How I pwn Skyrim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2012, 03:01 AM
RE: How I rape Skyrim
Kill shit with swords, shoot fireballs, slay dragons, assassinate things for the assassin's guild and conjure zombies....

ORRRRRRRRRR

Hit balls with a club.

Skyrim please!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 03:26 AM by Lilith Pride.)
Censorship may not be something I generally condone but I really dislike that title word. I'm also not the only person who has experience with it. I find it excessively oppressive and can't stand that it has become popular slang.

No I do not mean skyrim =p

I kept my mouth shut before but I've seen it on the front page too many times.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
11-02-2012, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 04:01 AM by FSM_scot.)
(09-02-2012 04:03 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Don't let Scot hear you say that. God damned greatest game ever played.

I agree with kc. Watching golf has all the fun of watching paint dry. Playing its ok though.
Also kc, you rape skyrim?. That sounds painful. I know the disc has a hole in it, but it's tiny....

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
13-02-2012, 08:25 AM
(11-02-2012 03:22 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Censorship may not be something I generally condone but I really dislike that title word. I'm also not the only person who has experience with it. I find it excessively oppressive and can't stand that it has become popular slang.

Yeah, sorry. I forget that not everyone on the Internet is used to gaming slang. I'll change it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-02-2012, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 09:56 AM by Smooshmonster.)
(11-02-2012 03:22 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Censorship may not be something I generally condone but I really dislike that title word. I'm also not the only person who has experience with it. I find it excessively oppressive and can't stand that it has become popular slang.

Thank you.

My larp group has banned the word from being used on the field (along with 'fire' for obvious reasons) in any context. In other words you can get kicked off the field and receive an official warning for just using just shouting something like that while being ganked by a hundred monsters. I'm sure you know what I mean.
It's not censorship. You can still swear like a motherucker. It's just out of respect for people.

On topic: As someone who runs games, I feel that just because a game is breakable, doesn't mean you should break it. Most games are easy to break once you twink out ridiculously. Skyrim is no exception.
Sorry, that sounded like I'm telling you off for pwning the game. Tongue
I mean I think it ruins the game for me if I do that. I'm not saying you're a bad person.
It is, in fact, a very good pwnment and I had not thought of it myself.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
13-02-2012, 10:06 AM
(13-02-2012 09:52 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  (along with 'fire' for obvious reasons)

Not obvious to me.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-02-2012, 10:09 AM
RE: How I pwn Skyrim
It's not a question of whether we're used to gaming slang. I've been gaming for my entire life. it's whether a word has a horrible meaning or not. No matter what you mean by it the word has quite a different connotation, and for those of us who are familiar with that one it's something we usually do not want to hear. By oppressive word I mean it can ruin my day just seeing it. Forcing memories I try not to think about on me. And I'm not one of a few random people. It's around 1/4th of the population who has experiences with this. That's a very large percentage of people to be oppressing.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
13-02-2012, 10:17 AM
(13-02-2012 10:09 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  It's not a question of whether we're used to gaming slang. I've been gaming for my entire life. it's whether a word has a horrible meaning or not. No matter what you mean by it the word has quite a different connotation, and for those of us who are familiar with that one it's something we usually do not want to hear. By oppressive word I mean it can ruin my day just seeing it. Forcing memories I try not to think about on me. And I'm not one of a few random people. It's around 1/4th of the population who has experiences with this. That's a very large percentage of people to be oppressing.

I get it. It's just been used very frequently in all the gaming communities I've been a part of. Over saturation of the word lessens it's meaning; however, I changed it out of respect to those that are offended.

13-02-2012, 10:23 AM
(13-02-2012 10:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 09:52 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  (along with 'fire' for obvious reasons)

Not obvious to me.

Sorry. Shouting fire in a crowd generally tends to cause panic.

There are a few other calls like that you're not allowed to use in-game because they are reserved for out-of-game situations, such as shouting "Man down". They're not as serious as fire because they won't cause panic, but they will cause the medical-team to charge on to the field.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
13-02-2012, 10:40 AM
(13-02-2012 10:23 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 10:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Not obvious to me.

Sorry. Shouting fire in a crowd generally tends to cause panic.

There are a few other calls like that you're not allowed to use in-game because they are reserved for out-of-game situations, such as shouting "Man down". They're not as serious as fire because they won't cause panic, but they will cause the medical-team to charge on to the field.

Hmmm, during my Civil War re-enacting days, we got our point across pretty clearly with sentences such as, "Holy crap there's a hornet nest in that ditch!" and "Lieutenant Peters is bleeding from the EYE!"

Context clues were pretty king. We yelled "medic" and "fire" to add to the authenticity of the battle for the crowd. We even had explosions, saber fights, and fake blood.

Man, that was a lot of fun.