How Lucky We Are

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2017, 10:26 AM
RE: How Lucky We Are
(12-07-2017 09:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump is the president. Nothing will change it.

The Republicans themselves are about to change that. It's been their plan all along since the first day he got the nomination.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-07-2017, 10:34 AM
(12-07-2017 09:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump is the president. Nothing will change it.
Maybe, but wouldn't it be soo wonderful if him and Pence were to be ousted wonderful for the USA and the world, wonderful beyond compare. Yes
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
12-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Personally, the only thing that matters to me at this point is who holds the nuclear codes.
The U.S. can recover from just about anything else, eventually.
(Even climate change can be, and is being, addressed at the state level).

So with that in mind:
GET. THAT. FOOTBALL. AWAY. FROM. THAT. MALIGNANT. NARCISSISTIC. MADMAN.

I detest Mike Pence and everything he stands for, but he's a saner option.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
12-07-2017, 11:03 AM
(12-07-2017 10:57 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Personally, the only thing that matters to me at this point is who holds the nuclear codes.

So with that in mind:

Unless you chose the wrong religion or none at all.
A guy who believes in a six day creation a dirt man a rib woman a magic garden an enchanted tree and a talking snake is more sane ? Shocking
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
12-07-2017, 12:12 PM
(12-07-2017 08:06 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 08:01 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Here the max they can do is two consecutive four-year terms. Waaaay back in history they could run again after someone else had served a term after them. But now they can't even do that.

Two term limit, but they do not have to be consecutive.
Quote:No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

I stand corrected. I should have left out the word consecutive.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
12-07-2017, 12:12 PM
(12-07-2017 11:03 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 10:57 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Personally, the only thing that matters to me at this point is who holds the nuclear codes.

So with that in mind:

Unless you chose the wrong religion or none at all.
A guy who believes in a six day creation a dirt man a rib woman a magic garden an enchanted tree and a talking snake is more sane ? Shocking

Oh he says he believes that but really, who knows what he believes.

And I truly don't care, so long as he still has some grasp of current international relations, or the ability to learn about them, at least,

As I said before, the U.S. can recover from theocracy; no one can recover from nuclear obliteration.

I trust Mike Pence to listen to his generals and security experts.
The same cannot be said of Drumpf.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
12-07-2017, 12:20 PM
"I trust Mike Pence to listen to his generals and security experts.
The same cannot be said of Drumpf."

On that count I totally agree. When Trump was elected I hoped that he would be smart enough to recognize his own shortcomings and appoint super-smart people who were over-qualified for their positions. And then LISTEN to their advice. Sadly he doesn't recognize he has any shortcomings and listens to nobody but himself.

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with “consistently” about foreign affairs, Mr. Trump responded, "“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things.”

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 4 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
12-07-2017, 12:27 PM
(12-07-2017 07:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Of course Hillary is the ONLY woman the ( D )s could run......

Apparently the talent pool is rather shallow......

Why else would you run one of the most hated women in the country???

Consider

If Elizabeth Warren's voting record matched SOME of the principled things she has said, I would vote for her. Unfortunately she's as corrupt as the rest and the few good things she says (and doesn't follow through with) isn't enough to win my vote. Then again I think this of almost all politicians.

We need to purge the government of corporate lapdogs before we can have a hope of finding a decent politician. At least that's what I think.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
12-07-2017, 01:39 PM
(12-07-2017 09:10 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 08:32 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Pence actually believes this shit. He is a well spoken and fairly charismatic voice which is a dangerous combination when you live in a world where you have a foghorn like Trump.

I used to buy that line. "First and foremost, I'm a Christian". Right. We've seen he can lie with the best of them : "This is the first I've heard of that" ..... BULLSHIT. I think he's not charismatic *at all*, and in fact is one of THE most boring people ever to have any office. He is dangerously reactionary, though, and that's the reason I hope Trump just keeps on keeping on, ... the longer this goes on, the better the chances for change, and if Trump is impeached, Pence will pardon him, and the whole lot of them, as they leave.

Not quite what I meant. Is he boring and stale? Yup. Was he bullshitting? You bet. That is precisely what scares me. The main issue as I see it is that he is that he is going to be far more appealing as Donald's star fades. He is not a stupid man. His boring nature, coupled with an agenda that many of the uber conservatives are ok with, and the possibility of putting another Scalia on the Court is an extremely toxic mixture as I see it. The fact that he is boring may make the news agencies fall asleep when the national bathroom bills come up. The fact that he is stale will make the definition of marriage bill passing go unnoticed. The inevitable Trump impeachment will cause such a media circus that who knows what draconian ideas can be hurried through. I agree, I hope Trump does stay in office. It is better that way in the long run.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
12-07-2017, 01:55 PM
(12-07-2017 12:12 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Oh he says he believes that but really, who knows what he believes.

And I truly don't care, so long as he still has some grasp of current international relations, or the ability to learn about them, at least,

As I said before, the U.S. can recover from theocracy; no one can recover from nuclear obliteration.

I trust Mike Pence to listen to his generals and security experts.
The same cannot be said of Drumpf.

Trust me, he believes the garbage on Fox. He was governor of my home and tried to pass some rather crazy laws.

He does believe planned parenthood is the devil.
He is anti gay even though much of Indiana was not.
He does believe that prayer in schools should be there.
He flatly denies evolution and climate change.

If he doesn't listen/ to experts and advisers on these issues, what makes you so sure he will if president? Look who trump has surrounded himself with.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac