How I pwn Skyrim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2012, 10:55 AM
RE: How I pwn Skyrim
(13-02-2012 10:09 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  It's not a question of whether we're used to gaming slang. I've been gaming for my entire life. it's whether a word has a horrible meaning or not. No matter what you mean by it the word has quite a different connotation, and for those of us who are familiar with that one it's something we usually do not want to hear. By oppressive word I mean it can ruin my day just seeing it. Forcing memories I try not to think about on me. And I'm not one of a few random people. It's around 1/4th of the population who has experiences with this. That's a very large percentage of people to be oppressing.

I'm not piling on here because KC respectfully changed the title- but I do want to say that I agree, and you're not alone in your dislike of that word. Like KC, I've sort of gotten used to hearing it thrown around but just avoid using it myself. But it's a word that I think should retain its meaning because it's a serious issue. It should not be a word to casually throw around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Right my fellow Nords, I need some advice.

Two things, first I'm looking for a good one handed weapon, currently I'm using a Daedric mace/Spellbreaker combo(not the best shield but it works great against all magic) which gets the job done but I want something a bit more lethal.

Also best bow, as I've decided I'm going to level up my archery, as my one handed, block, heavy armour, smithing and speech are up full.

May Talos guide you.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
13-02-2012, 03:23 PM
(13-02-2012 03:17 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Right my fellow Nords, I need some advice.

Two things, first I'm looking for a good one handed weapon, currently I'm using a Daedric mace/Spellbreaker combo(not the best shield but it works great against all magic) which gets the job done but I want something a bit more lethal.

Also best bow, as I've decided I'm going to level up my archery, as my one handed, block, heavy armour, smithing and speech are up full.

May Talos guide you.

Daedric anything is the best weapon.

Daedric bows are piss-easy to make and upgrade. Also, pretty much any arrow is good as well. Falmer, Forsworn, Iron, and Steel are the most common and plentiful without spending money.

Honestly... there is no real reason to ever use a melee weapon if you level a bow.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-02-2012, 03:55 PM
(13-02-2012 03:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Daedric anything is the best weapon.

Daedric bows are piss-easy to make and upgrade. Also, pretty much any arrow is good as well. Falmer, Forsworn, Iron, and Steel are the most common and plentiful without spending money.

Honestly... there is no real reason to ever use a melee weapon if you level a bow.

Daedric bows aren't a problem to make, I've got a decent amount of ebony ingots and have full smithing. I think I'm using an ebony bow with shock enchantment that I found somewhere.

True but due to the way I've leveled up, getting up close and personal is the most effective way for me to fuck up someones day for the moment anyway.

I have no shortage of arrows (if they had weight I wouldn't be able to move)

I take it you you use the Daedric bow?

13-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah. I use the Daedric Bow and Ebony Arrows. I'm level 49 with 100 smithing, enchanting, alchemy, and archery, and my bow damage is 400+.

It's getting pretty comical really... I try and aggro a whole cave sometimes and pick off bandits one by one. I have 900+ AR with Light Armor (Dragon Scale/no shield).

13-02-2012, 04:37 PM
(13-02-2012 04:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah. I use the Daedric Bow and Ebony Arrows. I'm level 49 with 100 smithing, enchanting, alchemy, and archery, and my bow damage is 400+.

It's getting pretty comical really... I try and aggro a whole cave sometimes and pick off bandits one by one. I have 900+ AR with Light Armor (Dragon Scale/no shield).

I don't even know my stats. All I know is I'm level 50 and what skills I have full.

I actually don't have that many Daedric arrows, its the only thing I don't have much of. I've hoarded pretty much everything else though.

Have you Finished the main story?, I got as far as getting dragonrend then just sort of wandered off exploring, Must have uncovered most of the map, but still find something new. Big Grin

13-02-2012, 04:43 PM
(13-02-2012 04:37 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah. I use the Daedric Bow and Ebony Arrows. I'm level 49 with 100 smithing, enchanting, alchemy, and archery, and my bow damage is 400+.

I don't even know my stats. All I know is I'm level 50 and what skills I have full.

I actually don't have that many Daedric arrows, its the only thing I don't have much of. I've hoarded pretty much everything else though.

Have you Finished the main story?, I got as far as getting dragonrend then just sort of wandered off exploring, Must have uncovered most of the map, but still find something new. Big Grin

lol "main story"... what's that?

I got as far as Whirlwind Sprint...

All I've been doing is wandering around doing crap. I might need to pick up the main story again and finish it.

13-02-2012, 04:54 PM
(13-02-2012 04:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol "main story"... what's that?

All I've been doing is wandering around doing crap. I might need to pick up the main story again and finish it.

Main quests, You knew what I meant Tongue.

You are taking your time. Its actually more fun to just mess about and explore than do anything productive in the game.

13-02-2012, 04:55 PM
(13-02-2012 04:54 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol "main story"... what's that?

Main quests, You knew what I meant Tongue.

You are taking your time. Its actually more fun to just mess about and explore than do anything productive in the game.

haha, yeah that was my point.

Now, I need to focus and do something productive.

13-02-2012, 05:14 PM
(13-02-2012 04:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  haha, yeah that was my point.

Now, I need to focus and do something productive.

Even if you don't want to play that far into the game, I recommend playing as far as learning the dragonrend shout, but since you use bows you may not need it.