the depression itself. All you have done is poured a collection of delusions over the issue and are "fantasizing" that that makes it better. You have rubbed Aloe Vera on your neck to deal with a gunshot wound to the foot and have convinced yourself it's helping.
Even if I knew this personality of mine weren't helping my depression, this is not a matter of me choosing to have this personality because I wish to escape and seek comforting delusions from my problems in a world of fantasy. It is the other way around--I am embracing fantasy as something superior to my problems and attacking my problems with this perception. So even if this weren't helping my depression, I would still choose to have this personality because it makes me feel superior to my problems. It may not help my depression, but at least it will prevent me from feeling inferior about myself and such.

There are better ways to accomplish this.

Quote: I realize that the positive perception through atheism also offers a perception of superiority.

I don't think that this idea of a "perception of superiority" is any kind of answer for depression.

Quote: But like I said, it does not work for me at all.

Yeah.

Quote: When someone says something like "This is the only life you have, so make the best of it," I can clearly see how this is encouraging.

Strawman? Has anyone really ever suggested this directly (to you or anyone else) as a solution for depression or a crisis of self-worth?

Quote: But despite the fact that I can clearly see how it should encourage me, it has no positive effect on me whatsoever. Instead, it makes me feel anger towards this message in such a way that I view it as inferior for me and that I wish to be superior to it and instead come up with a message of my own that creates a perception of my own that I want and not what this "inferior" life "wants" such as "This is the only life I have, but I am superior and deserve to live forever and this message that I will die and there will be no afterlife is inferior to me. I will be superior to all things inferior to me before I die while making the best of my life."

Man, this has Theist Strawman written all over it. Really.

Quote:Now as for me having delusions, things I'm saying here such as that I have a god-like personality and such--this is all metaphorically speaking. I realize that there is no Gods or any other such superstition. So these are not delusions--just personality traits.

I'm not convinced.

Quote:
And that would be true and there is nothing wrong with that. In my case (again, it wouldn't be a delusion, just a personality trait), for me, having this personality trait is the best thing for me which is far better than any reality perception for me (actually, it would be completely better since I am unable to achieve a positive perception through reality [in this case, atheism]).

Cue Pink Floyd: "IIIIIIIIII.....have become......Comfortably Numb....."

Not convincing.

Quote:
(19-05-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  This is the kind of thinking a child abandons when he becomes an adult. It's juvenile and cowardly in an adult.
If you are embracing fantasy in the sense that you wish to seek comfort and escape your problems, then it could definitely cause you to become more fearful and depressed when a problem does arise in your life (I would not use the word "cowardly" as that is a negative word that implies someone is weak. I would instead use a statement such as "more sensitive to life's problems"). But on the other hand, if you are embracing fantasy to make yourself feel more powerful and in facing your problems, then this is something different.

Nope. Two sides of the same coin.

Quote: What I mean by embracing fantasy is not looking up to some higher power for comfort and such, but actually taking these metaphorically spoken higher powers and making yourself powerful in terms of your personality.

Ain't no diff'rence 'tween the two.

Quote:And, again, this personality might be something similar to how a child would think, but this means nothing in my case. Actually, I view myself as mature (a highly "evolved") personality that I have. Again, this is referring to me alone (other people will obviously find that their atheist personality is highly "evolved" to them just like my personality is for me). And even if someone did have some sort of positive juvenile child-like belief in some fantasy, that again, does not make it any less or any better than a positive atheist perspective.

Not. Convinced.

Quote:
(19-05-2014 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  To be perfectly honest if your not a troll than I think you are abjectly lying that you are an atheist. If you are an atheist you won't be one for long as you have zero respect for evidence and rationality, and are willing, even positive, about lying to others and yourself.

Again, all these things I'm saying that can be considered delusions is all metaphorically speaking (speaking in terms of my personality [how I feel]). Also, I completely believe in atheism and view the world through logic and science. But when it comes to how I feel, I am someone who embraces and feels empowered by fantasy. But that is not going to change me over to religion because I realize that atheism is a fact. Also, the fact that my fantasy perceptions do make me feel better, that may be irrelevant to most other people, but it is relevant for me and for the sake of my emotional well-being (as well as for other people like me who are atheists, but their feelings reject their atheism). Finally, all the things I'm saying here I do not view as lies at all--I believe what I'm saying for myself and others here.

Man, if you are not trolling, you still need to get help. Really.

20-05-2014, 12:12 AM
(20-05-2014 12:01 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  As I said before, you "reason" like a heroin addict. Why face the pain of a detox when I can just get high and pretend I don't have a problem? It will make me feel good and it's not harming anyone else.

No shit.

QFTMFT.

20-05-2014, 12:56 AM
(20-05-2014 12:01 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The fact that you genuinely think this speaks volumes about both as a person and as an intellect, and none of it is good.

The rest is just mixture of substance free word salad and an intellectually vapid attempt to justify your inability to face reality as a positive thing. The only people here gullible enough to buy that line of "thinking" are not people you want on your side.

As I said before, you "reason" like a heroin addict. Why face the pain of a detox when I can just get high and pretend I don't have a problem? It will make me feel good and it's not harming anyone else.
In my situation and everything I've explained, my inability to face reality would be a positive thing. What logic says there's not? Could you give me a logical reason?

Also, what is the logic in facing any problem when it is unnecessary (when it doesn't offer greater pleasure experience or in the sense of helping others to a greater degree)? It would be good to not face these types of problems. Therefore, can you also give me a logical explanation of how it would be good to face these problems anyway?

(19-05-2014 11:42 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Why did you not address my post?
I'll go ahead and address it now.

(19-05-2014 09:19 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 01:53 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  All diseases, illnesses, the fact that there's no God/no afterlife and that when we die, that's it (even having to "make the best" of the life that we have despite our struggles), these are all inferior concepts of life that are deeply loathed by me.

Inferior to wallowing in a fantasy world? No.
Nothing is better or less than anything else (it's all a matter of what meaning you give it that determines if it is superior or inferior for you). Therefore, for me, it is in fact superior to wallow in a fantasy world.

(19-05-2014 01:53 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Their only existence serves to hold you back from achieving absolution and perfection and becoming a god (metaphorically speaking).

That doesn't mean anything at all.
If you are a perfectionist (which is the case for me in terms of wanting to fully experience joy in life), then this means a lot.

(19-05-2014 01:53 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  All of life's struggles are pointless and inferior and they, too, serve this exact same purpose.

That is not fact. That is not by any means true.
If the struggle does not achieve anything good that was worth achieving through this struggle (a greater sense of pleasure or in helping others to a greater degree), then this struggle was pointless and inferior.

(19-05-2014 01:53 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I realize that logic is the truth...

Not really. There is plenty of flawed logic to be found. Logic MUST answer to evidence. You might think about that in terms of your fantasies of a "god-like personality".
If I stated that my god-like personality has supernatural abilities, then there would be no logic in that. But since I am metaphorically speaking when saying that and just in terms of how I feel, it is logical.

(19-05-2014 01:53 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  So as you can see, I utterly detest atheism despite the fact that I am an atheist and it is utterly inferior to my personality.

Um your fantasy personality is not real. The fact that there are no gods to be found IS real. Fantasy =/= reality.
It's again, a personality that embraces fantasy which would be a metaphorically spoken god-like personality (not a real god in the sense that I am actually a god in the sense that I can change reality itself and such).

(19-05-2014 01:53 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
Quote: Positive outlook on life through atheism is neither less or better than positive outlook on life through religion.

Incorrect. A positive outlook on life as an atheist is one with one's eyes open, not filtered through delusion. FAR superior. You simply asserting something doesn't make it true, by the way.
But as long as it doesn't achieve anything that is of greater pleasure experience or greater in the sense of helping others to a greater degree, it is pointless and there is no logic in somehow still viewing it as superior anyway.

(20-05-2014 12:07 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [quote='Mozart Link' pid='574067' dateline='1400563661']What I mean by embracing fantasy is not looking up to some higher power for comfort and such, but actually taking these metaphorically spoken higher powers and making yourself powerful in terms of your personality.

Ain't no diff'rence 'tween the two.
How is there no difference?