How I pwn Skyrim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: How I pwn Skyrim
How do you get to be so high level? I've finished the 4 faction quest-lines, almost done with the main quest, and have done quite a few sidequests and I'm still struggling at level 30.
Not to mention those dragons who keep harrassing me and my awesome horsy of doom.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2012, 06:38 PM
(13-02-2012 06:12 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  How do you get to be so high level? I've finished the 4 faction quest-lines, almost done with the main quest, and have done quite a few sidequests and I'm still struggling at level 30.
Not to mention those dragons who keep harrassing me and my awesome horsy of doom.

I just went exploring, went through many dungeons (ive killed more draugers than any other enemy). Did mainly misc and secondary quests.

Also focusing on a skills you want to rank up, levels you up to. I focused on smithing, when you are a lower level it levels you up fast.

Ive also put in many many hours to this game.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
14-02-2012, 08:16 AM
(13-02-2012 06:12 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  How do you get to be so high level? I've finished the 4 faction quest-lines, almost done with the main quest, and have done quite a few sidequests and I'm still struggling at level 30.

Two words: Hide. Bracers.

For 1.5 leather (1 leather and 2 leather strips) you can smith this. Smith a few hundred of these and you'll be at 100 smithing in no time... thus, giving you levels.

Smithing is the easiest skill to level.
Alchemy is the most tedious but lucrative.
Enchanting is the most difficult and slowest to level.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-02-2012, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 08:45 AM by Smooshmonster.)
Yes, smithing is awesome. I am average-level now in smithing and enchanting. My favourite way of making money is crafting iron daggers and enchanting them, and selling each for around 300 gold. A lucrative business.

I should try to improve smithing. After all I do want a crack at that dragonscale armour.

Bandits don't fit in my soul gems though. I wouldn't have thought bandits have such high-value souls. Any idea what kind of gems I need for bandits?
(13-02-2012 06:38 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

I just went exploring, went through many dungeons (ive killed more draugers than any other enemy). Did mainly misc and secondary quests.

Also focusing on a skills you want to rank up, levels you up to. I focused on smithing, when you are a lower level it levels you up fast.

Ive also put in many many hours to this game.

I'm worried about jumping into caves and killing someone who later turns into a quest-target or something. Would that break the game?

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
14-02-2012, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 08:49 AM by kingschosen.)
(14-02-2012 08:43 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Yes, smithing is awesome. I am average-level now in smithing and enchanting. My favourite way of making money is crafting iron daggers and enchanting them, and selling each for around 300 gold. A lucrative business.

I should try to improve smithing. After all I do want a crack at that dragonscale armour.

Bandits don't fit in my soul gems though. I wouldn't have thought bandits have such high-value souls. Any idea what kind of gems I need for bandits?

Alchemy is way more lucrative.

I'm selling potions now for ~1K a pop... completely pointless, unmissable potions to boot.

Also, Bandits are humans. Human souls can only be captured with Black Soul Gems. Creature souls can be captured with regular soul gems; however, undead creatures don't have a soul to capture.
(14-02-2012 08:43 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I'm worried about jumping into caves and killing someone who later turns into a quest-target or something. Would that break the game?

No. It's very unlikely; however, if you do screw something up you will not know or not care.

Yeah, quest rewards are nice but crafting will produce the most powerful items.

14-02-2012, 09:01 AM
(14-02-2012 08:47 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Alchemy is way more lucrative.

I'm selling potions now for ~1K a pop... completely pointless, unmissable potions to boot.

Ooh, that is tempting. And I do have a lot of ingredients. I've been eating some of them. I think I even ate spider eggs.

(14-02-2012 08:47 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, Bandits are humans. Human souls can only be captured with Black Soul Gems. Creature souls can be captured with regular soul gems; however, undead creatures don't have a soul to capture.

Oh. Cheers. Now I know what those black soul gems are for. I'll stop wasting power and time trying to soul-trap humans Tongue

(14-02-2012 08:47 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No. It's very unlikely; however, if you do screw something up you will not know or not care.

Yeah, quest rewards are nice but crafting will produce the most powerful items.

Good to know Tongue I won't worry so much about random caves then. I do want to try and reach absurd levels before I run out of fun things to do.

14-02-2012, 09:08 AM
A little fyi about ingredients and alchemy:

Only eat an ingredient that has 4 "Unknowns". This will allow you to discover the ingredient's first use. Use the preset combinations on the left to make potions. Don't just randomly combine ingredients in hopes that they will produce a potion because this will more than likely cause you to waste your ingredients.

The more ingredients and potions you mix, the more uses you will discover for your ingredients; basically, it all comes in time.

Mix poisons and potions that you use first ie health potions, damage poisons, slow poisons, etc. After you made what you want to keep, mix the crap you don't care about and then sell them.

As you progress through alchemy, you can make stacks and stacks of asinine potions that sell for huge amounts. Sell these to other alchemists, the traveling caravans, or the general stores.

14-02-2012, 09:38 AM
(14-02-2012 08:43 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Bandits don't fit in my soul gems though. I wouldn't have thought bandits have such high-value souls. Any idea what kind of gems I need for bandits?
Black soul gems i think? i'm not 100% on that.

(14-02-2012 08:43 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I'm worried about jumping into caves and killing someone who later turns into a quest-target or something. Would that break the game?

As far as I know you can't kill NPC's that are important to the storyline.

Occasionally I will get a quest that means I need to go somewhere I've already explored, it usually just means that you have to collect an item which is straight forward as you've already cleared the location, or some of the enemy's have re spawned, but you also get new loot.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
14-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I know in the computer version you can kill anyone if you enter the appropriate code.
On console you can't kill NPC's that create storyline missions or subquest missions. However the random mission generator may be dealt a serious blow as I think only the kill-able NPC's create them.

Anyone else hoard so much that it slows down their game? I'm in selling mode right now trying to lower my stash of awesome shit. Takes forever since everything I have weighs so much. I even had to create separate storage for each type of item so I could find what I wanted to. It takes like 48 hours before the shop NPC's replenish their money too... pain. But my wife is also a store. Bonus.

I need to make dragon armor. Most important... learning smithing... almost at 70.... need 100... plus like five more character levels to use skill points.... argh.

Also I need to buy all houses. And I need to be invited to join the dark brotherhood for completion... And all dragon priest masks. four more to go.

As for things I don't like to keep with the original purpose of this thread.

The main story was not very good. The ending was pathetic. Even the main subquest which was the civil war was pathetic. The most story intensive and satisfying quest line was the Companions quest followed by the thieves guild quest line.
I also hate lockpicking. I could make it easier by putting in skill points but lockpicks are so ... abundant I see no reason.
Item organization is poor at best. Considering how many items a normal player will have to deal with, this is enough to frustrate.

Hey KC, how do you see your overall physical stats? I can't find a way. You on PC homie?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2012, 10:45 AM
(14-02-2012 10:40 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Hey KC, how do you see your overall physical stats? I can't find a way. You on PC homie?

PS3.

But, which stats?

Like damage and armor rating?