How I'll be "celebrating" Easter tomorrow

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Re: RE: How I'll be "celebrating" Easter tomorrow
(02-04-2013 02:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 02:13 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  I get pissed off here in the UK that we have restricted Sunday opening times. It might be the same in the US, i'm not sure. Shops are only open for 6 hours, which is a pain as that only leaves Saturday to go shopping properly and it is always busy. On Easter Sunday no large shops (over 280 square meters) are allowed to open which is stupid as like you say there should be a separation of church and state.

Here it varies from state or county to county...
In California you can booze anywhere that carries it until 2am. Here in Oregon, the state controls all alcohol. Places can sell beer and wine...but the hard stuff is controlled by state run liquor stores. The state sets the prices and decides sales etc. the individual store doesn't matter -- even tho they are independently owned they only get to choose what they carry...they can't determine the cost they sell it for.

Citadel Gin is something I can't find ever here. I can't order it from out of state...

I really need to drive to California for a booze run. I refuse to spend 40 bucks for Jim Beam when I can get twice the amount for half the price in California.

I live in Missouri and while most of everything sucks, our alcohol laws are really lax. You can buy any kind of alcohol (hard, beer, wine) until 1:30 am. And you can't buy alcohol until after 9 am on Sunday. Other then that, you're golden. Also, stores regulate all prices. We have a Food 4 Less here and all alcohol is around 2 bucks cheaper there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: How I'll be "celebrating" Easter tomorrow
Time to revive an older thread seeing as how we are approaching Easter and already the beginning of the "Easter Rush" to save the heathens during lent has begun.

So, what will your plans be for Easter?

I plan to commune with my fishy friends. Shocking I know. Blush

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
08-03-2015, 10:42 AM
For the remainder of Lent, I will be rolling my eyes at the inevitable influx of those who feel they must save us. Oy vey!

Guess I better start thinking about making a meal and inviting the kids/grandkids over.

The best thing about Easter is it's another reason to buy and eat candy...like I need a reason. Tongue

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-03-2015, 10:46 AM
BTW - easter grass is of the devil.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Muslim country... no Easter.

Heavens be praised.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-03-2015, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 10:52 AM by Free.)
I will wake up. I will be told by my wife to start hunting down my chocolate Easter bunny. I will find it. I will eat it. We will have an Easter dinner with the family.

And not one single word about Jesus will ever be uttered. No one will even think about it.

We worship the Easter Bunny.

[Image: easter-bunny.jpg]

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
Born This Way
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
08-03-2015, 10:51 AM
(08-03-2015 10:49 AM)Free Wrote:  I will wake up. I will be told by my wife to start hunting down my chocolate Easter bunny. I will find it. I will eat it. We will have an Easter dinner with the family.

And not one single word about Jesus will ever be uttered. No one will even think about it.

We worship the Easter Bunny.

A lesser god when compared to Santa Claus, but he does bring candy so worthy of a little worship. Tongue

08-03-2015, 11:12 AM
making a hard chocolate jesus figure then breaking it into bite size chunks with a hammer and chisel...... well I can dream
08-03-2015, 11:28 AM
I keep hoping that Easter will one day fall on april fools day so I can really have some fun.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-03-2015, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 11:43 AM by DLJ.)
(08-03-2015 11:28 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I keep hoping that Easter will one day fall on april fools day so I can really have some fun.

I think the first one did.

A lot of people seem to have been fooled.

Angel

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post